Handling the Second Half

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK guys,

We're now about four months and change away from the next release of the game. This is the time when leagues fall apart. I'm pretty confident that we are not going to suffer this fate ... but there are signs we should probably pay some attention to:
    1. Activity is slowing down.
    2. Required posts are beginning to slack.
    But there are some good things happening as well:
    1. We're playing at a fast pace.
    2. We're not complaining about each other = We're playing sim.
    So, there is some good, and there is some bad. I'd like to keep as much of this group together as we can, so let's try to tighten up where we're slacking, but without getting all pushy about it. We made things as easy as they are precisely so we wouldn't suffer the kind of drop I'm starting to see. As for the gameplay - keep up the good work, listen to each other, and have a good time. After all, that's what we're here for.

I'd say we're well ahead of the curve, but that doesn't mean we can't do a little better. That sound about right to you guys?

2. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

For sure. Still trying to schedule my game vs FSU.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm having a hard time posting game recaps, as I usually do this at work but my work computer and internet has become a big steaming pile of crap. I'm going to be cutting down my number of leagues soon so that I can invest more time after work to post here.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Sounds good to me...

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Sorry, I've been slacking on the post game reports against the cupcakes at the back of my schedule.

6. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I've been slacking, I will Pick it up

7. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Same here- slacking....and travelling, but I am still very into this OD. One suggestion: I know everyone loves the user-games, but a slower pace hurts activity/interest, and user games tend to slow down the advance - Do we want to keep the user games to a minimum (mostly in-conference) to keep things moving?

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think in-conference games are probably enough, but three is a decent number, and it gives us the separation we need. What if we tried to schedule user games in the same weeks (as much as possible, at least) so the extended waits happen less frequently. I'm pretty sure we could schedule a week 1 for everybody, and then just do the conference thing. Just an idea.

9. TD351

TD351 Walk On

That is a good idea-

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

The one thing we need to keep in mind is that if we go to a conference only set up some of us won't play as many user games as others because of the imbalanced schedule. Then when someone who played 2 user games makes the big game he will have to kinda feel like he shorted the system. Plus with Notre Dame how do we handle them not having a conference? I think we need to keep it at 3 games.

11. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I agree, we can add user games if needed, and 3 is a good number- I had 3 user games in conf this season +1 out of conf

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I will end up playing 4 this year as well. Iowa, Alabama, Florida, and now Tennessee. I know your pain, each game is huge in the big scheme of things.

13. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'd like to see a few more "shoot the crap" posts. I'm often at work and/or not near my PS3, so I'm not aware of the recent league occurrences, but it'd still be cool to talk it up a bit. I'll try to facilitate this myself as well ...