Hard Knocks Question

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by BobJr, Nov 18, 2013.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

The cowboys plan to build a Defense and a strong running game. I expect to compete for a wildcard birth.

With romo,Dez and witten, I should be able to make a splash on the scoreboard.

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

TEXANS:

Since my only real competition in my division (from a talent standpoint - I will have to see which users join) is Indy, I expect to compete for the AFC South title or a Wild Card spot in the playoffs.

Defensively, since it will be my first time running a 3-4, it will also be an experimental year. If I think I have the personnel to keep on running the system into the future, and I like how my defense is playing, I will go in that direction. If I struggle, I will probably fire Gary Kubiak and go a different route.

Offensively, depending on how the playbook fits my style, I intend to have enough success with the weapons that are present. Foster and Johnson are upper-echeleon players in the NFL. The real question is if they can stay healthy, and which quarterback will be able to manage the offense and not turn the ball over.

Should be an interesting year whether I find success or not.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Man....I am not sure, EA is all over the place with Rams player ratings.

If they correctly rate Bradford to the way he was playing, sometimes I wonder if they know he can throw the ball 65 yds easily when they hand him 87 arm str...and update Zac Stacy the Rams could be tough to deal with on O. The Oline has been really strong as of late.

Some tough luck real injuries and losses in a couple games they should have easily won...Seattle who they dominated everywhere but the score.....that's what happens when Kellen Clemens throws a fourth down pass out of the back of the endzone instead of to the WR running an out who at least had a chance to make a play and Tennessee, who the Rams simply couldnt stop fumbling in the redzone against.....have turned a 6-4 look to 4-6... But the recent destruction of the Colts shows the kind of young talent they really have. They also lost two more games they were right in against Atlanta and Carolina...due to some self inflicted wounds...a huge questionable call on Jake Long on a Tavon Austin 73 yd td pass....and dropped tds in both games by young but talented players.

I have no issues with EA giving some Rams players low awareness due to then being the youngest team in the NFL.....but don't lower overalls by screwing up the real physical gifts they do have.

For some reason on the Defensive side of the ball they continue to underrate both Chris Long and Robert Quinn who may be the best pass rusher in the NFC right now....and one of the top tandems in the league.

If they can somehow get it right for once....the Rams have a 8-8 look to the just due to youth and youth makes mistakes....but the Rams are talented and they are on the come....two more first rounders in the next draft will play a huge role moving forward...so I hope the Skins have a terrible season so the pick is high... ;)

Bottom line if the RB Stacy is rated how he has played...Low to mid 80's the Rams will lean on the running game just like real life.....Let the Dline get after the passer..and we will let our youth and talent get better this season.

Then let the chips fall where they may for the draft next offseason..

• Like Like x 1
  5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    BRUCE80

Thought you were switching

6. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

Oakland - I'm expecting big things, after going 9-7 in the Division of Death AFC West "GS" edition Season 1. Tyrell Pryor era is in full effect, and the run game should stay strong and just like everything else if the big players can stay healthy the Raiders should be playoff bound. A few other things that might help are #1 Peyton gets hit by a bus, #2 If Peyton chokes on a Papa Johns Pizza, #3 If Peyton retires and pursues his rap career.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

The Chiefs will look to Charles early and often. Hopefully, he holds up injury wise. We will look to compete for playoffs and more immediately, with the defense we have, we shouldn't be anything less than a playoff team.

8. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    MIAMI DOLPHINS:

RICHIE INCOGNITO & JONATHAN MARTIN ON THE TRADE BLOCK

• Like Like x 5
  9. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

Pittsburgh-

We will be looking to implement a typical steelers power running game with timely passing and playmaking by Big Ben. That and a hard nose, physical defense should prompt us into the playoffs with a wild card berth.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

_MG_ guess who Incognito would fit in great with?

• Like Like x 1
  11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

nope

12. BG

BG On The Rize!

