Hard Knocks League Discussion: Way to Sim

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by BobJr, Dec 11, 2013.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Guys,

After the extensive poll, it looks as though we will be Simming year 2, and every other year after that. We need to start discussing what is the best way to sim. Some of the ideas that have been floated so far...

1. Sim all the way through only stopping at week 1 to set rosters, and week 17 to fire coaches. Playoffs Simmed as well
    2. See above, but playing playoffs
    3. Stopping at Week 1, Week 8, and Week 17 for roster management
    4. Stopping at Week 1, Week 8, and Week 17 for roster managment and playing the games during those weeks
    5. Stopping at Weeks 1, 4, 8, 12, 17 for roster management.
    6. Stopping at Weeks 1, 4, 8, 12, 17 for roster management and playing the games during those weeks.

Put your thinking caps on fellas, the best two will go down to a poll.
    Coach_III
    Ryty
    Rhight
    smace767
    Jmustang1968
    Cimmy24
    thirdalarm
    Cole Copeland
    _MG_
    bigtubb_
    controllerabuser
    cadepetty247
    uagrad90
    thebouncer24
    JerzeyReign
    CTfromDC
    PepperNY
    BobJr
    G_T_G
    BG
    wayers50
    Blackattack87
    Emmdotfrisk
    pitt4life21
    fuzzyl0gic
    capp34
    xxkimura
    Hitmhrd72
    bandit3324
    CHUNKNESS
    KNICKSFAN_84
    DC

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

No sim playoffs. Im not sure on the others just yet

• Like Like x 1
  3. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I like option 1 but with a mid season stop to do trade deadline moves.

4. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

1. Sim all the way through only stopping at week 1 to set rosters, and week 17 to fire coaches. Playoffs Simmed as well

I'd gol this way

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Keep it simple. Option one.

6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

3. Stopping at Week 1, Week 8, and Week 17 for roster management

7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Option 3

8. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Number one.. everything else is a FAIL

• Like Like x 1
  10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I like option 3. I'd like for all of us to have control of our teams somewhat.

Week 1- Roster Management
    Week 8- Trading Period
    Week 17- Staff Signings

I want us to play the playoffs as well. At least we can have a real Champion. Shouldn't take more than 3 days. A sim SuperBowl Champ=FAIL!!!

11. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

12. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Speed

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

14. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

I vote option 3

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Sim playoffs but I like stops along the way for roster adjustment only. No point in just playing a few games.

I also think we should sim every 3rd season.

• Like Like x 1
  16. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I like this idea better

17. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Option two-
    I still dont know what the issue is with the playoffs

-12 teams will make the playoffs. user playoff games are about as fun of a game that you can play and people dont want to do it? the playoffs can be played in 5 days.
    -Most everyone here at tradition is too hardcore to say i didnt make the playoffs, i dont have a game, i quit. its 5 extra days every 2 months.

-a superbowl is still earned. Guys might not like putting the playoffs spots to chance but you still have to earn the superbowl. the superbowl winner would have to win 3-4 games. why give away the title when guys could play maybe the most competitive games of the season.

making it to conf champ and superbowl are xp bonuses why give that away or should i say let the sim engine decide that. no matter how guys feel about how they got to the playoffs, someone would have to win games, at least 3 to win the superbowl.

it doesnt have to be all or nothing. If i dont play the season then i dont want to play. That makes no sense when we are here to play games.

Im in a league that runs it this way. We had the same beefs but, if we had a vote today in that league it would be a landslide in favor of sim and play playoffs vs straight sim.

That dont matter here. This is a different group of guys. Even though it seems like im all in for playing the playoffs i really dont care which way it goes. really i dont. Its an Infantry thing. if its straight sim its straight sim and im not quitting crying or complaining. What ever is decided its over for me at that point. I just tend to lay my thoughts out there.

My opinion and i respect all others opinions. i just try to see the logic in some of the other opinions.
    I dont see the issue in playing a mini tournament, the playoffs with a competitive group with high stakes no matter how i get in the tournament. Even if its not me it would still be something to watch on twitch.

18. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I understand where you are coming from with this. My only gripe about it is that the point of simming seasons would be to get more seasons in. If we stopped to play games then what's the point of simming? Guys that don't make it will have to suffer through long waits for no reason.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DC

DC Shake n Bake

This

If you manage your team correctly you will win during the playoffs. Why add user skill to a season where are GM moves are what matters?

My .02 BobJr

Oh and option 1...and maybe a stop at 8 if trades are made?

20. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

21. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

I would vote for a sim every 3rd season if it is in play, ignore this if not.

22. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Not that I support playing the playoffs or not...

But look how quickly we burn through playoffs during a regular season. It's not like the playoffa take a month...

There will still be more seasons. Playoffs would just take a few days to complete tops. With a simmed season, it would also be much easier to set a hard deadline of 24 hours per round and simming those that arent played. Little remorse.

• Like Like x 1
  23. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

I like option 3 which is the modified option 1 if you look. Stop weeks 1,8,17 for rosters everything else including the playoffs are simmed.

• Like Like x 1
  24. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I would not have a problem with this

25. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I think we need to have stops in the season sim, so we can keep some "skill" involved in these sims such as free agent signings, trades, scouting for the draft, distributing XP, and depth chart changes due to injuries or lack of productivity.

I don't like how long it may take, but I thought you guys wanted a more GM-like mode?!!!!!! This is the only way to keep it like that. How much skill is involved in just simming straight through? That just feels like a dead season.

• Like Like x 1