Hall of Fame Nominees - Class of 2013

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Dec 11, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Please nominate graduating players who you feel should be enshrined in the Trifecta Hall of Fame. I really want to see more candidates than last season, where only Slick nominated players. Also, last year's beast Chris Whaley is eligible for this season.

Couple rules before I get to the criteria
    - The player must be a graduating senior in order to qualify
    - Players who leave early can be nominated for the following season, just remember to save the player's information before we advance past Players Leaving in offseason
    - Please include as much information as possible on the player, I have provided an outline in the section below
    - I'd also like a picture for each athlete, so make sure to save one before the last game of this season
    - There is no limit on how many players can be nominated from 1 team.
    After we have nominees the league will vote on which player or players should be inducted. It will work on a point scale which will be announced once I know the number of candidates. It is possible for more than one player to get in but it is also possible no players are elected during certain years.
    Outline
    ---------
    Name -
    Overall rating - (at time of graduation/leaving)
    Position -
    Career Stats -
    Awards Won -(in game awards i.e Heisman or league specific i.e Legacy MVP)
    Team Accomplishments - (i.e bowl games won or conference championships)
    Coach's Comment - (a description on why you feel this player has earned this honor)

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

Name: Chris Whaley ( leaving early as a RS-JR)

Overall Rating: 93

Position: Running Back

Carrer Stats:
    631 - Carries
    3,907 - Yards
    56 - Touchdowns

Awards:
    2012 Maxwell Award for the Best Football Player in the Country
    2012 Walter Camp Award for Player of the Year
    2012 Doak Walker Award for the Nations Best Running Back

Team Accomplishments: (3) BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIPS, (2) BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS and an overall record as a starter of 26-2.

Coach's Comments:
    Chris Whaley stepped into the starting role as a redshirt sophomore and led the Longhorns in rushing with 1,695 yards rushing and 22 touchdowns. He was able to give Texas balance on offense which opened things up for the passing game. Whaley's RS-JR year he put the Texas offense on his back and carried them to a Big XII Title and a BCS National Championship rushing for 2,212 yards and 34 touchdowns. Chris Whaley rushed for 363 yards in this year's Big XII Title game to put the Horn's into the BCS Title game.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Senior players, eligible for this year's class

Name - Chris Fields
    Overall rating - 88 (RS-SR)
    Position - WR
    Career Stats - 98 receptions 2,163 yards 21 TD 22.1 yards per catch
    Awards Won - None
    Team Accomplishments - 2012-2013 Big 10 Championship, 2012-2013 BCS Championship runner up
    Coach's Comment - Fields was not a big part of the offense in his freshman season but he was the go-to guy for his next 2 seasons. Fields had an excellent year in his junior season but he unfortunately missed the last few games with an injury. At the time of his injury he was a front runner for the Heisman award. This season Walters has spread the ball out to different receivers so Walters had pedestrian numbers. He still caught 5 touchdown receptions so far this season.

Name - Melvin Fellows
    Overall rating - 95 (RS-SR)
    Position - DE
    Career Stats - 122 total tackles (87 solo, 35 assisted) 55 tackles for loss 18 sacks 4 forced fumbles
    Awards won - None
    Team Accomplishments - 2012-2013 Big 10 Championship, 2012-2013 BCS Championship runner up
    Coach's Comment - Fellows sat behind Heyward and Williams his first season but he has been terrorizing quarterbacks for the past 3 seasons. He racked up a combined 8 sacks and 29 tackles for a loss in his sophomore and junior seasons. In his senior season he has been downright scary. He has accounted for 25 tackles for a loss and 9 sacks so far. He has also forced 3 fumbles this season.

Name - CJ Barnett
    Overall rating - 86 (RS-SR)
    Position - CB
    Career State - 90 tackles (72 solo, 18 assisted) 6 tackles for a loss 13 interceptions 13 deflections 2 forced fumbles 1 fumble recovery 2 defensive touchdowns
    Awards Won - Barnett didn't play as a freshman and didn't contribute much in his sophomore year. After the Buckeyes lost several cornerbacks Barnett volunteered to switch from FS back to his high school position at CB. That is when he really took off. He was often matched up with the opponent's #1 or #2 WR but he made several big plays. Last year he picked off 5 passes and this year he leads the team with 8 interceptions.

