Hall Of Fame Criteria

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Feb 28, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What should be considered? What do you look at now? Let's have a league wide discussion. Keep it above the belt. No 'stat whore' comments will be allowed in this conversation because I feel as though we have some of the best 'SIM' players on the site. If you do have some questions about someone's stats please PM myself or Maximus21 and we will discuss it with that coach in private.

2. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I think you should need to get a certain percentage of the vote, maybe at least 70%, 75% or maybe even higher. I think we should limit the amount of guys let in per season.

Some other ideas:

Maybe only one guy per position per year.
    Maybe how much a guys team has won(conference titles, BCS Bowl games, National Titles)
    User Game stats, see how well guys perform against other users not just the CPU.

Just throwin some shit out there

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

4. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I'll chime in tomorrow, tired right now.

5. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Maybe there should be a deadline when they should be put up, so they kinda all happen at the same time,and only a certain number of guys can make it in per season.So lets say 8 guys get put up but the Max number of guys that can get in for that season is 4,as a league we would look at the 8 and the best 4 can make it in.

You can also bring guys back for lets say 3 seasons max that didn't make it in there final season so that they can try to make it against new/old Potential hall of fame guys,This way the Lot of the guys will increase every year But the number that is allowed in stay the same so its not a cake walk to get in.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I like these ideas.

Basic criteria should include: 1. All-Conference and All-American 1st / 2nd team OR major award winner. 2. Player must hold at least 1 school OR NCAA record. 3. Player must have 8 votes for admittance to HOF.

Other than that, everything else is subjective.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I really like the idea that Highyella posted. I'm a little hesitant about using the AA's as a criteria because the game is very screwy with that sometimes. For instance OU's MLB Todd Harris won the Butkus award but didn't make an AA squad.

@Mr2Bits - school records related to Mr. Tyrone Gray? [​IMG]

Obviously having a record should be a consideration for voters so perhaps we should post them all after Bowl Week so that we have the full stats and awards to make a case with.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I don't like the record portion just because that would cause people to chase records... I agree with everything else though... I really like HY's idea... who would ever think to mirror our HOF process after the real life process;)

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I understand, but the way this is going the HoF has essentially become a stat whore fest. I could have thrown to Tyrone Gray 10 times a game and amassed 50 or 60 TDs with him, but I just don't believe in playing that way.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

True. I think performance in USER games should be held in higher value... if that player can't put up numbers versus human opponents than he shouldn't be held as high... we'll get it right though...

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Maybe a 3 year starter rule. So that would make Juniors who jump eligible as well if they start freshman year and seniors who start their 2nd year. I think that'll get a couple of more guys in the mix. Plus, we have no real control over persuading juniors to stay, I mean its completely random unless these kids have 'secret' personalities.

12. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

I don't think having "Criteria" is good because what others have mentioned. I think each user should nominate a set amount of players per year with the reasoning behind his nominations and a silent vote takes place. Apart of that reasoning would be that players performance in user vs user games. I think nominations outside of our user teams should be considered as well. No reason a CPU controlled player shouldn't get in, IMO.

I like the idea of bringing people back. I think there should be a "Waiting period" as well. Two years removed from graduation so the emotion attached to that player is less.