HaW16: Statistics Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RFF, Mar 9, 2016.

1. RFF

RFF Walk On

Content time. Every now & then I'll post this.

Game Stats

First, the only truly "bad" graph...the last few weeks only 10-12 teams playing User v User games.
    :(
    upload_2016-3-8_23-57-16.png

Fewer games also means it's much harder to truly gauge what's happening. Even with 32 teams all playing in a week, there's a high degree of variance. You might have, for instance, 5.9 rushing ypc one week and another week 3.8.....but across 4-5 weeks it starts to even out to an NFL average of ~4.1.... with fewer user games, judging variance is geometrically more difficult.

Now for the more interesting stuff:
    • HAW runs ~20% fewer snaps than the NFL and scores more... but our sliders have kept scoring from getting out of control. Despite the recent buffs to the running game, scoring hasn't been *too* terrible. In a perfect world, I'd like our per-play scoring to be ~5-10% higher than the NFL and run ~5-10% fewer plays for the most realistic game play possible. We want scoring TDs to be a difficult thing and for punting to be common.

upload_2016-3-9_0-2-12.png

Rushing Stats
    • Rushing started to dip too low but has rebounded nicely. As I said above, it's sometimes hard to tell without our full cadre of games each week, but so far I'm cautiously optimistic.
    upload_2016-3-9_0-5-8.png

upload_2016-3-9_0-5-31.png

Passing Stats
    • As always, HAW teams go deep. A lot. On top of that, HAW defenses looooove to play Cover 0, even when the offense is on its own 20. As a result, there are a lot of deep completions, a ton of INTs, and a lot of 15 yard slants/posts that turn into 40-80 yard TDs with 0-1 safeties over the top.

• The goal is not to make this an impossible proposition, vertical passing should remain a strategy, but the risk/reward should be similar to the NFL. We will continue to try to keep deep passing in check, but there are limitations when it comes to M16 (weak man coverage) and All-Pro difficulty.

upload_2016-3-9_0-9-16.png

upload_2016-3-9_0-9-34.png

upload_2016-3-9_0-10-4.png

Defense/Misc
    • Fumble rates are still too low. These will likely be bumped up slightly soon.
    • Sack rates are slightly high, but this is a good thing. With teams going deep more, sack rates should be higher than the NFL where QBs are much more likely to be checking down or prioritizing 3 step drops.
    • Defensive TDs have previously been high due to the super high INT rate. My hope is that more teams start to value cutting down INTs and are rewarded as such. I know they've dropped the past couple weeks, but I want to stress the "not many games played" thing here. Def TDs are so rare that even a couple can spike that graph up noticeably. That said, the INT rate has dropped (likely due to the rushing change, as teams are left in fewer 3rd & 8+ forever situations and forcing passes into coverage) and that's likely why Defensive TDs have, as well.
    upload_2016-3-9_0-15-13.png

upload_2016-3-9_0-15-28.png

upload_2016-3-9_0-15-46.png

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Woody

Woody Walk On

Wow! That's some in depth stuff. Nice job!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is like my favorite shit ever that I get to look at related to Madden. Madden and statistics - boing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. BigK44

BigK44 Walk On

So Madden still gets you hard? We have openings

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Woody

Woody Walk On

If I'm ever allowed to switch to the Eagles, you can have the Bills back.

• Like Like x 2
  6. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

Honestly, Eagles are in caretaker mode. iBO may not mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Nice try :)

• Funny Funny x 1