1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Randiesel75, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Guys,

It's been a real pleasure to spend time with you here through TSO. I am really looking forward to the future and building on the new and existing relationships we have here in TLY.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy the time with your family.

Randy

2. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

Thanks Randiesel75 I'll echo your sentiments, it has been a fun season and I hope every one has a good and safe thanksgiving. The turkeys already in the smoker for me.

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Man, I never had a turkey that way. Any good as compared to roasting all day in a conventional oven?

4. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

I've smoked chickens and they're great, but this is the first time for a turkey. With the chicken, which I would believe to be close to a turkey done the same way, are perfect. The skins not as crispy as oven cooked, but super tender and a good smoke flavor. I also baste it with apple juice and oil every hour.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I do turkey breasts all the time, once you smoke you'll never go back (or something like that)

6. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Agreed about the smoked turkeys, lot more moist.