Heisman Cheats

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Oct 16, 2011.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Just sayin' :)

I don't mind losing, but when your 91 rated QB throws three consecutive open passes into the stands (Joe Bauserman style) in OT, and then after the field goal, the CPU busts nine tackles to score with a scrambling pocket passer from 25 yards out on the first snap - you get a little cheesed off.

We've all had it happen - whether it's a ball bouncing off an open guy's helmet, or a RB who can't be tackled, or passes flying right into the lap of a waiting safety in what could only be described as a "you're just going to turn the ball over - nothing you can do" kind of moment.

There's an upside to these things. They do provide some sense of balance, and we do lose now and then because of it. I'd like to keep that, but find a way to make it feel like a product of the players on the field and not the CPU.

I played a smart game against a weak team. Everything that went wrong happened after a good decision was made. Now, this can happen now and then in real life, but it seems like it happens all the time. We now seem to have a game that so favors the running game that there are no Heisman candidates that are QBs, especially none of our guys.

I'd like to find a way to open up the short passing game. I don't want to bomb away, but there should be more safe throws. Right now, you either have to go full spread with 4 or 5 wide, or go big and run the power. There's no PA game (it's an insta-sack, mostly by EA design) and no shotgun run game - and even when I throw the hot route, I get sacked 7-8 times a game.

I say we experiment and consider slider changes - see if we can inject some fun by opening up the playbooks a bit. Now, we need to resist the urge to go all carolinacheesy and bust out 90+ points, but I think we can play with it a bit and still maintain the difficulty.

Mind if I tinker?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bdub

bdub Walk On

The CPU is beyond cheating after the patch its bad.

3. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

My first impression is that things might get a little better with a move to Slow. The change is minimal, but it gives you just a tick longer to see the field ... but it does nothing to get a guy open.

But my experience thus far has been different. Not sure if it's a patch thing, but quite a bit seems to work differently.