Heavyweight Tournament results

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, May 19, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Heavyweight Tournament results

Post all the match results/recaps for the Heavyweight tournament here

2. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

#2 seed Brock Lesnar (DigginGraves) vs. #7 seed Fabricio Wedum (cpu)

#2 seed Brock Lesnar HHF vs. #7 seed Fabricio Wedum

Brock Lesnar was on his back in the first minute of the fight after being rocked with a hook from Wedum. After regaining his composure and working with the game plan he was able to defeat Fabricio by way of KO.

Lesnar def. Wedum
    KO - Rd. 2, 1:12

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

on his back...wtf? did werdum hit him with a 2x4 ?

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

He must of had a flashback to when he tried out for the Vikings.

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Chieck Kongo vs. Minotauro Noguiera

Fight started out with both fighter trading blows. Kongo landed a few kicks to the head. Nogueira closed the distance with some hooks. In the middle of the first round Kongo starts to take control using the clinch landing uppercuts and knees to the body. Minotauro attempts a takedown but Kongo sprawls the attempt. In the sprawl Kongo pulls off a powerbomb into side control, then transitions to the mount. He closes the deal with a couple hammerfists and Noguiera is out for the count.

Winner by KO - Chieck Kongo

6. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

#4 seed Andrei “The Pitbull†Arlovski (Sweetness) vs. #5 seed Tim “The Maniac†Sylvia(Marcman)

1st round was a feeling game as they were both feeling each other out. "The Maniac" did have a Knock down but was unable to finish. Both fighters looked a little uncomfortable as they were still feeling out the new Arena. Andrei Arlovski was able to pull off the Win via KO 1:04 into the 2nd round. Great match and it was fun as hell. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I need some practice!

7. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Good summary.
    Yeah, I practice with Andrei.
    I figured, OK this guy is 6'8.
    Not gonna duke it out all match, gonna use some takedowns, then duke it out.
    Seemed to work out well for me.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

HR, That power bomb hurt!!!:D

9. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

HHF Dominating the Heavyweight Division!
    Andrei Arlovski wins with KO 2:43 into 2nd Round
    1st Round-
    The Match started pretty even, both slugging. Arlovski hit the jaw when it was key, had some good take-downs. Arlovski had to be carful, Mir almost had 2 submissions in a row. With 4 seconds left in the 1st Arlovski gave a hard uppercut and almost knocked Mir out, he was able to stay awake though.
    2nd Round-
    Arlovski comes in with an anger that no man wants to experience. Mir gives a couple nice kicks but Arlovski answers with some heavy righs. The Pitbull takes Mir to the ground once again, but it just playing with him and stands back up after 2 hits. Once Mir stands, Arlovski gives 2 heavy Lefts, an uppercut, then the "Board the Train to La La Land" Heavy right to the temple puts Mir on the train.

The Pitbull after the match:
    Andrei, fantastic job, you are now in the first ever TFC Championship Match. How did you do it?
    "I hit very hard you know. I was aiming for jaw but missed and hit temple, I am dissapointed it went second round."
    "Oh ya, I happy I am in Championship match. Feel Bad for the next guy, going to get three knockouts, HOT HEAD FIGHTING"

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Brock Lesnar (Graves) vs. Chieck Kongo (Hotrod)

Kongo wins via KO at 3:15 of Round 1

Match started off with Brock landing some punches displaying his quickness advantage. Kongo attempt to take the fight to the ground and is successful. After some punches are traded, Kongo moves into full mount. He lands some punches but Brock escape back into half guard. Kongo wasn't having that and gets back into full mount. As couple more punches and Brock is dazed but still trying to hold on. Brock lets his guard down and Kongo quickly lands a hammerfist to score the KO.

11. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

NEW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Arlovski proves to be dominate, except against Kongo.

1st Round-
    All Kongo except a few punches, the clinch, ground, and takedowns. Arlovski got dropped which many though he was asleep but got back up.
    2nd Round-
    MORE KONGO. Just dominating Arlovski and this seems to be over. Lesnar at the side just about to throw in the towel, but Andrei just would not give up. Fighting how Kongo wanted it and hung in there. If this went to descision, it was clear KONGO has it won.
    3rd Round-
    Arlovski comes in fighting well, just not enough and gets taken down into full mount for 1 minute. Hard shot to the ribs, its over everyone thinks! BUT NO, Arlovski somehow flips the 235 pound Kongo over and gets into a Mount pulls a leg submission out of his ace and snaps Kongo's leg for an unbelievble win.
    Lesnar and team HHF jumped up and ran to congratulate Arlovski.

12. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Kongo was visibily upset after the fight. He dominated the fight throughout but Arlovski wouldn't go away. This does not bode well for the rest of the heavyweight contenders as now Kongo will stop at nothing to get HIS belt!