Hall of Fame Nominees - Class of 2014

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Jan 10, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Please nominate your players. I would like to see more participation, especially since most users have been at their respective schools for at least a couple seasons. I am not sure if I have any seniors to nominate but I will check out my stats tomorrow. I plan to nominate Larry Walters if he chooses to enter the draft.

Couple rules before I get to the criteria
    - Graduating seniors or players entering the draft early are eligible for this year's class
    - Please include as much information as possible on the player, I have provided an outline in the section below
    - I'd also like a picture for each athlete, so make sure to save one before the last game of this season
    - There is no limit on how many players can be nominated from 1 team.
    After we have nominees the league will vote on which player or players should be inducted. It will work on a point scale which will be announced once I know the number of candidates. It is possible for more than one player to get in but it is also possible no players are elected during certain years.
    Outline
    ---------
    Name -
    Overall rating - (at time of graduation/leaving)
    Position -
    Career Stats -
    Awards Won -(in game awards i.e Heisman or league specific i.e Legacy MVP)
    Team Accomplishments - (i.e bowl games won or conference championships)
    Coach's Comment - (a description on why you feel this player has earned this honor)

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am nominating Robert Jiles for the Class of 2014
    Overall Rating 84
    Position: WR
    Career Stats 217 receptions, 3320 yards, 15.2 YPC, 25 TDS
    Jiles holds the records for single season and career receptions, single season and career reception yards at WSU

When I took over WSU going to Season 3, I knew the only way this team would turn around was by passing the ball. In the third game of the season 3 Robert Jiles shined as I believe he caught 10 receptions and the game winner against Clemson which was ranked #8th at the time. At that moment I knew I had someone special. His overall rating may not be the highest, but he was by the far the best receiver I have had at WSU. Lastly, when I took over this program it was only a 2 star program, now as Jiles graduates this team is a 4-5 star program and a lot of this progress would not have been possible without Robert Jiles.

[​IMG]

3. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

Giovanni Bernard
    Overall Rating: 93
    Position: HB
    Career Stats: 788 rushes for 3998 yards (5.1 YPC), 38 Rushing TDs; 80 Receptions for 642 yards, 3 TDs
    Awards Won: None
    Team Accomplishments: 2x Chick-Fil-A Bowl winners

If you hit CTRL-F on our game recaps threads and searched for the name "Giovanni Bernard", you'd hit it over and over. Remarkably consistent over his 4 years: 980 yards his FR (CPU) season, then 1064, 944, & 1010 as a senior. (If I'd known he was just 2 yards short of 4000 for his career, I'd have gotten those before pulling him in the bowl game this year.) Injuries robbed him of at least 7 games during the three years I had him or his totals would be much more gaudy, but Bernard was the mainstay of the Tar Heel attack ever since I've been here despite topping out with just 87 speed his senior year. When you don't have many great players you get attached to them, and I don't know what we'll do without him next season.

[​IMG]

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Name - Robert Bolden
    Overall rating - 93
    Position - QB
    Career Stats - pass: 596yds 3 TD, rush: 2983yds 39yds 15.1yd avg
    Awards Won -
    Team Accomplishments - 3 BCS and Big 10 titles
    Coach's Comment - The legs of the 2 QB system used for his entire college career. Gave teams fits with his ability to get to the edge and make big plays. Holds the school record for rushing TD's in a career.

Name - Paul Jones
    Overall rating - 88

Position - QB
    Career Stats -pass: 5370yds 54 TD 199.4 rat, rush: 228yds 4 TD
    Awards Won -

Coach's Comment - The arms of the 2 QB system used for his entire college career. Set school records for passing TD's career and season and caeer yardage leader.

Name - Alex Kinney
    Overall rating - 88
    Position - WR
    Career Stats - 189 rec 4083yds 30TD, rush: 195yds 1TD, KR/PR: 846yds 1 TD
    Awards Won - All American

Coach's Comment - Speedster who routinely made big plays and was a favorite target for the QB. Set school recieving records for TD in a season, yards in a season and career, and receptions in a season and career.

Name - CJ Olaniyan

Overall rating - 92
    Position - DE
    Career Stats - 131 tackles 37 sacks 2 INT
    Awards Won - All American, Bednarik, Nagurski, Lombardi

Coach's Comment - Dominating DE who was a 3 year starter and put constant pressure on opposing QB's. Holds the school record for sacks in a career.

[FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]Sorry no pictures. I aint that fancy.....

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

Name - Roderick Smith
    Overall rating -
    Position - Halfback
    Career Stats - 412 carries 2,457 yards 41 rushing touchdowns; 33 receptions 369 yards 2 TD
    Awards Won - 2013 Doak Walker Award
    Team Accomplishments - Big 10 Championship (1), BCS Title Runner-Up (1)
    Coach's Comment - Smith played in a pass heavy offense but still managed to put up solid numbers. He was a key reason we were able to lose just one game last year as he didn't allow the defenses to cheat on the pass game. This season the coaching staff made some bad decisions early in games and often we were playing from behind. This limited the carries that Smith received in those games.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

[​IMG]

FSU DE Jeremy Miller
    Overall Rating - 94
    Career Stats - 111 tackles, 83 TFL, 44.5 sacks (FSU record), 22 sacks in 2013 (FSU single season record)
    Awards Won - 3 ACC titles (2012-2014), 2013 Bednarik, 2013 Nagurski, 2013 Lombardi, 2 time 2nd team AA (2012, 2014) 1 time 1st team AA (2013)
    Coach's Comment - Miller was one of only two playmakers on a rebuilding FSU defense for the past 2 seasons, and it wasn't until this season that he actually had some other athletes (although young ones) on that side of the ball to help he and MLB Chris Wright. He was great at getting pressure off the edge and also made several key plays over the past 3 seasons. Just a good all around DE that is likely the best to play at FSU when you look at the whole body of work.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

@Papa Perry - I do have James stats if you want him nominated for HoF.

I probably should have saved the stats for Texas running back Davis but I was running late for work this morning and I knew the advance would take awhile.

8. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I didn't think Davis was eligible because he left as a Redshirt Sophomore. I still probably would not have nominated him as he put up solid numbers in 2yrs but not Hall of Fame Worthy.

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Yea man. Thanks

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Name - Sean Salas
    Overall rating - 98 OVR (RS) JR
    Position - Tailback
    Career Stats - 536 carries, 3443 yards, 6.4 ypc, 40 td's
    Awards Won - That's not how we roll at USC
    Team Accomplishments - In the two years as coach Sean lead us to two straight conference titles and this seasons Rose Bowl victory.
    Coach's Comment - Sean Salas put up great numbers in our system despite being part of a 3 man rotation the past two years. With an extremely shaky quarterback situation teams were stacking the box but Salas had numerous runs where he would just run over, through and around defenders on his way to first down after first down. Salas leaves behind a great legacy at USC and begins the new era of "Tailback U"

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Name: Jordan James
    Overall rating: 94
    Position: Halfback
    Career Stats: 496 carries 3,144 yards 6.3 yards per carry 47 rushing touchdowns; 11 receptions 81 yards 1 receiving touchdown
    Awards won: None
    Team accomplishments:
    Coach's comments:

@Papa Perry - can you update the last 2 categories. Also, do you have a picture of James. If so can you upload to EA Sports World and post.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Was waiting to see if Salas won MVP before opening voting but we can now commence

Quarterback

Robert Bolden - Penn State
    Overall rating - 93
    Position - QB
    Career Stats - pass: 596yds 3 TD, rush: 2983yds 39 TD 15.1yd avg
    Awards Won -
    Coach's Comment - The legs of the 2 QB system used for his entire college career. Gave teams fits with his ability to get to the edge and make big plays. Holds the school record for rushing TD's in a career.

Paul Jones - Penn State
    Overall rating - 88
    Position - QB
    Career Stats -pass: 5370yds 54 TD 199.4 rat, rush: 228yds 4 TD
    Awards Won -
    Coach's Comment - The arms of the 2 QB system used for his entire college career. Set school records for passing TD's career and season and caeer yardage leader.

