hedache is in the house

Discussion in 'Tradition Hockey' started by hedache, Mar 1, 2012.

1. hedache

hedache Walk On

Yes, I joined the NHL bandwagon today. Although NHL and bandwagon don't go together much probably. Some of you do, and some of you may heard of me from the FIFA section. I got the game a little late I know, but that's how it went. Got it on ebay earlier today.

So I realized that the players in this game are holding sticks unlike my FIFA players. Helmets are a nice safety element for sure but I am not sure how necessary it is for virtual digital people in a video game. They might have easily play without them so we can see the different physical head characteristics like hair and facial hair and such a lot easier.

Seems like the ball they play with is a little dot instead of an actual ball. Pretty creative to make the game challenging. I like that the goals are also smaller even though not in the same proportion to compensate the challenge that comes along with the little black piece of rubber. Players are literally sliding on the field compared to FIFA. You get from point A to point B almost effortless sometimes. Pretty easy sport it seems like. Also all you have to do is stay in the game for 45 seconds and your job is done for then next 2-3 minutes. Another easy part. I guess that's why they needed to bring some challenge to the game by making the ball small at least.

To summarize it, there are pros and cons just like in any other thing in life. No sport is perfect as soccer I guess.

Pros:
    The net is small. Makes it easy to defend.
    A lot of tools for your goalie to keep the score low.
    Only one offside line instead of a whole area.
    Short shifts, everyone from all ages can play this game. All you need to do is to get in there for 45 seconds.

Cons:
    The net is too small. Makes it hard to score.
    The little black rubber is too small.
    With only 5 players on the field, not a lot of options to pass. It's seems like it's better to skate through everyone.
    Two intermissions is too much. Why not divide the game in half but 3 periods. It's not like players are getting enough rest on the bench during the game.
    Only one offside line instead of a whole area.
    Sticks are made of some cheap material, they keep breaking.
    When you score with your feet, the dumbass refs don't like it. That's how goals are supposed to be scored... bitch!
    No handballs??? Dumb... Did Canadians come up with this game?

So as you can see, more cons than pros. Now on second thought, I am having second thoughts about the money I spent on this game. Well since it's too late for that, I should play some games when I get it in the mail.

So if any of you are up for it (apparently some are concerned that late deadline will keep you idle for the rest of the month in your league so there's gotta be some people looking for vs friendlies), add me on XBL (hedache), catch me online.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Love it.

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

I might have received the game in the mail today I hope. After I figure out a few things, I will be set to go for some vs games.

From the league results page, it appears like the only person I want to avoid is the Canucks guy the password looking forum name that I can not remember.

I also haven't gotten any friend requests. I think I only have you in there Selvy, and that's cos you're stuck with me from before due to FIFA assication. My guess is, the TSO hockey people either already know that I am the biggest douche, or after reading the top post, they think "this guy is a complete idiot". Which are both valid points to avoid me on XBL. Well played everyone, other than Selvy9 who is even more stupid than myself for keeping me in his friends list.

4. hedache

hedache Walk On

My copy of NHL is now installed on my console!!!