Heisman Hopefuls - Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Heisman Hopefuls' started by CTfromDC, Jul 22, 2013.

1. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Week 1-2 Power Rankings...as seen through the eyes of Coach CT

1. ) [​IMG] - The Ohio State -- After week 1's performance, how could we not reward the Buckeyes. They knocked off the #9 Georgia Bulldogs, on the road, convincingly 38-14. Led by Miller, 12/15 207, 3 tds an INT, and 11 carries 99 yards, the Buckeyes maintained their # 2 ranking in the Coaches Poll. They have a tough test against un-ranked Virginia Tech for their home opener. Should be a good one.

2. ) [​IMG] - The Florida State Seminoles -- Huge opening day win vs Wisconsin on the road, one that went to OT. The win along with some week one losses, propelled FSU to #11, up 3 spots, on the Coaches Poll. The Seminoles have to travel again away from sunny Florida, this time to face ACC rivals North Carolina Tar Heels. The Tar Heels are coming off of a 28 - 13 loss to the Ole' Ball Coach and his South Carolina Gamecocks. No upset here folks, expect FSU to take care of business as usual.

3.) [​IMG] - Nebraska CornHuskers -- Rounding out the top 3, we have Nebraska. An impressive road victory vs Kansas State and followed up with a relative cakewalk against Georgia Tech. These CornHuskers look like they are here to stay and play.

Outside looking in...

4.) [​IMG] -- Ranked #15 in the Coaches Poll, fairly untested. They have a chance to silence any non-believers, big game vs The U...
    5.) [​IMG] -- Unranked, good opening win on the road, next up #15 Michigan on the road. This is a chance to make a statement early...
    6.) [​IMG]-- Cardiac kids are 2-0, albeit against opponents who on paper aren't qualified to shine the Orangemen shoes...still, these guys have found a way to keep us all on the edge of our seats...
    7.) [​IMG]-- Hokies abused Houston in week 1, should really be tested by #2 Ohio State. If they manage to pull this one out, they may crack the top 15 in next weeks Coaches Poll, and top three in our HH Power rankings.
    8.) [​IMG]-- After calling out the Tide, Bama released a Tsunami on the Fighting Tigers, who looked more like a bunch of pussies...They rebounded nicely in a re-match against #16 LSU, winning pretty easily. Although the are #14 on the Coaches Poll, they still have much to prove.

9.) [​IMG]-- Badgers are another team that has to prove themselves. The loss to FSU at home was a close one, but they went on the road to Oklahoma State and knocked off the Cowboys in convincing fashion.
    10.) [​IMG]-- The Fighting Illini lost a heart breaker to Syracuse, they could easily be sitting at 2-0. Instead, they 1-1, with a few questions that will need to answered sooner rather than later.
    11.) [​IMG]-- Good win at home vs then #11 Louisville, but got blown out by Nebraska on the road...Do the Yellow Jackets have any sting in them, or are they just buzzing loud and saying nothing?We will find out soon enough....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Ohio State - FSU for the national title this year? Still got a long way to go.. but I like their odds of making it.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Definitely too early for Buckeyes to think about National Title game with 4 tough user matchups in the regular season and possibly a 5th in conference championship game. The Virginia Tech and Wisconsin games will give the Buckeyes a couple early tests.

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

With regards to your shoe shining comment, the Illini are actually rated higher than Syracuse, haha. I'm damn glad to be 2-0, but personally I think 6 is just too high for now. We'll see, I guess. Cool idea for a post, though.

5. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Cool
    I put them sixth because they are 2-0 at the end of the day, while other teams had only a one game played. I'm sure these "power rankings" will change week to week, based on user vs user performance, upsets, etc...
    Just my color commentary, no one catch feelings, it's all in fun. I said I would do a write up on Power Rankings, this is my take...Truthfully, If your not a SEC team, I know little about ya, don't watch College ball. With that said, just take these power rankings as entertainment, the real rankings that count are those that decide the championship in game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Great stuff!

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Buckeyes fall which comes as no surprise to me. I am having a tough time adjusting to this game.

8. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Just seeing that VTech beat Ohio State...I have no idea of what anyone is capable of, being as though I never ran on the PS3 with any of the owners here...FSU just went to numero uno it seems...

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

To which team?

10. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

VTech vs FSU...That's gonna be good

11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

The team you play next, hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Virginia Tech. Couldn't make a stop on defense and I threw 4 picks. That is a recipe for a bad loss.

13. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

CAN'T WAIT!!

14. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Feel free to post info on their game style! (y)

15. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Heisman Hopefuls Power Rankings (Thru week 6)
    1. ) [​IMG] - The Florida State Seminoles -- (Previous Rank #2) -- FSU takes over #1 in this edition of HH Power rankings. With a blowout victory over ACC rivals VTech and Louisville. Coach ThaBayouChef has them boys playin at a high level. Close call against Boston College, but I will say that is an anomaly.

2.) [​IMG] - Nebraska CornHuskers -- (Previous Rank #3) -- Bump up from #2. Nothing flashy, just taking care of business. Their offense has been on fire, avergaing 51 points the last three weeks since. Can anyone slow these guys down. Kudos goes out to Coach boil16 for keeping his team so focused and on task.

3.) [​IMG] - Miami Hurricanes -- (Previous Rank #5) -- Up two spots, The U seems to be back to championship for m of old, led be Coach cadepetty247 . The Canes' have two big wins in the last three weeks vs Users, and have cracked the top ten on the Coaches poll. They can taste a chance at the National title, week 10 will be one for the ages, when they host in-state rival FSU.

4.) [​IMG]- Virginia Tech Hokies -- (Previous Rank #7) -- Although they took a tough loss on the road to FSU, They have not folded and remain a legit force to be reckoned with. They move up 3 spots, believe it or not. Close victories over Clemson, Geiorgia Tech and The Tarheels of North Carolina, have them still in good shape in the ACC, Don't sleep on Coach xGRIDIRONxGURUx .

5.) [​IMG]- Syracuse Orangemen -- (Previous Rank #6) -- The Rodney Dangerfield of the HH it seems. They sit at 6-0, yet are ranked #5? Don't get it twisted, The Orangemen have earned the respect of all i the league, the things Coach hoodlum10 has these guys doing and the level they are playing at is amazing. They are not the sexy pick to run the table, but have a legitimate shot if they can get through weeks 12 and 13 unscathed.

6. ) [​IMG] - The Ohio State Buckeyes -- (Previous Rank #1) -- The mighty Buckeyes fell from grace, but are still relevant, still have talent, and still are led by Coach bravejaf. They still have tough games on the schedule, second half could be brutle for Brutus Buckeye.

7.) [​IMG]- Wisconsin Badgers -- (Previous Rank #9) -- Badgers move up 2 spots. I really think that they are the most underrated in the power rankings. I mean, they lose a close one to#1 FSU, and have had two byes already. The body of work isn't there yet, but when the games start to get played, watch out. Badgers have a great coach in G_T_G , no pun intended.

8.) [​IMG]- Rutgers Scarlet Knights -- (Previous Rank #12) -- Debuting at #8, Coach _MG_ has taken these youngsters and guided them to 4-0 start. No user games yet, I'm reserving judgement. Good work though Coach.
    9.) [​IMG] - Michigan Wolverines -- (Previous Rank #4) -- Wolverines have to stop the bleeding somehow. They sit at a game over .500, coming off of a blowout loss at home. Coach ElectrifiedZombies will need to reach his players ASAP if they want to be in contention in the weeks to come.
    10.) [​IMG]- Clemson Fighting Tigers -- (Previous Rank #8) -- Coach CTfromdc is still evaluating, players, coordinators, etc, etc...Clemson has dropped from the National rankings for the first time all season. Currently sitting at #27, the season isn't a complete loss, but one or two more losses could make them ineligible for a bowl game, they need to step it up....NOW...
    11.) [​IMG]- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets -- (Previous Rank #11) -- No change here for Coach gnittio, Keep your head up homie, I feel you. We gon make it, We gon make itttt. Tech has been in the fight, just came up short. I think they are better than the 2-3 record indicates. We will see in near future.
    12.) [​IMG]- Illinois Fighting Illini -- (Previous Rank #10) -- Illinois rounds out the top 12. Coach BigJim11 has had his struggles, but has some success as well. Scoring isn't the problem, defense is, allowing 44 points a game in the last three weeks. That won't get it done, look for changes to be made soon to try and right the ship.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Very nice work. The Buckeyes won't face a user team till week 10 against _MG_ but have user games in 3 of the last 5 weeks of the season.

The Nebraska/Wisconsin game will likely decide the B1G West. That will be a huge game for both teams. The ACC divisions are tough to call with 4 teams in contention for the 2 conference championship spots.

• Like Like x 2
  17. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    NICELY DONE SIR! CANT WAIT TO TRY THIS ROSTER OUT AGAINST A REAL USER TEAM

• Like Like x 1