Halfback

Giovani Bernard - North Carolina
    Overall rating: 93
    Position: HB
    Career Stats: 788 rushes for 3998 yards (5.1 YPC), 38 Rushing TDs; 80 Receptions for 642 yards, 3 TDs
    Team Accomplishments: Chik-Fil-A Bowl (2)
    Coach's Comments: If you hit CTRL-F on our game recaps threads and searched for the name "Giovanni Bernard", you'd hit it over and over. Remarkably consistent over his 4 years: 980 yards his FR (CPU) season, then 1064, 944, & 1010 as a senior. (If I'd known he was just 2 yards short of 4000 for his career, I'd have gotten those before pulling him in the bowl game this year.) Injuries robbed him of at least 7 games during the three years I had him or his totals would be much more gaudy, but Bernard was the mainstay of the Tar Heel attack ever since I've been here despite topping out with just 87 speed his senior year. When you don't have many great players you get attached to them, and I don't know what we'll do without him next season.

Roderick Smith - Ohio State
    Overall rating - 95
    Position - Halfback
    Career Stats - 412 carries 2,457 yards 41 rushing touchdowns; 33 receptions 369 yards 2 TD
    Awards Won - 2013 Doak Walker Award
    Team Accomplishments - Big 10 Championship (1), BCS Title Runner-Up (1)
    Coach's Comment - Smith played in a pass heavy offense but still managed to put up solid numbers. He was a key reason we were able to lose just one game last year as he didn't allow the defenses to cheat on the pass game. This season the coaching staff made some bad decisions early in games and often we were playing from behind. This limited the carries that Smith received in those games.

Sean Salas - USC
    Overall rating - 98 OVR (RS) JR
    Position - Tailback
    Career Stats - 536 carries, 3443 yards, 6.4 ypc, 40 td's
    Awards Won - 2014 T3 MVP
    Team Accomplishments - In the two years as coach Sean lead us to two straight conference titles and this seasons Rose Bowl victory.
    Coach's Comment - Sean Salas put up great numbers in our system despite being part of a 3 man rotation the past two years. With an extremely shaky quarterback situation teams were stacking the box but Salas had numerous runs where he would just run over, through and around defenders on his way to first down after first down. Salas leaves behind a great legacy at USC and begins the new era of "Tailback U"

Name: Jordan James
    Overall rating: 94
    Position: Halfback
    Career Stats: 496 carries 3,144 yards 6.3 yards per carry 47 rushing touchdowns; 11 receptions 81 yards 1 receiving touchdown

Wide Receiver

Robert Jiles - Washington State
    Position: WR
    Stats: 217 receptions, 3320 yards, 15.2 YPC, 25 TDS
    Notes: Jiles holds the records for single season and career receptions, single season and career reception yards at WSU
    Coach's Comments: When I took over WSU going to Season 3, I knew the only way this team would turn around was by passing the ball. In the third game of the season 3 Robert Jiles shined as I believe he caught 10 receptions and the game winner against Clemson which was ranked #8th at the time. At that moment I knew I had someone special. His overall rating may not be the highest, but he was by the far the best receiver I have had at WSU. Lastly, when I took over this program it was only a 2 star program, now as Jiles graduates this team is a 4-5 star program and a lot of this progress would not have been possible without Robert Jiles.

Alex Kinney - Penn State
    Overall rating - 88
    Position - WR
    Career Stats - 189 rec 4083yds 30TD, rush: 195yds 1TD, KR/PR: 846yds 1 TD
    Awards Won - All American
    Coach's Comment - Speedster who routinely made big plays and was a favorite target for the QB. Set school recieving records for TD in a season, yards in a season and career, and receptions in a season and career.

CJ Olaniyan - Penn State
    Overall rating - 92
    Position - DE
    Career Stats - 131 tackles 37 sacks 2 INT
    Awards Won - All American, Bednarik, Nagurski, Lombardi
    Coach's Comment - Dominating DE who was a 3 year starter and put constant pressure on opposing QB's. Holds the school record for sacks in a career.

Jeremy Miller -Florida State
    Overall Rating - 94
    Position: Defensive End
    Career Stats - 111 tackles, 83 TFL, 44.5 sacks (FSU record), 22 sacks in 2013 (FSU single season record)
    Awards Won - 3 ACC titles (2012-2014), 2013 Bednarik, 2013 Nagurski, 2013 Lombardi, 2 time 2nd team AA (2012, 2014) 1 time 1st team AA (2013)
    Coach's Comment - Miller was one of only two playmakers on a rebuilding FSU defense for the past 2 seasons, and it wasn't until this season that he actually had some other athletes (although young ones) on that side of the ball to help he and MLB Chris Wright. He was great at getting pressure off the edge and also made several key plays over the past 3 seasons. Just a good all around DE that is likely the best to play at FSU when you look at the whole body of work.

