Heisman level and its affect on our passing game

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Apr 10, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Heisman level and its affect on our passing game

So last night I was looking through the NCAA Individual Leaders.

We have quite a few human controlled QB's up there on QB Rating and TDs.

Rbs we are all over.

now for the kicker.

WR's and receptions....

There is not 1 human controlled WR in the TOP 30!! Ohio State has a WR at 33 with ## receptions. Hmmmm much different that previous seasons..... Either we are spreading the ball more or just passing much less.....not sure what it is.

I wish I could compare ints to previous years

Just a quick information note!

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Check wr yards... I'm sure a few of us are up there. For me I'm passing less because of goodman being back and his game breaking ability. This year I don't have to chuck it around 40 times a game.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I think the issue there is that we don't need to complete 10 passes to get down the field, we have all the speed. ALL of it - between our 12 teams. Fun in user games, not so much in cpu games.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am not sure about you other guys but I have almost stopped throwing the ball on deep streaks...the % of completing that has gone way down.

The first 4-5 seasons that was a major weapon of mine.....now not so much.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It just depends dude, I usually complete one long one per game and then I'll usually break a couple short ones, end up with 250-300 yards passing on 16-20 completions and call it a day.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It will all change for me next year, with Oklahoma landing Lance Vance Dance Douglas. I have some speedy guys but they're all pretty average to below average in terms of catching, AWR, etc. so they're not the quality of weapon that Brian Williams tends to be. Next year we will really be struggling to move the ball in the air, although having a senior QB (if we can make him stay) will help.

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I am, and have always been, a dink and dunk type of player and hope to break a long one. Between not being able to user catch...and so many guys being great at using the Safety, I would much rather throw a slant or something and try to break a tackle to turn it into a big gainer than heave the ball 40 yards down the field on a go route

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I don't have the personnel to be bombing it, unless i send Goodman outside.