Halloween football saturday week

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by thievaryx, Oct 31, 2009.

1. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Halloween football saturday week

Looks like a lot of ranked contender teams have been dressing up all the previous weeks and this week they are being stripped of their costume... and being exposed as pretenders! Lets see:

#13 VT drops 20-17 to UNC
    #21 WVU drops 30-19 to USF
    #4 Iowa losing 21-7 to Indiana at the half

and its still early, who else?

My guesses:
    #5 USC drops to Oregon
    #22 SCar drops to Tenn
    and the big one.... #1 UF drops to Georgia

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

This iowa game is one of the worst officiated games i have EVER seen. They have no clue how to call a game and are really trying to give Iowa the win. The replay guy is just as miserable as the officiating. One td i can see not over turning but the one the overturned was a joke. His foot dragged it was called a td and yet they still over turn it. Then the personal foul call on the one tackle was a joke as well. I hope Indiana holds on because they dont deserve this garbage of officiating

3. NDCOLTS1979

I would love to congratulate the officiating to give iowa the game. You did a great job for yourselves

4. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Yea I was watching it and just turned it off. Indiana selfdestructed... but Iowa should give the game ball to the officials

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Let's go DUCKS!!!! oh.... and that Indiana - Iowa game was BS.

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i like how its always on the officials.. as an official my self i can say it is the only job where everyone expects you to 100% correct in every situation.. and no matter if its the right call or not... some one still bitches... unfortunately most of us forget to realize that by watching the game on TV we have a better view of the action.. with 6 to 7 more angles than the official working the game.. i think that everyone should have to be an official for one day.. in any sport.. at any level... granted some clown will say well at this level blah blah blah.. dude they are just like you.. a PERSON.. granted they probably made a few "bad calls" but that is part of the game.. it inst like "bad calls" are something that just happend with the invention of replay.. if anything replay helps curb this.. and onto replay.. the TV doesn't show what the reviewer is watching. plus there has to be 100% conclusive evidence to over turn something.

sorry for the rant but i just get tired of everyone blaming officials.. heres the way to prevent "bad calls" DON'T LET YOUR TEAM GET INTO THAT SITUATION!

i would also like to encourage each of you to get into officiating.. i can guarantee that you will never be able to watch sports the same way again.. plus they are always looking for fresh blood in the only job where you must be perfect.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

All I have to say is Go Hawks :)

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Northwestern beating Penn State @ Half : 13 - 10

How about Illinois beating up on Michigan right now?

9. NDCOLTS1979

There has to be 100% conclusive evidence to over turn something.. Then how did the one td get turned around. There is not one chance that they could rule that conclusive. He dragged his foot before his knee hit out of bounds the line judge was RIGHT there staring and ruled it a td.

10. T2

The next DVR moment was one that generated much more controversy.

After Sash's play pulled Iowa to within 21-14, Indiana came roaring right back. A 45-yard pass play got the Hoosiers back in the red zone at the Iowa 15. Running plays got them to the 11.

Chappell hit Terrance Turner at the left sideline of the end zone. A diving Turner made a diving catch just past the outstretched arms of Amari Spievey, but fell out of bounds on his right side. But did he get his right foot down in time for the touchdown?

The side judge ruled it a touchdown, but then the play was reviewed.

The ESPN cameras had six angles on the play:

1. The regular wide view from the press box, from which the play was shown live.

2. A second wide view, taken from a slightly lower angle than the live view, but with isolation on Spievey and Turner.

3. A view from the back of the end zone.

4. A slightly lower angle view from the back of the end zone.

5. A reverse angle from the ground, right at the sideline where Turner made the catch.

6. A long view from behind the line of scrimmage.

The two "regular" views from press box weren't helpful. The cameras were more or less looking down on the play, and it wasn't clear if Turner's foot was down. Also, Spievey obscured that view.

