Hard Knocks-Bill Polin

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Rhight, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

Every team has questions that need answers through the course of the NFL season. Here I will bring them questions to light and give my outside, no prejudice predictions. Each day I will do a division breakdown leading to my playoff predictions giving my preseason pick to be Hard Knock champion!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

Up first is the AFC SOUTH. A lot of questions in this division so let's get started.
    Jacksonville Jaguars- When will we see Blake Bortles? A lot of talent, if they can stay on the field, at wr so the biggest question is do they have the right man to throw them the ball? I expect the defense to be solid, so if the offense can mustard up much of anything I expect a surprise here. This is my sleeper pick! Projection 10-6

Tennessee Titans- maybe the team with the most questions in the NFL. It's time to see if Jake Locker is the man, or if the Titans need to look elsewhere for their franchise QB. Who does the offense flow through with no CJ28? I expect an early draft pick come April. Prediction 4-12

Houston Texans- How far can the defense carry this club? How much will passing over Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, and Carr affect this team? I say alot. A year and a QB away from competing for a division crown. Projection 5-11

Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck answered alot of questions last year. What questions will Trent Richardson answer this year? With a full off-season and training camp in Indy it's time to deliver. The offense will score, how well the defense plays will give us an indication of how far this team will go. Projection 11-5 AFC SOUTH CHAMPS

Up next the NFC SOUTH. A very talented division.

Atlanta Falcons- Can this team avoid the injury bug this year? Will Matt Ryan regain his 2012 form with a healthy Julio Jones and Roddy White? Can DC turn this team back into a contender? My guess is no, not until he rebuilds that Atlanta defense. Projection 7-9

Tampa Bay Buccaneers- The biggest question in Tampa is who does Jmustang1968 go with to lead this team at QB? Doug Martin is a beast, but we all know Jm likes to pit the ball in the air. If he makes the right choice at QB, this team can surprise everyone all the way into the playoffs. If not a top ten pick is likely. Projection 9-7

Carolina Panthers- Cam Newton looks to build on an impressive 2013 campaign that saw him turn the panthers into contenders. He will have to find new weapons to help him, but with that defense they will be in every game. If Blaza can find a few playmakers outside of Cam, a sb is not out of the question. Projection 10-6

New Orleans Saints- Drew Brees! Points will come in bunches. How will the additions on defense help that unit? If they slow teams down, then Brees will do the rest for NeuroticTruth and keep them in contention. Projection 11-5 NFC SOUTH CHAMPS

Today it's the NFC EAST

Washington Redskins- Can HotRod help RGIII return to his rookie of the year form? What difference does adding playmaker DeSean Jackson have on this offense? This is the team that may have me looking like a fool, but I think too many personalities on this team with a first year coach. Projection 5-11

New York Giants- Ehmo Van has a difficult job ahead of him. Task #1 keep Eli from throwing so many ints. If more discipline is forced on the defense and they find a HB this team may break .500, but I don't see Eli making that happen. Projection 6-10

Dallas Cowboys- BobJr has to make many moves with this defense. If they can stop anyone Romo will have that offense putting up points. I just think a few GM moves are needed to correct that defense. Once that happens this team will be a contender. Projection 8-8

Philadelphia Eagles- Was last years Nick Foles a fluke? With uagrad90 controlling this offense I think Foles will show it wasnt. LeSean McCoy will do his thing and try to show he is the #1 HB in the league. Which I feel will happen. A sb may be in order for this team. Projection 12-4 NFC EAST CHAMPS

AFC EAST

Miami Dolphins- What production will Tannehill give this team at QB? Will Lamar Miller become a bigger threat as thirdalarm will give him many opportunities. Can Mike Wallace earn at least half of the money he is being paid? I see too many questions for many wins in year 1. Projection 4-12

Buffalo Bills- BG has a team that compliments his style of play very well. The defense should be good, and if the EJ Manuel and Sammy Watkins live up to their first round talent Buffalo has a chance. Projection 7-9

New York Jets- Mike Vick or Geno Smith to start for Mogriffjr? Will any skill position player step up? Rex Ryans defense will have them in each game but depending on who emerges on offense dictates this teams fate. Projection 8-8

New England Patriots- only question is who does Brady make his go to man this year? My guess is that @gtg will use Gronk early and often. Revis is back in this division and looks to help this defense win the AFC. And if this defense plays well I'd expect a super bowl. Projection 12-4 AFC EAST CHAMPS

NFC NORTH

Minnesota Vikings- The Teddy Bridgewater watch will be on. How long till this is his team? AP will do his thing, we all know that. I just don't see much help for him. May be a long season for controllerabuser in this tough division. Projection 4-12

