Hall of Fame Candidates for 2014....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Mar 25, 2009.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Hall of Fame Candidates for 2014....

Well its that time of year, who are the candidates everyone would like to throw out there for the Hall of Fame, remember no current players allowed.

Please nominate your own players because there is a good chance I don't know the importance or stats of all of the studs that just graduated.

Here are the candidates that I can think of:

Montgomery, RB KSU - He broke Barry Sanders rushing record. Im pretty sure enough said.

Michael Burke, RB Illinois - Never put up elite stats, but was the difference maker for Illinois and was the starting HB for Four National Titles. He is the all time TD leader at Illinois.

Steve Holt, WR Mizzou - I may be getting his name wrong, but I know he broke a ton of records at Mizzou.

Those are the only fresh names I have, please post players that you think are worthy.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Is that LB from Oregon State gone? What about the QB from Mizz?

Should the players from last year be allowed as a second ballot?

3. OMlawdog

Yeah, I forgot who they are, but they should definitely be put on the ballot.

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

QB Dan Williamson is a SR this year.

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Timothy Watkins-All-time ncaa Rushing TD leader and was 500 yrds away from the yardage mark not to mention he left a yr early.

Montgomery-broke barry sanders record..

--------

They should add a HOF section in 2010 when a player leaves and meets their criteria he should be placed there with stats and accomplishments.(sp?).

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Maybe we can get a HOF thread Stickied for those who make it...

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, we can do that. Once this years get voted on, I'll compose it.

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

which linebacker?

9. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

The crappy, overrated one.

Oh wait, that's all of them. :HoosierHoo:

10. theSANDMAN215

this coming from a guy who has a running back that cannot hang on to the ball in the final seconds of a game :D

11. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Javid Best HB Ca--- Helped Cal to one MNC, and two PAC-10 titles during his four years on campus. Was an all-purpose HB that could run past you on a toss, catch the ball out of the backfield, or return a kick for a TD in a heartbeat.

Tim Watkins ( I think his first name was Tim)---Another Wisconsin alum who took all the old records, and said "They are mine" as he ran past some of the all time great on the yardage list. He has won multiple awards in his career that are too numerous to mention in this area.

I think these guys should automatically be on the list, with 3 "new candidates" and we vote on the new candidates and then vote on who gets selected....
    here are the guys who didnt make it last year.....

12. theSANDMAN215

agree on Best. He was unstoppable.

13. JrRawlins

anyone else wanna chime in?

14. JrRawlins

Montgomery, RB KSU - He broke Barry Sanders rushing record. Im pretty sure enough said.

Michael Burke, RB Illinois - Never put up elite stats, but was the difference maker for Illinois and was the starting HB for Four National Titles. He is the all time TD leader at Illinois.

Steve Holt, WR Mizzou - I may be getting his name wrong, but I know he broke a ton of records at Mizzou....

Javid Best HB Ca--- Helped Cal to one MNC, and two PAC-10 titles during his four years on campus. Was an all-purpose HB that could run past you on a toss, catch the ball out of the backfield, or return a kick for a TD in a heartbeat.

Tim Watkins ( I think his first name was Tim)---Another Wisconsin alum who took all the old records, and said "They are mine" as he ran past some of the all time great on the yardage list. He has won multiple awards in his career that are too numerous to mention in this area.

15. JrRawlins

anyone else i am missing?

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    QB Marcus Mason, Illinois: 2 (or 3) National titles and is responsible for bringing Illinois out of mediocrity and into the national spotlight.

HB Jamie Curry, Iowa: After suffering a season ending injury during the beginning of his Soph year, Jamie was able to capture virtually every Iowa rushing record. He finished second in the heisman voting his Jr and final year behind surprise winner Guidry from Kansas State.

FS Boyd, Kansas State: Was a large part of the defensive unit that helped Kansas State form into one of the most feared teams in the nation. (I think he won the thorpe as well?)

Is DT Rust from Nebraska gone? He definitely should be a candidate.

I'm just trying to throw out some names that aren't as obvious. We will definitely need to do this every year in '10. I'm having a hard time remembering all of the old superstars.

17. JrRawlins

Boyd won the Thorpe in 2010 ( I Think) had the school record for career INT's at 22 but i am pretty sure Eric Marshall broke it, last year...

18. OMlawdog

I would also nominate Lee Martin, he was a Free Safety for me for three years and was simply a beast.

I agree about Curry he should definitely be on the list, he was a beast at Iowa. I was lucky that I think I only faced him once.

Not sure though.

19. JrRawlins

i second Curry he was the running back i think we played..... busted a 98 yard run against us, with no one in the screen but him for about 50 of them....

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    haha, yeah, he did that all day long. Too bad I only had him for 1.5 years. He split carries his true frosh year, then got injured his soph year and then left after he exploded his jr year.

21. JrRawlins

The randomness of it is cool..... Guidry won the Heisman his Junior year, and came back without being persuaded, then his senior year he gets hurt for the year like 3 games in....

22. JrRawlins

are we ready to vote or are we gonna wait til the end of the season?

23. OMlawdog

Lets vote

24. JrRawlins

can we get an agreement on the final candidates?

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Put all of them up that were nominated. Everyone gets three votes. Top three go.