Hard Knocks: LSU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Apr 16, 2010.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Hard Knocks: LSU

For the upcoming season, HBO has decided to do a documentary on the week to week dealings of the LSU Tigers. Each week the HBO crew will go behind the scenes and dealings of the daily situations LSU players find themselves in before the big games during the season.

Some topics during the year will include...

• - Mike Pennington... Heisman QB and ladies man on campus?
    • - The running back carousel and the behind the scenes look at what each player is thinking during the competition throughout the year
    • - The progression of a new defensive line replacing 2 all americans
    • - Other intricacies and shenanigans that go on behind the scenes.

The first episode should happen tomorrow afternoon at around 5-6pm detailing the feelings before the big opening game vs tOSU and Jfunk.

2. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

ent idea shadow! Can't wait to see what becomes of this.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

this should be interesting....

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great idea shadow, should be fun reading.

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Should be a great read throughout the season. Can't wait to see the first write up about the tigers

6. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The first edition of hard knocks focuses on the expectations and trials that LSU coach shadow has seen and gone through in the past few years on the chase for a national title. Also, we speak to Mike Pennington about life as the LSU QB and how campus life is treating him.

When asked about the history of the program with him at the helm, coach shadow was more then open with the subject.

"Throughout my time here i've seen many different things happen that i've never seen in other dynasties. We've seem to catch the short end of the stick on a few plays that could just as easily have given us perhaps 2 national titles. The game with Ole Miss when jjloyd was coach comes to mind. With a 7 point lead and 30 secons to go with the ball, victory was seemingly ours. We ran right and micheal ford fumbled which resulted in the tying td. We went on to lose that game. Then in the NC title game against Ole Miss we went into overtime, got the first 7 points and then gave up a pivital fourth down conversion which we ended up losing. I firmly believe that we got better with every one of these losses. Our defensive schemes have improved and the way we get after the QB has drastically improved since our last loss vs Florida in week 6 last season. The group of kids we have now go to practice everyday with the feeling that we have to win a national title this year to vindicate all those great teams we've had in the past. It pains me to think that the all time ncaa sack leader sam montgomery left LSU without raising that crystal ball at least once. This year we'll be aggressive and sure of the decisions we make... and with pennington at the helm we will be in any game till the end."

When asked about his thoughts on the upcoming tOSU game, here is what coach had to say.

" Whenever we play jfunk or g-unit there's an extra meaning to that game. It's much more fun going on the radio show after a win then it is a loss especially with the way i like to trash talk. The game at the shoe last year was something that we remembered throughout the year and actually changed the way we cover third downs. When you give up over 10 third down conversions then you know you are most certainly doing something wrong in the scheme. I've been waiting a long time for this day and we hope to give them hell in death valley."

We later went and caught up to Pennington after practice and got his thoughts on campus life.

"It's incredible really... when coach visited me in my hometown of seaside california i was told that i'd be in the biggest games and competing for NC's each year. So far that has held very true. When i got here i was known to scouts but the student body really couldn't care less, and i didn't blame them. How things have changed in a year. I've heard that I was leading the heisman race going into this season and apparently everyone else has as well. It's an experience just walking down the hallways here... i've even had a guy offer his girlfriend up as tribute to me. How crazy is that? I'm really enjoying it here but I feel i can't rest until I get that crystal ball for this team. So much heartbreak over the years has been endured at this school... it's my mission to right that ship. You will never see a guy work harder then I will. The buckeyes need to watch out, because i remember last season just as well as anybody."

7. Iron Mickey

This is what OSU is going to do to LSU & Pennington in 2015.....

[​IMG]

8. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Oh shadow never a dull moment. The Buckeyes are definitely on a rebuilding year so hopefully we can catch a few breaks.

9. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I try to keep the emotional tempo of the dynasty going you know?

10. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

We didn't catch any breaks. Even that BS pass interference call I got didn't pay off for me. FML.

11. MisterTIDE51

MisterTIDE51 Walk On

Great write up shadow.

