Hall of Fame Class of 2019: Joel Gunn

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Apr 8, 2012.

?

Does Joel Gunn belong in the Hall of Fame?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

44.4%
  1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

Name: Joel Gunn

Overall Rating: 87

Position: CB

Career Stats : 134 Total Tackles 17 Int 31 Deflections 4 TD

Awards Won: 2018 Bednarick, 2018 Thorpe, 2018 Redshirts DPOTY, 2018 First Team All American

Team Accomplishments: 4 Bowl Wins (2014-2018), School Record for INT's in a season (12)

Coach's Comments: Joel was a very solid corner for the length of his career as a Hurricane but his senior season was one of the best I have seen as he grabbed 12 interceptions and set the school record. I was very happy with his production through out his career and he will be in the Miami HOF.

Commisioner's Comments: We have never had a CB inducted into the Hall. We've also NEVER seen anyone have 12 INT in one season. I dont think we've ever had 10. An awesome 2018 season in which Gunn cleaned house with end of season awards he was elligible for was pretty impressive. For those of you curious... the NCAA single season record is 14 INT.

2. sonn

sonn Walk On

I don't know if one great season is HOF material..

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

yeah, im torn as well. If he averaged like... 7 or more a season for 20+ for the career its possible. but yeah... i dont know. career record is 29

4. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Comparing with Dustin Stover who didn't get in the HOF, Stover had better overall stats but two less interceptions. Thing that held him back was no awards.

This guy has a few awards but don't know if they push him over the line. Definitely a hard decision.

5. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I voted yes because of just how silly good that one big season he had was. Probably the best defensive season in this iteration of the Redshirts. I understand if people want more than 1 year, but you've kinda got to look at how good he was for that year before completely dismissing it.