Hate to Say it, but im out too

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 3, 2009.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Hate to Say it, but im out too

I just cant play this game anymore, ive loved my experience in this league so far but im just sick of this game and its flaws, ive been playing for almost 10 months now ( more than any other game) and its finally ran its course. I dont think im the only one feelin this way since our dynasty is now down to 8 people. I dont see my self ever putting this game back in my xbox lol

I hope i can still have a spot in 2010 but if not i understand, hopefully i can atleast jump in another league next year and work my way up. Its been great though, and i love the way this league is ran.

-Hova

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Oh boy. Here we go.

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I don't really know what to say about this one.

Good luck out there, Hova. I don't the OFFL would be the best place come 2010 (which is a whole 2 months away), but I wish you the best in your next league.

Y'know, I think there's two different groups of people playing this game. Some people see it as a video game. They weigh gameplay strengths and weaknesses, graphics, etc, and of course they'll tire of it eventually. I mean, I stopped playing Fallout3 and Mass Effect, both great games, after a few months.

Some other people, and this is where I fall in, see it as a connection to all we love about college football. We don't get sick of college football, so we don't get sick of the game. We know it has flaws, but there's no alternative. You want to run a college program and play college games, this is what we have. I think this is they type of person that the OFFL will always be built on.

4. Hova

this has nothin to do with the league, or my schedule, or not wanting to participate, this is simply i dont wanna play this version of the game anymore. I am quitting all of my dynastys not just this one.

5. Hova

And im sure i have logged more than 300 hours easily lol. I have been in over 5 leagues that have lasted 2 years, and another where we went through 6 seasons! We were playing this game all day long, you just get sick of playin the same game, esp after hearing all of this new info about 2010

6. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Understandable. But online dynasties need people that are going to be around for the whole year. I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of new leagues when 2010 drops. 'Till then, the OFFL marches on.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It just seems like an odd time to bail. I mean, some of the old-timers are scaling back a bit, kind of taking a breather and all, but the newer folks shouldn't take this a a sign that we're shutting it down. And we shouldn't believe that if we do, a spot will be held for us in July. I'm not saying a spot won't be there, but nobody gets to reserve a spot by walking away. That's all I'm saying.

I for one will be spending quite a bit of time "selling" the league in the popular forum spaces, writing articles and posting links in these same forums, setting up a number of new site, forum, and blog options, and doing a number of other promotional kinds of jobs. If I play less, it's because I am doing different things for the league.

I just don't want guys getting the wrong impression. We're playing until 2010 comes out.

8. Hova

I totally understand AG, If there are no spots it is my own fault