Hard Knocks Owner Meetings

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by BobJr, Jan 13, 2014.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Owner Meetings

[​IMG]

Welcome Gentlemen, we here at the Hard Knocks front offices would like to commend and congratulate all the owners for a superb job this weekend. This was a first time for all of us, and to do it in one weekend was tremendous. Pat yourselves on the back. Overall, it was successful because of the amount of roster moves and cap situations we ran into. We personally wanted to get this season started by asking generic questions so we can better understand things going forward. Your answers will be taken into consideration as we move forward. We wish all of you the best this season. I know for one I am proud to be your commissioner, and glad to have you all in the league.

1. How was your offseason experience?
    2. How was the sim experience to you?
    3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks?

Ryty
    smace767
    Jmustang1968
    Cimmy24
    thirdalarm
    Cole Copeland
    _MG_
    bigtubb_
    controllerabuser
    cadepetty247
    uagrad90
    thebouncer24
    Zikry
    CTfromDC
    Ehmo Van
    BobJr
    G_T_G
    BG
    wayers50
    Blackattack87
    Emmdotfrisk
    pitt4life21
    Spayer419
    Rhight
    capp34
    xxkimura
    Hitmhrd72
    bandit3324
    DC
    Coach_III
    KNICKSFAN_84

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

1. How was your offseason experience? I thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone got time to take a small break and relax, play other games they have not touched since PS4 dropped because Madden is really that good on next gen.. We all got to be more like a real life GM and make the tough decisions that we normally would not have to if we did not sim. We got to spend a lot of time in GroupMe chat just messing around and having laughs. So, overall I had a great time.

2. How was the sim experience to you? I basically said it all in the first question. Fantastic. Would vote to do it again in a heartbeat.

3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? We had a small bump in the road with me and the Hali release ordeal. I stated what happened in the chat, but it opened our eyes to the rule that you (Bob) stated.. Having to release a guy and him being in the FA pool from the very start so everyone knows he is available. Other than that, I think everything went very smoothly.

3. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

1. How was your offseason experience? For The Oakland Raiders this was a fun experience. I felt like it got us into real ownership mode, as in the NFL you have to win now but prepare for the future and the legacy of your franchise. Oakland was a team that had lots of money to deal with for the first time in a decade, so I had to contain myself and be more "Craft" then "Snyder" if you know what I mean.

2. How was the sim experience to you? I didn't expect my team to blow the NFL out of the water right from the start so I expected to be the Raiders in a rebuild mode. But now I feel like I have a product on the field that can compete with anyone as I have my finger prints all over this franchise.

3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? If we get to a point to where we do one more "sim every other year " mode and we all agree to stop the sim year and just play it out I would agree, but at the same time personally I wouldn't mind staying with it so we can have some separation of stick guys and owner/GM gurus and see how it all plays out.

I am having a blast with this release and I feel like I am evolving into an above average online user with a true sim experience and the site, chat, and overall feel of this only adds to the gaming experience. Game on.

BPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I enjoyed it. It was my first time doing an NFL offseason and it definitely gave me a foundation of understanding with things like the salary cap - as I was oblivious beforehand

I might be in the minority here, but I hope we don't continue to skip seasons. I thought it cheapened that first offseason, as people had no reason to build a winner for the following season. Additionally, it cheapened some of the content that could have been posted. I for one wasn't going to post a draft recap, and get immersed into my new selections, given that I would never get a chance to play with them as rookies.

5. bandit3324

bandit3324 Walk On

went very well and smooth for me. had to tag someone i did not want to, so that handcuffed me.
    i for one, do not like it. i would much rather have played season two, it almost makes me feel like free agents were worthless the first go around. i know thats not true, but to me thats how it felt. i rather have a win loss recored based on me then a cpu.
    would like to see the sim season done away with, but if that won't happen i felt it went as smooth as it could given the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

1. How was your offseason experience? The only part of the offseason that I had any kind of enjoyment in was the second draft when I actually got to participate. This offseason was completely rushed and lacked structure in my honest opinion.

2. How was the sim experience to you? I was then and still am opposed 110% with doing simmed seasons I feel like it takes away from the experience rather than enhance it. You can be a GM legend with your ability to build your team and still win with them physically. I've seen the argument that it gives the guys who aren't as good on the sticks the chance to shine with their team but then again it doesn't because without playing you're not gonna get better on the sticks. (this is coming from a guy who is mediocre at best on the sticks!)

3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? I think the actual rules are just fine but I'd like to see the league stray away from the sim every other season aspect.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

1. I love the offseason, I feel like it's the time where you can really tell what kind of league you are in. Owners spending countless hours tinkering with their depth chart, going back and forth haggling between a 3rd or 4th rounder to deal the one deal you think will put your team over the top, it's always exciting. I personally would have loved to be around for the drafts but I was able to trade away my picks to try and get some pieces in return. It's already been discussed, but a longer offseason particularly between the two drafts would be better IMO.

2. I like simming seasons. In the past you would have guys trade for monster players without ever having to make a decision in the offseason of who to cut, who to sign to that 100 million deal, or who to franchise tag since we would at most get 4/5 seasons played. Now you really do need to take into account things like salaries, or can I really afford trading for this guy knowing that his contract will be up soon. That added aspect where it's not only about how good you are on the sticks is enjoyable to me.

