Harry Stone's Hot Stone League - Season 4 Awards, Part III

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Hot Stone League - Season 4 Awards, Part III

[​IMG]

AFC MVP Race

1) Maruice Jones-Drew, HB, Jacksonville Jaguars (2129 rush yds, 375 rec yds, 27 TD)
    We said yesterday that there was no more clearcut race than NFC MVP. We may have been wrong. Maurice Jones-Drew is running into the record books and will likely set OMFL records for rushing yards at overall touchdowns. Furthermore he is doing it when its no secret that every defense knows he is the sole weapon on a beleagured offense. Put 9 guys in the box and it seems he will still find that one hole for positive yardage. Perhaps most amazingly this halfback is accounting for MORE total offense than more than HALF of the leagues quarterbacks. That's astounding. He is overwhelmingly the most important player to his team in the AFC. He is by most opinions the most feared offensive player in the AFC this year. Unless something dramatic happens in the last two weeks, he will be your AFC MVP. . .a feat he also accomplished in Season 1.

2) Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots (241/404, 4270 yds, 34 TD, 30 INT)
    Brady is back with a vengance this year after a couple of down years for him here in the OMFL. Coach Gaddy has made no bones about entrusting his offense completely to Brady, and really is there a better quarterback in this league to do that with? Maybe only one other...but I digress. Brady this year isn't just relying on one target either, spreading the ball out with six receivers with more than 15 receptions on the year, and a spectacular 13 receivers who have caught touchdown passes! There are two things that keep him behind Jones-Drew on this list. First, his 30 interceptions are fourth worst in the OMFL. Secondly his team certainly has more talent than what Jones-Drew does behind him so his the 'V' in MVP might trail a bit behind Jones-Drew, plus his team trails the Jaguars in the AFC standings. Make no doubt about it though, Brady is having a great season and will garner enough votes to make this race competitive.

3) Jerome Harrison, HB, Cleveland Browns (298 car, 1503 rush yds, 17 TD)
    If you are one of us who believe that 'MVP' awards are based mainly on the value you have to your team, then Jerome Harrison is nipping on the heels of MJD for this award. With a sub-par passing attack and a most abbhorent offensive line it's a remarkable feat that Harrison is in this conversation. The former Washington State Cougar leads the league in rushing attemps and is second in the AFC in rushing yards and touchdowns. There is absolutely no chance that the Browns are leading their division and on pace for a playoff spot without Harrison. His team's recent victory over their division rivals, the Cincinnatti Bengals, edges him out over the #4 guy on our list. . .

4) Carson Palmer, QB, Cincinatti Bengals (245/434, 4311 yds, 35 TD, 34 INT)
    A rejuvenated Carson Palmer certainly would be a front runner for comeback player of the year. His steady hand and rocket arm are propelling the Bengals towards the playoffs for the first time in OMFL history. His 4311 yards passing are second only to Kevin Kolb in the league, as are his 35 touchdown passes. The only thing holding Palmer back from being a top notch contender for this award are his 34 interceptions. That figure is worst in the OMFL.

5) Jerod Mayo, LB, New England Patriots (72 tack, 5 sack, 5 int)
    A spot on any MVP list is hard to come by for a defensive player. However year in and year out Mayo proves he is one of the best players in the OMFL. This year is no exception. Couple that with the absense of any further 'quality' offensive MVP candidates and Mayo is likely to garner at least some looks for this award. Mayo ranks second in the OMFL in tackles, but it is his versatility that makes him so dangerous. 5 sacks, 5 interceptions, 12 tackles for loss, 5 pass deflections, 1 forced fumble, 3 fumble recoveries. . .Mayo certainly knows how to fill out the stat book! Mayo may not win the AFC MVP award but he'll be a frontrunner for another award we'll discuss tomorrow. . .​

TOMORROW: DEFENSIVE POY

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Apparently you and nobody else...lol

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm not in the AFC. Plus none of my players are gonna be on the list. However, it IS good work.

:)

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Thanks! :thumbsup: lol

6. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

lol i love it also but i wouldnt take Harrison to be AFC MVP i dont really get shit with him lol Hardesty is my beast

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

It sucks....No Colts players!!!!!!!! j/k

Play better Jeremy,you crybaby.

Nice work. Something about them stones relaxes me.

8. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Nice work Dunlap - great read!

Kyle Orton is the unsung hero of the AFC. Trucking along with the second best QB rating (98.7) and completion % (61%) in the conference as well as leading his team into the playoff hunt with four straight wins. Not saying he belongs in the top 5, but definitely having a good year and a big reason for my recent success.

9. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Good work dunlap but imo bad choices. 2 Patriots should never be on any ballot. Funny how you put your guy #1.

Henne > Brady

Dansby > Mayo

Brown > MJD

see you next january

10. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Damn, i didn't realise just how dominant MJD had been this season. Great work Dunlap.