Heavyweight Championship

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DigginGraves, Jun 16, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Feb 10, 2009
    Heavyweight Championship

It was a tense moment today as Kongo and Lesnar stood toe-to-toe at the weigh in for their highly anticipated Heavyweight bout. There seems to be a lack of respect by both men on the powers and abilities of their competition. Kongo was in no mood to chat and quickly left the podium after the completion of the weigh in and prefight photo opportunity.

After today's weigh in, we were able to catch up with Brock Lesnar who looks ready for his redemption shot against Cheik Kongo. Lesnar has been working hard on his ground game. The last time these men met, Kongo imposed himself on the ground and overcame the highly touted wrestling abilities of Lesnar.

"I know he plans on taking it to the ground again, hes probably the only guy in the TFC that worries me on the ground. I dare Kongo to stand with me, but we all know he won't. So we'll go to the ground... and I'll just have to knock him out there! That way he won't have to fall so hard when I hit him square on the chin, he'll already be lying on his back." Lesnar was quoted as saying after the weigh in.

Brock, when asked about his prediciton of the fight, was quoted as saying "I've talked enough smack about this fool.... let's just see what happens in the ring. Predictions can get you in trouble when you start looking to end a fight early or knock out your opponent in the first round. My prediction? ............ this fight will be awesome. I plan on getting punched in the face, taken to the mat, wrestling and clawing for every square inch of that cage. But in the end.... I will be the second TFC Heavyweight champion."
  2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Feb 11, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    It seems the champ heard Lesnar's comments loud ad clear and was not too amused. TFC was able to catch up with Kongo after Lesnar's comments.

[french accent] "Lesnar is talking all this tough talk about I'm afraid to stand up with him. What he doesn't understand is that I'm a complete fighter and I'll fight wherever the fight goes, ground, standing up, whatever. Brock was supposed to be the all world wrestler who imposes his will in the grapple and on the ground. He's mad he got outclassed in the first fight. I'm not going let someone dare me to fight one way or another. I will fight MY fight. I really hope Lesnar's time in the gym was valuable, because I'd like to break a sweat this time. See you in the octagon Lesnar!" [/french accent]