3. Big thing for me would be the teams who cut players only to resign them in the same FA period for a much lower sum. I think if you cut someone you need to wait a certain period or time before entering negotiations with them. I'm not calling out the teams who did this, it's just something that I think should be looked at in the future. Other than that I like that there will be a trade committee now, I know Cimmy24 will tell it like it is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

As an aside,

This was our first experience handling the simmed season and how to structure the time period. We ran into a lot of confusion, changes, and issues regarding the timeframe.

This was a learning experience for everyone involved.

• Like Like x 1
  9. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

1. How was your offseason experience? It was hectic but very very enjoyable. My only suggestion would be to find a happy medium between what was first thinking (1 week for the sim) to what we used (2 days) to something like draft on a Saturday and sim and draft the next season on a Wednesday night. But overall I was very pleased and enjoy it.

2. How was the sim experience to you? I know some don't like the sim but I think it did a good job of creating more movement and forced us to use the GM role more. Even if we twik it some I hope we continue with the idea of simming.

3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? I think we need something in place for drops, maybe they have to be in the FA pool for 1 advance cycle before the team that dropped them can re-sign them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

1. Offseason was a lot of fun. I was glued to the PS4/chat for all of the advances and offseason stages. It was great making some moves and watching everything unfold. The quicker pace enhanced the experience to me as it wasnt overly dragged out.

2. I have always been a fan of doing sims. It doesnt take anything away from the sticks guys as we dont really play less games. The whole simmed season took 1 day, thats it. We will still get the same exact amount of played seasons if we sim or not, we will just be finishing with seasons 8-12 instead of 4-6. Now, people actually have to plan for the future and realize the salary and free agency decisions they make.

3. I think we should take a few more sim pauses along the way in the sim season. This would allow us more practice and to do any roster moves. A few of my starters received some good exp, but a lot of my younger project guys basically lost a year as they received no experience. This format will make it harder to develop these raw players. As I have said, I also wouldnt mind going to a sim every 3rd season, play 2 seasons, then sim format.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

1. How was your offseason experience? I loved every bit of it. Nothing but football all weekend......
    2. How was the sim experience to you? I enjoyed the sim. I was totally against the sim at first thought, but I was wrong about it. I think it makes this league EPIC!
    3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? IDK what we could add that would make HK any better. Maybe practices during sims, but then that means a slower sim season and I don't like that

• Like Like x 1
  12. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

1. How was your offseason experience? Off-Season had no problems really. Just had to work all weekend, but was able to do somethings from the CPU. Just stayed up late to make sure I didn't get screwed. My other league was in off-season too, so that made it a lil hectic, but nothing HK could do.

2. How was the sim experience to you? Sim was cool, I wish I had a chance to play with th team I assembled after the first season, lost some ppl to free-agency but that's football. Skins went the conference championship which help with XP for the players so no complaining form me. Sim season is great for developing the draft picks.

3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? Slower pace sim schedule would be cool. I'm okay with having a two week break after a user controlled season, there are other things to occupy time.

13. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

Shout out to BOB for putting in the work to get this done in one weekend.

1. How was your offseason experience? I liked it, the break wasn't that bad and I feel like my team got improved a lot

2. How was the sim experience to you? It was good, I thought my young players were grow a little more (a lot of them regressed) but that's just one of the things that comes with being a bad team.

14. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

1. How was your offseason experience? Great thought about madden way too much which is good lol.
    2. How was the sim experience to you? It was nice it is nice to see more transactions go on and the great players retire.
    3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? I may like to see sim season go a bit slower so the players that do not play can get more xp maybe do the sim season over 3 days instead of one.

15. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

1. How was your offseason experience? It went smooth for the most part, missed most of Sunday so I can't speak of that. I know Saturday went smooth though. I enjoyed the movement pace.
    2. How was the sim experience to you? I'm completely unsure of what the logistics are on sims. So I can't speak if it wasn't right or whatever, I know there were like 4 ties? 3 maybe. Too damn high lol, don't have time to search for the pic but whatever maybe someone will post it.
    3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? None at this point.

16. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

1. How was your offseason experience? I had fun. As much as I am against change, sometimes it is for the better. I love to draft so that was cool to experience 2 in 1 weekend.
    2. How was the sim experience to you? I'm still a little unsure about it. All in all, I am for keeping this structure although I would like to do 2 seasons and then sim 1. You live and you learn though.
    3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? Nothing

17. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

1. How was your offseason experience? This was my first Madden offseason in years. I enjoyed it alot, except for the back to back aspect. I like the scouting thru the season depending on my needs, and sim takes away from that.
    2. How was the sim experience to you? I am against it, I like earning what i get. I won the NFC south and was the #1 seed in the NFC but i dont feel as though i accomplished anything year two.
    3. What other rules would you like to see possibly instituted into Hard Knocks? I think we need a clear rule on how/when we can cut and then sign are own cut players, other than that im very pleased with all current rules

18. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

It was very fun. Alot of Madden this past weekend lol.

I voted for the sim experience but, if I had another choice, I would rather play all seasons. I was excited about the team I had when we had to sim lol.

Seeing that we are simming, I would like to at least have one preseason game to kinda fill out the team because they become totally different