Headsets

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Headsets

Who has and uses a headset during user/user games.

I DO. I think it enhances the game to talk to my opponent at least a little bit. I can see it being annoying too. But I try not to be annoying while I talk and play, in other words, you'll normally hear what I want you to hear, and then I turn the set off and whine to my players on the field. ;) :D

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I haven't used them in this league, but am not opposed to it. I am on another site and they are mandatory. I have it on, but just mute the mic. When I need to say something I unmute and say what needs to be said. I am not a big talker during games myself.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I have mine handy at all times. I used to be in a league in 09 where they were mandatory and it was pretty cool. You get to know the guys a bit more and hear them bitch about how bad their players are or how the game sucks :)

4. Jayrah

Anyone else? Yes...No?

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I have one and if someone invites me to a party before or during the game i'll join and turn it on assuming it's not dead.

6. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

I might find it kind of distracting becuz I get in an absolute zone when I play but it would be cool to get to know you guys better

7. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I enjoy having the mic on during a game so that I'm too embarrassed to break shit when I throw a pic.

I'm going to be saying that aloud whether my mic is on or not so I may as well have it on.

8. Jayrah

Maybe just before the game and halftime or something then. Just a quick 'how do ya do?!' and then maybe if you have a question or something it's available. I like to use one just to know who I'm up against on the other end, but I think it can be distracting too during the game.

Honestly I think the best way to get to know someone is through the forum anyway. But it's nice to associate a voice with your opponent at the same time. :)

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

I should have had it on when I beat recchem on that last second hail mary...

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

If anyone take offense I apologize in advance!

11. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I will use one if my opponent gets on with his, but I don't enjoy having it on the whole game. I like to crank the stereo when I play user games and I obviously can't do that when on a headset.

Was in a league last year where we did the offseason in one night and all the guys had their headsets on. That was really cool because it's some down time and no one's overly competitive(until you steal a recruit). Probably the most fun I had in any dynasty last year.