Detroit Lions- How great will this d-line be? The offense will score and everything will be on how many points the defense allows. Going forward Shaun Mason has some big decisions involving the top high paid players on this roster. So winning needs to happen now. Projection 8-8

Chicago Bears- This team fits _MG_ style of play dead on. Matt Forte may have a mvp caliber season. And who can cover that WR duo? MG will have this defense turned around, and aspirations for a super bowl will follow. Projection 10-6

Green Bay Packers- Can Aaron Rodgers stay healthy? If he does the wins will come in bunches. The defense is old and built to win now, which I think Cole Copeland will have them doing. Projection 11-5 NFC NORTH CHAMPS

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals- Andy Dalton is in a contract year, can he prove he is worth big money? They have elite skill position players and some talent on defense. If thebouncer24 can shut people down with the defense they may win the division. But a year or two away is more likely. Projection 5-11

Baltimore Ravens- Ray Rice and Joe Flacco are a solid one-two punch. But are they an elite duo? The defense always seems to be solid in Baltimore, so everything hinges on that a fore mentioned duo for JerzeyReign to make a move for the division crown. Projection 8-8

Cleveland Browns- When will we see Johnny Football? Manziel, Moorehouse, and Gordon may be exactly what Cleveland has been waiting on. They have a shutdown corner in Joe Haden, but how much will losing TJ Ward affect this secondary? If that trio grows up quick Ryty and Cleveland, yes Cleveland will be in the playoff hunt.

Pittsburgh Steelers- bigtubb_ and Big Ben will have the Steel city in the hunt every year. Both are winners. Laveon Bell is that prototypical Pittsburgh power running back. Between his ground and power running and this defense Pittsburgh will get into the playoffs. Projection 10-6 AFC NORTH CHAMPS

NFC WEST

Seattle Seahawks- Can Danthraxxx keep Seattle from losing their desire? The only question with this loaded roster is do they have the fire still. The talent is there that's for sure. Let's hope they don't feel entitled. Projection 8-8

Arizona Cardinals- smlVICTORIES53 inherits a team that made a run last year. Can they take that next step and make the playoffs this year? If Carson Palmer can keep the turnovers to a minimum then the defense will get them there. Projection 9-7

St. Louis Rams- Zikry will have to decide if Sam Bradford is the franchise QB. And a playoff push must happen for Bradford. The dline is maybe the NFL's best. And Bradford has weapons, its now or never for him and the Rams. Projection 9-7

San Francisco 49ers- xxkimura has a loaded roster who looks to finally hold that Lombardi trophy this century. Kaep has finally been paid, so what does he do now? The linebackers are too good it's not fair. Only question is will the be the #1 seed. Projection 12-4 NFC WEST CHAMPS

AFC WEST

Kansas City Chiefs- can thegman2.0 keep the success going from an overachieving 2013? I think the weaknesses of this team will show more this year, as I doubt they face that many back-up QB's. But I tell ya, with Jamal Charles they are in every game. Projection 6-10

Oakland Raiders- It will take Coach_III a few seasons to add talent and develop Derek Carr. Accounting to Coach it will be Carr out of the gate. How will being thrown into the fire work out for the 2nd Carr? I'd say not much better than the first, at least in year one. Projection 7-9

San Diego Chargers- Phillip Rivers will put up big numbers in broth262 pass happy offense. If they find the balance I believe this team could make a late post season run. If not expect Rivers to lead them to a wild card berth. Projection 10-6

Denver Broncos- cadepetty247 has everything needed to win the sb year one. Peyton Manning, that sums up the offense. Biggest thing to watch is the tandem of DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller. They hold the keys to just how great this team will be. Projection 13-3 AFC WEST CHAMPS

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 10
  3. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

Nice writeup rhight, cool that you are staying active until your number is called.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

NFC South is up

• Like Like x 1
  5. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

5-11 wow guess I have to play hard

• Like Like x 1
  6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Love the read Rhight. Great stuff.

7. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

NFC EAST is up

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

AFC EAST is up

9. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

NFC NORTH is up

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    8-8 is actually quite right with how i play in madden...:(

11. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

AFC NORTH is up

• Like Like x 2
  12. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Lies! i've heard you were good!

I DO NOT want to be the favorite in the division.

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nice predictions Rhight! Still think Cincy is gonna sneak off with the division year one - mainly because I played with them in M25 and they are pretty damn good.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

NFC WEST is up

16. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

AFC WEST IS UP

17. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

I take the 6 wins prediction (y)

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

8-8 ?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

That was a really great write up....... but I am betting you have never played HotRod in a football game...... If he goes 5-11 it's because he was on auto all season

20. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Will take 9-7 for first season in this division.

21. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

5-11...guess I don't have to live up to any hype

22. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

Who am I to defy this? 12-4, book it fellas.