---- Official Ballot ----

___ Robert Bolden QB Penn State

___ Paul Jones QB Penn State

___ Roderick Smith HB Ohio State

___ Sean Salas WR USC

___ Jordan James HB UCLA

___ Giovani Bernard HB North Carolina

___ Robert Jiles WR Washington State

___ Alex Kinney WR Penn State

___ CJ Olaniyan DE Penn State

___ Jeremy Miller DE Florida State

Please mark Y or N by each player to determine if the player should get into the T3 Hall of Fame. A player needs 8 votes to get in and the team's coach cannot cast a vote for his own player(s)

13. Dru50

@Bravejaf, I'm hoping FSU DE Jeremy Smith not being on the list is a mistake?

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yes Jeremy Miller should have been included. I was pressed for time when making the list so I accidentally missed him.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Fixed the ballot to group everyone by position

Also I guess I'll be the first to cast my votes

N - Robert Bolden QB Penn State

N - Paul Jones QB Penn State

X - Roderick Smith HB Ohio State

Y - Sean Salas WR USC

N - Jordan James HB UCLA

N - Giovani Bernard HB North Carolina

Y - Robert Jiles WR Washington State

Y - Alex Kinney WR Penn State

N - CJ Olaniyan DE Penn State

Y - Jeremy Miller DE Florida State

16. Dru50

N - Robert Bolden QB Penn State

N - Roderick Smith HB Ohio State

Y - Sean Salas WR USC

N - Jordan James HB UCLA

Y - Giovani Bernard HB North Carolina

X - Jeremy Miller DE Florida State

17. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

18. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

---- Official Ballot ----

Y Robert Bolden QB Penn State

Y Paul Jones QB Penn State

N Roderick Smith HB Ohio State

Y Sean Salas WR USC

Y Jordan James HB UCLA

N Giovani Bernard HB North Carolina

X Robert Jiles WR Washington State

N Alex Kinney WR Penn State

Y CJ Olaniyan DE Penn State

YJeremy Miller DE Florida State

19. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

X - Robert Bolden QB Penn State

X - Paul Jones QB Penn State

Y - Sean Salas WR USC

N - Jordan James HB UCLA

X - Alex Kinney WR Penn State

X - CJ Olaniyan DE Penn State

20. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

---- Official Ballot ----​

Y Robert Bolden QB Penn State​

Y Paul Jones QB Penn State​

N Roderick Smith HB Ohio State​

Y Sean Salas WR USC​

X Jordan James HB UCLA​

N Giovani Bernard HB North Carolina​

Y Robert Jiles WR Washington State​

N Alex Kinney WR Penn State​

Y CJ Olaniyan DE Penn State​

Y Jeremy Miller DE Florida State​

21. vBIG SLICKv

Y - Sean Salas WR USC

N - Jordan James HB UCLA

22. Dru50

@bravejaf - when are the inductees getting announced?

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

@Beazus Christ
    @Colemanchu
    @Bl0ndeRedhead
    @Twister18
    @Jman

Need your votes for Hall of Fame

@v Big Slickv - You missed Bolden

___ Robert Bolden QB Penn State

___ Paul Jones QB Penn State

___ Roderick Smith HB Ohio State

___ Sean Salas WR USC

___ Jordan James HB UCLA

___ Giovani Bernard HB North Carolina

___ Robert Jiles WR Washington State

___ Alex Kinney WR Penn State

___ CJ Olaniyan DE Penn State

___ Jeremy Miller DE Florida State

Bolden - 2 yes, 4 no (eliminated)
    Jones - 2 yes, 4 no (eliminated)
    Smith - 0 yes, 6 no (eliminated)
    Salas - 7 yes, 0 no
    James - 1 yes, 5 no (eliminated)
    Bernard - 3 yes, 3 no
    Jiles - 5 yes, 1 no
    Kinney - 4 yes, 2 no
    Olaniyan - 3 yes, 3 no
    Miller - 6 yes, 0 no

24. vBIG SLICKv

25. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Bolden - Y
    Jones - N
    Bernard - N
    Smith - N
    Salas - Y
    Jiles - Y
    Kinney - N
    Olaniyan - Y
    Miller - Y

Edited because I missed that Salas left as a Junior and didnt want to be the dick who voted no