Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

My absolute favorite holiday - just wanted to wish everyone all the best.

In addition, wanted to keep everyone in the loop. My plan was to have RFA open at this time but we've hit a snag once again - due to the fact that we re-used our already open XFN league to start the new file, the contracts did not increment properly when we advanced to this stage.

I'm waiting to hear from Emmdotfrisk and Vince (the owner of XFN) to see if they can fix things. Essentially, players who are supposed to have expired contracts, don't. They still have an additional year left, as does every other player.

I suppose that one work around might be that we just continue anyway and let the contracts work themselves out next season. The issue there being we still need to get at 48 players before the draft.

As you can imagine this delays things for us, but still owners can begin to look at how they are going to re-sign players, which players they will drop etc.

I'll try to keep everyone in the loop.

2. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

This will create major problems as I see it. If there is no expiring contacts how can we free up enough cap space to sign draft pics and free agents. Especialy for a team like mine that has limited players that I can cut and have very little cap space. That will give teams with alot of cap space a way bigger advantage. Players that have double + progression will now cost even more to resign and players that have double - progression will now be stuck on my team for another season. I will be stuck with dead weight players that are taking cap space and will now be stuck on my team for another season, Players like Kiwanuka and Jacobs.

3. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Since we've now got time...why not just start a new XFN file??

4. Keller

My suggestion to a team like yours is to start firing up trade offers. Even if you aren't getting what you think is fair value, you are getting cap space back.

5. Keller

Thats up to Emmdot and I'm guessing he's busy today.

6. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

but if i have to do that then i am playing with even a lesser team than what I should be. I may just switch teams depending where we stand after you decide what we are going with.

7. Keller

You're more than welcome to switch but don't think that just because you have talent on your team that you're, or anyone is, entitled to their team being that talented. Don't take that the wrong way - its just that what I am saying is the salary cap is there for a reason.

8. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I understand, but what I am saying is if we have to run season 2 with the same season 1 contracts that its going to make it hard for me to run the Giants. with there cap issues

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

why not just start a new file? makes the most sense? how long does take?

10. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Emmdotfrisk