Has anyone sent their ps3's to be fixed by sony?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by shadowofanubis66, Jan 6, 2010.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Has anyone sent their ps3's to be fixed by sony?

How long does the process normally take? I'm of course outside the warranty period. Bought it off amazon about a year and a few months ago.

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

It depends. It could take anywhere from a week to two weeks. My last one that I had sent in took the full two weeks. It was dreadful.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What's wrong with it? Don't try to fix it yourself. Once its' open they won't touch it. But if its' not I think the price is around 150 to fix outside of the warranty depending on the problem.

I had a first gen 80 gig that survived Iraq with me and then decided to get the YLOD. I fixed it but don't want to sell it to someone and it pops back up with the YLOD because that would be f'd up in my opinion.

Also check Craigslist because I know here in Washington state they have tons of console shops that fix them. They do the same thing Sony would do but sometimes Sony will just send you a different refurbished system. One more thing, never leave a game in the system because you won't get it back most of the time. And anything you want off the system take it off because you may not get the system back.

4. controllerabuser

My experience with Sony, I did. You just have to tell them and when they send you the slip you write it down.

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I'm gonna pay that 150 or w/e... do they send you a "coffin" to put the ps3 in to send back to them or do you just ship it to them?

6. controllerabuser

They send you a box and you bring it to UPS to ship. They have directions in there.

7. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

you cant tell them you want it shipped FedEx..

8. controllerabuser

No, UPS does Sony's stuff. Or at least that is what I thought.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I sent mine to be fixed at VideoGame911.com and got it back fairly quick. Unfortunately it broke again a few days later. I sent it back to them since it had 90 day warrenty on repairs. They claimed the system did not fail because of repairs but damage by UPS. I submit claim to UPS and got a brand new PS3 Slim. Do I think it was really UPS fault? No. Do I care? Hell no, got a free system. I would not recommend the service mentioned above because I do think they didn't fix my system correctly the first time.

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

My brother did and he got his back in about 1 month but it was a whole new system. They couldnt fix it. It may end up being a long process depending on the issues and backload they have

11. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

so i check ups this morning and it says they recieved the system at 8:31 am. Tonight i check sony repair service (the website) and it says the package is already being sent back and i have a tracking number that hasn't updated on ups. I can't believe they repaired it that quickly. Ic ertainly hope they did.

12. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

me too!!!

13. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I got it back today. I have no idea if sony replaced the system, fixed the system, what they fixed on it even... When i tried restoring my profile it told me that it could only restore some things because it was on a different ps3 (perhaps a clue). Of course for some reason i lost all my game saves and profile information. I just hope the ps3 works like it should now.

14. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Me too....Hit me up on AIM later tonite on how it goes.