Heels Await Fate

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Jul 28, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]
    Coach Peench hoists the ACC Championship trophy with MVP Jheranie Boyd

Fresh off an exhilarating win over #1 ranked Florida State University, the UNC Tar Heels extend their 12 game winning streak. Improving to 12-1, the only blemish on the Heels season came week 1, at the hands of CPU Boise State.

It's tough to say things are looking good for UNC at this point, as they have seemingly been snubbed in the BCS rankings prior to their win.

[​IMG]

Remarkably, UNC is ranked below Virginia Tech, who has more losses (including a loss to the Tar Heels themselves). With Florida State out, Georgia and Arkansas will play for the SEC Championship. Hard to believe the winner doesn't clinch a birth in the BCS title. Meanwhile, how much will an idle week for Oklahoma hurt their chances? That's really the key here. Is UNC's impressive win enough to overtake them?

"The way it seemed to work out doesn't leave me optimistic," Coach Peench explained in a post game press conference. "I believe our club is the best in the country, and we just proved that by taking down the top team. The fact that Virginia Tech is ahead of us despite the fact that we beat them 31-9 is quite honestly mind-boggling. At this point, there is nothing we can do but wait. We've done our part. I'm proud of this team and thrilled with our conference championship. No matter what happens, this has been an unbelievable ride."

So what do you guys think? Possible for the Heels to clinch a birth in the title game?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Georgia or Arkansas will win, so you'd have to hope that they leap OU and you leap OU. Unfortunately I don't expect that to happen purely bc you're stuck behind the eight ball in this one.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

<------total badass

4. I Peench

I agree, can't see UNC overtaking Oklahoma

5. I Peench

Final Pre-Bowl BCS Standings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I went ahead and took a closer look at the teams, and both UGa and Oklahoma's one losses were to 9-3 teams whereas Boise ended up 8-4. :/

That'd be my best guess. But then that would mean the poll logic had... logic. But seeing as I'm still behind USC, UCLA and Washington...