Harry Stone's "Hot Stone League": Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, May 20, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Harry Stone's "Hot Stone League": Week 5

OMFL Hot Stone League - Week 5​

[​IMG]

3 HOT

1) Buffalo Bills: Most of the so called 'experts' in the league, including yours truly, had written off the Bills as cellar dwellars in the AFC. Well no so fast my friends as the Bills circled the wagons and massacred the Dolphins 41-7. 41-7!!!!! That certainly is an eye opener to all of the big boys on their remaining schedule including the Patriots, Jaguars, Raiders, Eagles, Chargers, and Cowboys.

2) Antonio Cromartie, CB (Jaguars): The 'Green Machine' stays on our hot list with the appearance of their star cornerback, who intercepted an OMFL record 4 passes on an amazing 4 straight possessions in a win against the Titans last week. The Jaguars weak link in the past had been their secondary. That appears to have been taken care of in a big way with the offseason aquisition of the elder Cromartie brother.

3) Calvin Johnson, WR (Lions): This physically gifted receiver is now leading the Lions to a charging start out of the gates in Season 3. He leads the league in receiving yards, and is in the top 5 in receptions and touchdowns. He had 161 yards and a touchdown in their big win last week against the Saints. If the Stafford to Johnson connection remains this effective, hell may indeed freeze over and the Lions may head to an OMFL Bowl.

3 COLD

1) Tennessee Titans: Coach Ox is facing some disgruntled fans in Nashville after their second consecutive blowout defeat at the hands of the Jaguars. The reigning AFC South Champions have a ton of talent on both sides of the football, so nobody saw a 1-3 start coming. CJ2K mightbe CJ800 if this pace continues. Johnson needs to get the ball on a more regular basis, especially in the big games. He had just a combined 115 yards with no touchdowns in two games against the Jacksonville this season.

2) New York Giants: Fans could be heard chanting "Dean, Dean, Dean" after another humbling inside division loss by the Giants, making them just 1-3 this season. If new Coach/GM Cimmy is going to make the Giant faithful forget about his recently departed and highly successful predecessor, he is going to have to turn things around in a hurry. In perhaps the toughest division now in the OMFL, there is not too much room for error. Anything less than a 4 or 5 game winning streak now may mean the end of all playoff aspirations for the G-Men.

3) Forum Activity: Word is out that the big wigs inside OMFL headquarters have been rumbling about the recent lack of activity and content distributed by their owners. After making the big announcement last week that the OMFL is moving to Premeir Status at TF (meaning a big website and other advancements for the league) there was a common thought that interest would instantly start to peak as anticipaton for the July relaunch approached. So far that hasn't been the case, and inside sources say league officials are contemplating steps to take to ensure their owners are more active.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Games of the Week

Check back after the advance tonight!

*Harry Stone is a columnist for the Jacksonville Post-Intelligencer and a contributor to the OMFL Blogs*

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

nice write up

GIRLEY HOT!

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

A thug named girley?

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Way to put a bullseye on my back. I'm trying to dig myself out of an 0-2 hole, and now everyone is going to prep for me like they are playing Vishal. Damn. I liked it better being unnoticed.

:D