Hawks / Nets CPU Trade

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Brandon S., Oct 19, 2011.

1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Hawks Trade

PF / C JJ Hickson 74 OVR 23 yrs 1yr 2.36M B Pot
    SF / PF Marvin Williams 65 OVR 25 yrs 2yrs 15.79M C+ pot
    1st round pick
    Next year 1st Round pick

Nets Trade

C Brook Lopez 76 OVR 23 yrs 1yr 3.08M B pot

--------------------------------------------------------

PG Mario West 50 OVR 27yrs 1yr 1.4M - Only added into the trade to meet the cap
    C Dan Gadzuric 56 OVR 33 yrs 1yr 1.4M - Added in to meet cap

Nets get a PF / C same age as Lopez and same potential plus a young SF / PF (he's 6'9") who can shoot from anywhere on the court and will continue to improve because of his C+ potential. They also get two picks, and JJ Hickson can start at Center and Marvin Williams can start at PF.

Bondzai007
    JFace907
    Dru50

Trying to give them as much as possible but its hard to do that with the ridiculous salaries the Hawks have! Let me know if i have to adjust.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Brook Lopez is the 2nd best player on the Nets and one of the top young C's in basketball. There is no way they trade him for a bust with a bad contract in Marvin Williams and JJ Hickson, who is OK, but not a star. Sorry, but even with the 1st round pick, that isn't enough to me.

I think everyone needs to think about it this way - if the CPU team you are trying to trade with was controlled by a user sitting in the room with you, would said user punch you square in the nuts for suggesting the trade you are suggesting? If so, go back to the drawing board before coming in here. I think if a user were controlling the Nets and you suggested that deal, you'd be needing an ice-pack for your jimmy right about now.

But maybe Bond and JFace will disagree.

3. Brandon S.

If i change up the 2nd rd for my 1st next year would that change it up enough? Trying to give the Nets more but the salaries on the Hawks are ridiculous. Francisco Garcia is rated 69 but he has a big contract and is 30 and thatd be the next best upgrade from Marvin Williams, but Williams is an EXCELLENT shooter. Switching it up to 1st round next year change anything?

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Marvin Williams is a stiff, come on now, you know that. Plus you are giving a bad Nets team a big contract for the next 2 years in exchange for 1 of 2 good players they have. Sorry, but an extra first won't do it for me since you will likely be a playoff team and therefore those picks are outside the lottery. For me to approve this the deal would somehow have to involve either Horford or Josh Smith. There are no other players on your roster that would make it worth NJs while to trade Lopez.

That's my $0.02 at least....

5. Brandon S.

Yeah, understandable. Was trying to put together a team with Horford Smith and Lopez but i think Horford and Smith are both better. But my point with Williams was that he plays better than his overall (like Nick Young and JR Smith) because of his shooting ability. But i'm going to think of another trade, trying to get rid of JJ Hickson, don't need him. And don't want to pay him more money next year when he will just ride the pine.

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yeah i'm going to have to decline this trade. No user if they were controlling the Nets would approve this trade. I think the only way something like this would get accepted would be if the Hawks included Smith or Horford in the deal. And even then, the Nets would still ask for at least a lottery or top 20 protected first round pick (which unfortunately we can't do in the game).

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

How did you acquire him?

8. Brandon S.

in the Joe Johnson trade, to get rid of cap and acquire Dalembert. I love Dalembert, hes just a little old but hes a great defender and thats all i need, i have too many weapons on the Hawks. Im going to look for a CPU trade to get a Guard off the bench. Haha look for another trade later, you can delete this thread if you want

9. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'd actually be interested in Hickson if it wasn't for my rule about never taking anyone associated with NC State. It just shows poor decision making ability.

• Like Like x 1