Hawkeyes Land Huge Commit

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hugezombie, Sep 6, 2012.

1. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

[​IMG]
    The Iowa Hawkeyes have landed a huge commit on their way to what will be one of their best recruiting classes ever. Coach Mike Mason is as smooth as a snake oil salesman with the integrity of a saint, so it is hard for recruits to turn him down. Raymond Dailey a 6'3 200lb strong safety announced his commitment to the Hawkeyes for the 2013 season. Dailey is a :4stars:recruit out of Champlin Park High School in Champlin, MN. He is the #1 rated strong saftey and #94 overall in the ESPN U 150. In an interview with the Iowa City Press Citizen, Dailey stated "I can't wait to get on campus and start contributing right away." Dailey is a huge addition to what is already one of the best defenses in the country,

2. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Nice commit! It's not easy to lure kids to Iowa but good job :) I actually just landed my highest rated player of yet, Curtis Hill :4stars: OLB #9 OLB #193 OVR. Don't need OLB's too bad right now but he could definitely see a switch to inside backer to make an immediate impact.
    [​IMG]
    On that note I actually had a question. I noticed on a certain thread I read that there were size limitations on players (maybe it wasn't in this league but I'd read it in another thread) So if we recruit a lineman and he's 5'11 255. Do we edit their size or is that just what we have to deal with?

More out of curiosity than anything.

3. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

As far as I know there is no limit, the game randomly generates the recruits, so I dont see an issue, I am also going to get a top qb recruit committed in the next week or 2

4. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Agreed. Only thing I wonder is with us wanting this to be fairly realistic, do we want to adjust player heights at least so they more represent the talent that our conferences play with. Mostly speaking for the weirdly undersized Offensive lineman. I know it doesn't happen often but just throwing the idea out there.

And I'm hoping for a future athlete to commit here soon as well before some of these other schools can get him on their campus for a visit!

5. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

The size requirement is if you're changing positions of a player. It keeps us from having 195lb DE with 98 speed and acceleration.

6. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

oh right. that makes more sense now. Thanks