Harry Stone's Hot Stone League, Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Harry Stone's Hot Stone League, Week 4

OMFL Hot Stone League - Week 4​

[​IMG]

3 HOT

1) OMFL Passing Offenses: The trend of professional football moving towards pass first sytems has taken a giant leap forward this season. Quarterbacks, from Peyton Manning to Vince Young (!) are routinely throwing for 7 bazillion yards per game. At this stage of the season the 'experts' aren't quite sure what to attribute this too. Is it new rules that favor offenses? Is it head coaches who are offensive wizards? Or is it just that defenses haven't adjusted to the new styles of play offenses are showing? Our bet is the latter.

2) 49ers & Jaguars Defenses: We grouped these two stellar units into one, as it goes hand in hand with the offensive outburst we detailed above. These defenses have allowed just 44 and 42 points respectively thus far, ranking #2 and #1 in scoring defense in the league. What they are proving is that successful defensive schemes and systems are still capable this year, even with all of the changes. But more than that they are proving that they may be even better than they've been in the past. Even legendary OMFL Champion Coach Jeremy told reporters, "The 49ers defense is the best I've ever seen." The success of the Jags and 49ers have us wondering how long it's going to take the rest of the league to catch on.

3) St. Louis Rams: These Rams are just slobberknocking the heck out of everybody they are playing right now. That's right, the freaking RAMS! Bringing us back to the good old days of Warner, Faulk and Holt, St. Louis all of the sudden are the prohibitive favorites in the rejuvinated NFC West. Sam Bradford is running away with Rookie of the Year honors, and Steven Jackson continues to show he is still an elite OMFL back. If Coach Bruce can keep his team focuses, we may be in for yet another big time suprise year out of these lowly Rams.

3 COLD

1) David Garrard, QB (Jaguars): The Jaguars have now played four games and Garrard has thrown 8 interceptions to just one touchdown. Furthermore, Garrard is only managing about 130 yards per game through the air. It's really miraculous to think the Jaguars have been so dominant with perhaps the leagues worst quarterback helming the ship. If Garrard doesn't turn thing around quickly he may be shown the exit sometime during the season. One thing is for sure, it will be interesting to watch a rare quarterback controversy involving one of the undefeated teams.

2) Chris Johnson, HB (Titans): Before the season started Johnson and his coach, Coach Ox, stood side by side at a podium and confidently predicted a 2500 yard season and an MVP award this year for Johnson. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Through three games, CJ2k looks more like CJ.5k. He has just 84 yards (28 per game) and not a single rushing touchdown. Let's not kid ourselves, the pressure on Johnson is enormous especially considering he is expected to neoarly carry the Titan offense on his own. However 28 yards per game wouldn't cut it for any back in the league. It's time for Johnson to put up or shut up. His Titans can't afford this slump to last any longer.

3) Minnesota Vikings: They thought this would be the year. With Farve again out of retirement, AP another year mature, and one of the leagues best defenses many prognosticators were punching an OMFL Bowl ticket for the Vikes. Things just haven't lined up that way. Farve is gunslinging but the defense has been atrocious. Last weeks loss to the Lions has seemed to put a dent in the confidence of Coach Tank and his players. 0-3 is a big hole to get out of. The Vikings have the talent to do it, but being winless at this point of the season just won't cut it for a supposed championship contender.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think CJ2K has the rumored Y2K virus. lol

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i would like you to check your sources harry stone... it sounds to me like your getting bad information from some nazi or something, completely propaganda lol. Didnt see anywhere that CJ.5K got injured after 2 or 3 carries in week two and will be back tonight to trash some guy named after the girl in the wonder years tv show....

Also one thing you should add to the hot section is the amount of hb/fb/te dump offs. Just seems to me that we are once again failing into fad of too much flat routes. Comon OMFL, dont pick plays with the sole intention of a 1 step drop and a RB bullet to the flats

4. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

oooooh, sounds like winnie!!!

I agree with Ox about the RB flat passes, Its been done to me alot too, and the blockers are amazing in space, you cant pick a defender thats not getting knocked on his ass most of the time

BUT, If u blitz too much, thats what u have to do to make them pay

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

LOL @ Ox. great write up dunlap

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wow. Looks like Dumervil and the Broncos defense has some material on the bulletin board. Gotta defend the coach. :)

7. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Sucks, last year EA dropped the ball on Dumervil, he was only a 60s player when on a regular online game he was in the 90s ovr

Now he is where he should be

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

just a product of roster updates, i wish there was some way to make the online franny backwards compatible with EASO roster updates, at least for the first season of the franny. Last madden we started weeks before the roster update with vince young getting the start in the NFL and madden jumped him 10+ points in overall... never got him to the OVR that EASO had him a couple weeks after the start of OMFL season 1 week 1.

9. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

yes, it is good, but NOWHERE to what yours was nate. I feel like dunlap used the easy button on this article. For some reason last season, i felt like harry stone was the "must read" article but clearly it goes to "this week in the OMFL" this season.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I see how it is ox

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ox is just sore that he sucks at this game now.