Well, if you didnt already know, Megatron will get his and if we can get another formidable #2 opposite Calvin, he will break all types of records. Oh yeah, Suh and Fairly will wreck havoc in the 4-3 attacking scheme. Damn, I'm headed to GAMESTOP right now!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    A complete organizational rebuild, except for AP. The stadium isn't great, QBs aren't anything special, and the defense is old. Need I say more? Going to be a rough 2013.

• Like Like x 2
  14. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Saints will be looking to improve the defense and bring in more 34 oriented players. The offense will stand pat for the time being because we have some good young players and veterans that still have a little left in the tank. I also need to look at improving the offensive line especially at tackle so Drew can have better protection and to be more productive in the run game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Browns -

Rebuilding year. I need to find a legit QB. Hopefully, TRich will be a Colt and I will have that additional 1st round pick.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crakajak24

Crakajak24 Walk On

Patriots will be working on Zac Dyzert. I hope we have him ready to rumble for the playoffs. He showed he was not ready. I also hope to fix a few holes in the D

17. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

The Packers are looking to continue to build on their rushing attack and take some of the heat of Rogers. Hopefully between Lacy and Franklin the Pack can find a nice 1-2 punch that will cause the opposition to respect the run. With a solid core of receivers and developing o-line the Packers should be solid on offense. On defense the key will be to Mathews in match-ups were he can take advantage of his speed and quickness. The d-line may need a little tweaking to get it where we need it but overall the defense should keep us in most game.

Overall the Packers are looking to contend for the NFC North Title but it will not be easy with BobJr in Minnesota and BG in Detroit and an un-named owner in Chicago. ​

• Like Like x 2
  18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Philadelphia Eagles

After a rough season last year (4-12), the Philadelphia Eagles come into the 13-14 year searching for improvement. Days of a pass heavy West Coast offense and an attacking 4-3 are now gone and an era of the Option Read running attack and attacking 3-4 will be ushered in. Nick Foles, who replaced Michael Vick as starter surprisingly, will lead the Eagles offense and will be given a long leash as he looks to prove himself in the NFL. With multiple weapons surrounding him to include McCoy, Jackson and Riley Cooper the Eagles' offense seems capable of keeping up with the other talented offenses in the NFC.

On defense, we need to find an identity. With so many potent offenses in the league I'm not even considering this defense to be dominant or even come close. What I do expect is for them to bend but don't break more times than not as I get used to running a 3-4 for the first time ever. As far as individual positions go, everyone will be evaluated weekly based on performance. No long term commitment to anyone as of yet on defense.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Glad to have you back in the mix.

20. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

The Cards looking to shock a lot of people. On offense they will look to seasoned vet Carson Palmer to lead their team to a championship. He will throw to one of the best WR in the game Larry Fitzgerald and a up in coming WR Michael Floyd. They will also have a battle at RB with rookie Andre Ellington and Rashard Mendenhall. I am leaning towards Ellington.

On defense, they will run a 3-4. Stars like Patrick Peterson, Karlos Dansby and Daryl Washington to lead the team on this side of the ball. They will also have to see if Tyrann Mathieu can become a great rookie after coming to the team with some baggage from LSU. If this team looks to beat teams like the 49ers and seahawks this defense will rally have to step up and make some big plays.

21. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

and also be ready for that Brees retirement ;)

22. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

The Patriots will look to win it all.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Empty promises get you fired.

• Like Like x 2
  24. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

The Bills have young inexperienced players at key positions on both sides of the ball. The team will look to be competitive each week. Hopefully, we will shock the world. Look for Robert Woods to have a good season.

25. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

The HK 49ers will hope to make the playoffs, with a supposed better defensive logic in place im hoping my D can actually play to their ratings. The 49er power run will be in effect and i hope to improve on Kaeps passing stats and cut down on his ints. Winning the div seems like an insurmountable task with the best madden player playing with the Seahawks. Hoping for a wildcard tho.

• Like Like x 1