Eligible for next season's class, if the player leaves early this season

Name - Larry Walters
    Overall rating - 99 (RS-SO)
    Position - QB
    Career Stats - 215.1 QB rating 338-482 6171 yards 62 TD/12 INT; 2 rushing TD
    Awards Won - None
    Coach's Comment - Do I really need to talk up Walters anymore? He came in as a redshirt freshman and brought us to the championship game. A failed 2-point conversion attempt was the only reason the Buckeyes didn't get the title that season. As a sophomore he put up less yards due to the emergence of the run game but he still put up solid numbers. His career completion percentage is at 70% and his QB rating so far is at 215.1. He has only lost 2 games as a starter.

4. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Texas doesn't have any nominations this year other than Chris Whaley from last year who left his JR year. The horns only started 3 seniors and none put up hall of fame numbers durning their careers.

5. vBIG SLICKv

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

FSU has nobody worthy at this point. Next season when DE Jeremy Miller goes pro (likely as the NCAA career sack leader if he stays healthy), then I'll have someone to nominate.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yes Gray needs to be nominated Leon, you better have his stats :p

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

WSU has no one to nominate for this season, I believe I will have someone to nominate next season

9. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I have 1: MLB Tom Wort. I will update with stats but not sure if I have a pic.

MLB Tom Wort: Total Tackles: 269 Solo: 158 TFL: 32 Sacks: 3 INT: 6 PD: 14 FF: 4 FR: 3 1 safety 1 TD.

Leader of the Sooner defense and will be sorely missed.

All-American whose best attribute was 98 awareness.

10. vBIG SLICKv

@bravejaf, where are we on the class of 2013? Did Whaley make it in?

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We'll hold a vote but I have to imagine he will be a prime candidate. I will try and get something set up over the weekend, trying to figure out a good point system.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have compiled all the players nominated​
    HB | Chris Whaley | Texas | 631 carries 3,907 yards 56 TD​
    Awards: 2012 Maxwell, 2012 Walter Camp, 2012 Doak Walker​
    Team Accomplishments: Big 12 Championship (3), BCS National Championship (2)​
    Coach's comment: Chris Whaley stepped into the starting role as a redshirt sophomore and led the Longhorns in rushing with 1,695 yards rushing and 22 touchdowns. He was able to give Texas balance on offense which opened things up for the passing game. Whaley's RS-JR year he put the Texas offense on his back and carried them to a Big XII Title and a BCS National Championship rushing for 2,212 yards and 34 touchdowns. Chris Whaley rushed for 363 yards in this year's Big XII Title game to put the Horn's into the BCS Title game.​
    DE | Melvin Fellows | Ohio State | 122 total tackles 55 tackles for loss 18 sacks 4 forced fumbles​
    Awards won: None​
    Team accomplishment | Big 10 Championship (1), BCS National Championship Runner-Up (1)​
    Coach's comments: Fellows sat behind Heyward and Williams his first season but he has been terrorizing quarterbacks for the past 3 seasons. He racked up a combined 8 sacks and 29 tackles for a loss in his sophomore and junior seasons. In his senior season he has been downright scary. He has accounted for 25 tackles for a loss and 9 sacks so far. He has also forced 3 fumbles this season.​
    CB | CJ Barnett | Ohio State | 90 total tackles 13 interceptions 13 deflections 2 forced fumbles 1 fumble recovery 2 defensive touchdowns​
    Awards won: None​
    Team accomplishments: Barnett didn't play as a freshman and didn't contribute much in his sophomore year. After the Buckeyes lost several cornerbacks Barnett volunteered to switch from FS back to his high school position at CB. That is when he really took off. He was often matched up with the opponent's #1 or #2 WR but he made several big plays. Last year he picked off 5 passes and this year he led the team with 8 interceptions.​
    MLB | Tom Wort | Oklahoma | 269 solo tackles 158 tackles for loss 32 sacks 3 interceptions 6 deflections 14 fumble forced 4 fumble recoveries 1 safety 1 defensive touchdown​
    Awards: All-American​
    Team accomplishments: None​
    Coach's comment: Leader of the Sooner defense and will be sorely missed.​
    Going to try this a little differently than Legacy. You can vote yes or no, on whether the player gets in. A player needs 8 'yes' votes to get in and that player's coach cannot vote yes or no.​
    ___ HB Chris Whaley​
    ___ DE Melvin Fellows​
    ___ CB CJ Barnett​
    ___ MLB Tom Wort​
    Oh and I'm not doing this in PM. It is pointless anyways since everyone involved can see the votes anyways.​

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My ballot

Y - HB Chris Whaley

X - DE Melvin Fellows

X - CB CJ Barnett

Y - MLB Tom Wort

14. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I vote Y for Whaley. N for everyone else.

15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Y-Whaley
    N-Fellows
    N-Barnett
    Y-Wort

16. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Y-Whaley
    N-Fellows
    N-Barnett
    Y-Wort​