Have to bow out.....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Dru50, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Have to bow out.....

Members of The Deuce – First off, I’m going to apologize for dropping this on everyone this soon into our run, but I’m going to have to step away from the league. I’ve had some things come up in my personal life that have caused me to reassess where my priorities need to be, and NCAA needs to drop down the list. I’m just not going to have the capacity to continue in multiple leagues, and I also won’t be able to keep up with the rapid pace around here any longer. When I joined, I didn’t think this was going to be an issue, since I had been playing NCAA without problems 2-3 hours a night for nearly a year, but my family situation has changed and that isn’t really possible for me anymore. I’m going to be limited to being on the xbox no more than every 2 or 3 days, and it isn’t fair to anyone else in here for you guys to have to deal with someone who will need games simmed constantly or will need to hold up advances regularly due to issues outside of NCAA.

I’m not leaving TF, but I can only continue in one league going forward. I appreciate the opportunity to play with and against you guys, and this is a really top-notch group. The pace and dedication that this group has is second to none. I apologize again for this happening, but I think Bond would attest that if there was another way for me to continue as I have been, I would do it.

I have offered to Drifter and OM to continue to recruit for MSU, so that the team won’t be completely hosed for someone else to take over. That way, if you want, you have some time to find the right fit for this dynasty.

Thanks again guys,
    Dru50

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Damn dru, hope everything is well on the home front.

Guys I'm available to fill in dru's spot ;).

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Dru, I hope everything calms down for you soon. We all understand (even though the amount of time and effort we put into these leagues can be considered excessive by outside viewers) that the home comes first.

I know I speak for everyone in this league and on this site when I say that I hope it all works out.

Anyone who is interested in a spot in the Deuce should contact me. But I will tell you that we will consider what other leagues you are and the availability to contribute to The Deuce. Among other things, of course. Final spots will be awarded by a team vote.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

so we have two spots open now? is Bogey a lost cause?

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Still waiting to here back from him. I was supposed to hear something from him soon.

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

Hold up Dru.... I want my damn rematch.... I know your family situation is badd or whatever but i want a rematch with them bumm ass Miss State scrubs... damn it....

Nah, I am just joking, I understand family comes first and i hope it all works out for the best...

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

This is saddening. I wish you the best Dru and look forward to seeing you around.

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im pretty torn here. Im not sure it is possible to find a tougher opponent for me in the SEC West, so the fact that you are leaving is a good thing. The bad part, is that you are a fantastic member of the deuce and you can kick the crap out of JR, and anyone that can do that is ok in my book.

Seriously though, I hate that you have to leave the deuce, but Im glad you are making the right decision and focusing on your family first, and the game second. In 2008, I was in 3 leagues, and had 1 child, and was pushing the limits of taste with my wife. In 2009, I was in 2 leagues with 1 child and it was a little better, but still pushing it. In 2010, I am down to 1 league with 2 kids, and I have finally found a decent balance. An hour a night for about 4 days a week is reasonable, and if done after kids are sleeping and after quality time with the wife, it is a reaonable hobby.

You are always welcomed back to the deuce (as long as MSU is a D- overall).

9. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Sad to see you go Dru. Coming in as 1 of the new guys in the Deuce, you proved you belong here with your activity & gameplay. Also props to you for knowing when to step down from a league instead of just holding us up. Hopefully you come back in the near future.

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Thanks guys. Just to clarify, nobody died or anything, but for the past year I could count on having both kids in bed by 8:30 and then I'd jump on to play. As the kids are getting older they are naturally staying up later. Combine that with the fact that my wife started to think I cared more about my xbox than her (to put it lightly) and I decided I need to step back for a while.

I really have enjoyed this dynasty though, the pace you guys maintain is great.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

you don't have to bow out just get a cheap apt. and then tel the wife you have to work late...

it's going to be hard finding a replacelment for your activity and skill. i am sure you will get bumped up the waiting list when you can come back...