Harry Stone's Hot Stone League, Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Harry Stone's Hot Stone League, Week 10

OMFL Hot Stone League - Week 10​

[​IMG]

3 HOT

1) NY Giants / SaintsDave: What a difference a change of scenery, or in this case conference makes. After struggling heavily in the mighty AFC, Dave took a great opportunity to take over the G-Men in the traditionally tough NFC East. What he has shown us is that he does know how to win, and he is doing it impressively in the Meadowlands. Dave's defense has been stellar, and like most of the top tier OMFL defenses this year he bases his scheme heavily on man-to-man. He currently has the Giants at 6-2 with a two game lead on defending OMFL Bowl Champ Vishal and his Eagles. Folks, we could be seeing one of the greatest suprises in OMFL History if Dave can hold of Vishal and claim the AFC East Crown.

2) New England Patriots: While alot of the talk has been about the undefeated Jaguars, it shouldn't be a surprise to anybody to see the Patriots at 7-1 and battling the Jags for the #1 overall seed in the AFC. With the turmoil surrounding the Jets and Bills franchises recently it looks like the AFC East has parted in favor of Gaddy's Pats and there isn't anybody there who can catch him this year. He's doing it with balance like usual, with an offense and defense that rank in the top 10 in the league. If the Patriots can stay healthy, and Gaddy can keep his head clear amid all of the 'can't win in the playoffs' talk that is sure to come up, then he will no doubt be one of the favorites to hoist the OMFL Bowl IV Trophy.

3) Chris Johnson: I feel obligated to mention CJ here after the raking I did to him in an earlier artice. All-Pro or not, any back that can put up 400+ yards in one game is a rare talent. A few more outstanding games and CJ may indeed by 2k once again.

3 COLD

1) Disconnects: Holy Replays Batman! Either the entire country had their internet providers kick the dust at the same time, or EA has some massive issues they have yet to address. When we are DCing at a rate of about 1 of every 4 games, there is a huge problem that needs to be fixed. Whether its guys who haven't completed the 'FIX' posted by Mustang, Nate, and others or its new problems, the league better get this figured out of this whole season is going to have one big asterisk by it.

2) Owner Turnover: Whether its un-sim owners, guys who can't handle losing, or people who just have gotten tired of the game or league we are going through owners at a record pace when the NFL Season is in full swing. While the board has taken a new approach to cheese, attitudes, and general un-simness with a quicker trigger finger. . .the owners who are here need to be active and starting help us get some stability going. I will say two big thumbs up to the new team swap rule, which limits guys to one swap per VERSION of Madden, meaning all of the owners that have traded teams this season will be controlling their current teams until Madden 12. That I expect will be nothing but good for the league.

3) AFC South: There is certainly a ton of smack talk always coming from this division (usually from your's truly and Babe the Big Blue Ox), but this traditional powerhouse division isn't living up to expectations. Sure, the Jaguars look like one of the league's best at 9-0, but all three other teams are now under .500, with no easy path the rest of the way for any of them. For those new to the league, the AFC South has never had a team finish with a losing record. Let me say that again. . .this division hasn't had a team finish with a losing record in the 3 season history of the league. With four of the best owners in the league still residing here, we expected that to continue. What a big fat fail this has been. I'm partial, but certainly hoping all the guys turn it around and make some noise in this playoff race!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Nice, I like it, but not looking forward to the next 2 weeks

3. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Good read Dunlap...hopefully the new guys that have come in (myself included) can give the league that much needed stability.

4. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I think we are being a little hypocritical on the "non-sim" guys...It's wrong not to mix it up on offense but for defense its okay?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

No Bates. The rule applies to BOTH sides of the ball equally.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Absolutely. We had this conversation on the OMFL Chat last night. Guys who are calling the same defensive plays over and over certainly need to not do that. If a guy loves to use man to man, then he needs to be using different plays, formations, and blitzes. In my view there is nothing wrong with going nearly exclusively man. That mimmicks a majority of real NFL teams who play exclusively man except for long yardage situations.

However, if we have an owner who is playing Cover 2 press, or the same blitz over and over again he needs to be talked to.

As an example, most guys know I use a good dose of man to man. I always have. However I use nearly every man to man play in my book throughout the game (probably a good 30 or so different plays). I also go zone on long yardage situations. Trying to keep it as sim as possible!

7. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

The problem is that man coverage isn't sim, its overpowered. Its not any of our faults...its EA's fault. All I'm saying is I don't exactly blame someone for throwing to their speedy TE, slot reciever, or RB too much because its on the short list of things that man defense doesn't cover well.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Another thing to use against man coverage (which appears in MANY different formations and looks) are inside crosses, meshes, and delay routes. These routes rub coverage off and get a man open. Granted, it's short yardage, but if you do it in different formations, to different receivers, and mix in run (which with a good line can beat a good blitz if executed properly), you force the defense to change to accomodate your offensive play. If you can dictate the tempo on both sides of the ball, you win. Period.

9. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Leaves you with 32 teams that essentially run the same offense.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

lol....or just forces defenses to play some zone, thereby allowing a moderately successful running game for the offense, which makes for a.....wait for it.....keep waiting.......balanced attack.

Shocking, I know. But it CAN be done!

I do wish the man defense was not as suffocating as it is. But on AP it's completely relaxed. Here at least it's defensed on AM.

My biggest beef right now is blitzaholics. Mixing it up means not to blitz on every down, right? Just wondering.

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Im sorry seth for letting your down in regards to the AFC south comments... But for what its worth, i felt like i clicked on a couple of things against the phins in the lose this week. Forget calling me the toss machine or as nate likes to put it "toss toss strech toss toss toss" Yall can now call me the draw machine, i cant beat a LB running at full speed to the corner anymore, but if i get your LB to stop containing the run on a draw, I can get to the corner and turn it for a 30 yard gain.

Everyone who is struggling needs to go to the lab, put on the O book you like, and hit the field with some Random plays vs. Random plays on AM. If random plays gives you one that you score from 30yds out on first try. Go back to the play call screen and pick that play for offense and then random D again for Defense and get that play down to the T. With random defensive plays, it makes your look for zone/man presnap and forces you to hot route for more blockers when you feel like a blitz is coming. I felt like i got more better in 30 mins of lab work than 10 weeks of OMFL/EASO games.

12. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

OH for the guys who get lucky all the time **cough cough dunlap cough cough** The lab is practice mode.