Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Dru50, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Hall of Fame

Guys, I'd like to set up an Experience HOF, and wanted to get everyone's thoughts. My preference would be to limit the HOF to players who play at least 2 years for our teams, which would exclude any players who graduate/leave early after this year. That way we are talking about guys who are star players over a period of time as opposed to guys who may be lighting it up this year only.

What do you guys think?

In any case, what I'll need from each of you when the time comes will be a photo of the player and a brief write up on the guys career. I will run this similar to the NFL HOF, in that there will be a group of players eligible, but a maximum number that can enter the Hall in any given year. I still need to work out the details, and will post them during season 2 sometime.

2. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

That's cool, I'll do my part.

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Sounds good. I am waiting until season 3 to start my HOF in the legacy. Gives more time for Users to put up the career numbers.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think we should limit this to recruited players -- just my $0.02.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Sounds like fun!

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'd vote against this. With the youth of my team, it'll be a while before recruited players get much PT for me. Also, I really like my real players and you've got guys like Devin Gardner (who's gonna be a BEAST) that could play 4 years for me.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Same thing here, I like the 2 year minimum plan that drew proposed.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm with Basis. (SEC guys gotta stick together).

9. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I see what Jello is saying, but the best stories start on the recruiting trail, and end with the on the field performance, so I'm going to tow the SEC party line.

10. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Maybe meet in the middle and the requirement is that the player has to be on the roster for 3 years? So only freshman and sophomores on the rosters now are eligible.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The other option is that those people who feel it should only be recruited players don't have to vote in the players who start on the opening rosters. IMO, everyone gets the opportunity to vote, and you can choose to vote for (or not vote for) whoever you want for whatever reason.

I know that I am a stickler regarding who I think is worthy of a Hall of Fame, and guys won't get my vote unless they are really epic players.