The two end zone views were closer to the field. They showed that in the act of diving, Turner left his feet and wasn't able to get the sole of his right foot down, but perhaps the side of his little toe on his right foot grazed the ground. One end zone view appeared to show his right toe bouncing off the turf. The reverse angle from the sideline was the closest shot, but it, too was looking down on the play. It appeared to show a streak on the black end zone turf that could have been made by the dragging of Turner's foot. From that angle, it appeared to be a touchdown.

But on the final shot -- the one from behind the line of scrimmage and the one closest to the point of view of the side judge, it showed Turner's little toe didn't get all the way down to the ground.

11. T2

you didnt get to watch all 6 angles..

12. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Great win for UM, game was wayyyy too close for comfort, but I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss.

13. NDCOLTS1979

Dont matter to me proves iowa doesnt deserve any shot at the bcs national championship. Also with illinois beating michigan that has to hurt the big ten. As an illini fan i cant believe illinois actually won the game. Stanzi is a joke at qb and cant wait till they lose to northwestern and ohio st.

14. NDCOLTS1979

Alot of it may have to do with my hatred towards iowa :)

15. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Go Ducks!!! Gettin it Done.... 47-20!!

16. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Congrats buddy. Very impressive win.

17. NDCOLTS1979

Idc as long as the ducks never jump over Boise St in the bcs but glad to see usc lose again

18. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

If Oregon wins out, im pretty sure they will jump Boise and TCU.....

I mean... come on, look at both Boise and TCU's schedule. San Jose State??? SMU??

I know Boise beat Oregon on a bad night.... but look at what Oregon's done since against GOOD teams. We have played 4 top 20 Teams, and we have beat 3. We still have a top 20 team left in Arizona.... If we beat them, we will be 4/5 vs Top 20 Teams and as long as we don't have a fluke game, we will take the Pac 10 title.

19. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The way Oregon played tonight, if they hadn't laid an egg against Boise, they could have been the #1 team right now.

20. NDCOLTS1979

It still shouldnt matter if the system is correct. How can a team jump someone who they beat. Bad night for oregon because maybe Boise St. is that good. Just saying that the bcs is a joke and this could make it a joke if it does happen. Not saying that Boise St is great but i think they have earned their shot at proving they are great. I Guarantee lets say oregon and alabama play for the national title. Oregon wins Boise St as #3 team wins their bowl game there will be a split national title. Boise already beat Oregon So it will be a tainted title and things will get ugly

21. T2

oh ya nd man im not tryin to throw trash in your face lol sorry im a little blitzed. my coach played at iowa and some im kinda in doctrine into their stuff. but i do officiate football and basketball and i m not trying to rectify anything but i just want to say that you cant blame the officals. iowa may not have won spectacluraly but they have one.. and as to Ore.. they lost to boise.. so BSU should get a nod before them. and if it matters IA vs IN is there largest win.

22. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The way ABC during the game and ESPN after the game was talking if Oregon keeps winning the happiest team is Boise because Oregon winning helps Boise's cause since Boise beat Oregon.

Honestly, I think Boise has an easier time getting in a BCS game this year than TCU. Boise has the easier schedule but Idaho could be a bump for them.

That being said if TCU beats Utah coming up soon, I think they would be about even.

23. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Ok, I don't dislike Oregon or anything but they lost to Boise State, there is no way in hell they should jump them. That is the beauty of CFB. Each week is a battle and sometimes a playoff game. You lose, that is your fault. You have a bad night, that is your fault. Should have prepared harder or not overlooked them Broncos.

On a side note, Oregon had been getting on my nerves a little with all those damn different jerseys lol. Some reason though, they have been growing on me.

24. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

If they would have a more respectable schedule then we wouldn't be having this discussion. You don't win a national title (or get a shot at one) by beating one top25 team and then beating up on 4th tier teams.

25. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Exactly.

People also have to remember the voters can only do so much.... the system is ran by computers.... and when it comes down to strength of schedule at the end of the season, the Broncos and Horned Frogs are going to look really bad.