12. runthepound

did the filming crew get fired?

13. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The updates will normally be before/after the big games. I hear there will be an update tomorrow on the post game of the Ohio State game.

14. Iron Mickey

bahahaha....

I just laughed my fucking ass off when I read this

15. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I really like this thread, great work Shadow, looking forward to reading more in the future

16. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The crew was on the scene at the LSU vs tOSU game where it was pandemonium. The feeling around campus was one that hasn't been felt in years after the 28-0 win. When interviewing coach Shadow, he said that there was a feeling of optimism and dominance that wasn't there since the first time we got to the NC game. The party exteneded into the locker room where there wasn't a face that wasn't smiling. During the celebration we interviewed Mike Pennington, star QB who had a heisman performance in the game.

Mike: "I've dreamed of moments like this since i signed here at LSU and i've finally made it happen. These fans are starving for a winner and nothing would make me more proud then to deliver it. Tonight the first half was cagey for sure... nerves were running and the 7-0 score at the half reflected that. The defense played phenomenal and kept us in it. In the locker room at the half i huddled the guys up and looked into their eyes. I said that if we wanted to make history, it'd start with this second half. I didn't care about making mistakes, instead i just attacked any hole i saw. We ended up getting 21 points off of that in the second half which set off the wild celebrations you see here. This is a night i'll remember for awhile"

The crew wasn't able to make it to some of the parties on campus that night but heard disturbances everywhere. One thing was for sure, no one was sleeping this night.

Talking to Albert Gray, star receiver and hieisman hopeful... he had this to say.
    Gray: "This is crazy man... i stepped out on that field in the second half basically tellin mike to throw me the damn ball. With my speed i feel i can outrun any corner to that ball and that's exactly what i did. Coach told me freshman year that winners stay aggressive and keep the opponents on their heels... that's what my motto was the entire game."

Brent Stovall, all american safety chimed in as well no the defensive performance.
    Stovall: "Being there last year at the shoe and watching that game slip away was something we never forgot on this unit. Our mission tonight was to stop third downs and get pressure.... and we did both. Credit to both freshman ends for stepping up and making their qb move the whole night. We told the youngsters that if they could generate some movement in the backfield... we'd take care of the rest. That's exactly what happened."

17. Iron Mickey

Insightful stuff.

But Albert Gray didnt get behind that OSU Corner. The corner let the interception go through his out-stretched hands. That looked to be a sure pick at first.

18. runthepound

Another nice write up shadow! A great, fun read. I knew all it was gonna take was lighting a fire to get one of these puppies pumped out.

19. Iron Mickey

I am getting pumped just by reading that your getting pumped!!!

whew!!

[​IMG]

20. runthepound

I never said I was pumped or getting pumped. I just thought it was a cool addition and a good read. Very creative on Shadow's part.

But I am pumped about all the opportunities you have found recently to use all of these new gifs you have found.

21. Iron Mickey

I know....lol....It's so awesome!!

22. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

After the 28-30 loss to florida, we caught up with the coach of LSU who put in his thoughts on the encounter. "you can't win if you don't get stops, when we lost the coin toss this was pretty much guaranteed. We did what we wanted to do for the majority of the game but no one on the defense could make a play. It's not what i expect of this secondary... dropping picks and not recovering the two fumbles we had a chance on. There's nothing we could do here, sometimes you just lose and when you play florida twice in a year it's hard to come out of that undefeated. We think that if we meet again in the sec title game it'll be a different story."

Mike Pennington's thoughts on the game: "I played alright... normally that was enough to win the game but we had to be perfect here and i missed on 2 easy 3rd quarter passes that brought up 4th downs. We played tough though and normally those are wins... but in this game you need a break or two as well. We'll re-focus and get back on it for the rest of the season and hopefully the SEC title game. Thanks guys."

A familiar feeling here in baton rouge Louisiana for the tigers, after losing another tight encounter with Florida. The mood was a silent one in the locker room, with team captains looking to pick up the other players and remind them that the race for the national title and sec title is still well within grasp.