Heisman Race 2011

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jmillhimes, Dec 11, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Heisman Race 2011

1) Cody Green (NEB)
    2) Jordan Luallen (GT)
    3)Chris Relf (Miss St)
    4)Dayne Crist (ND)
    5)Malcom Williams (TX)

WOW....QB's are dominating. The TOP 3 are all running QB's?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I find it hilarious that Jmill has complained all year about Luallen and then 1 game with 7 TDs launches him to #2 in the Heisman race.

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

At least it's true to real life. Heisman loves it some running QB's.

Somewhat on/off the topic, I'm so sick of the Heisman in general. In the last 10 years it's become the worst award in sports. It's literally nothing more than an ESPN hype award. This is the same network that last night gave me a gem of a report where they wondered if Kelly could recruit as well at ND as he did at Cincy, and pointed at lack of speed on offense as one of ND's downfalls this year. My wife watches about an hour of football a week, doesn't know what a safety is (the position or the scoring play) but she knows more about ND's problems than these idiots.

My opinion on the top 5 players in CFB this year:
    1. Suh (I probably only watched 3-4 Nebraska games, but he dominated games like no one else this year)
    2 (tie). Tate/Spiller (I'd choose Tate, but admittedly I saw a lot more of him than Spiller and am biased)
    4. Gerhardt
    5. Berry

But for Heisman we'll get:
    1. McCoy
    2. Ingram
    3. Tebow
    4. Suh
    5. Gerhardt

McCoy has to be the worst Heisman winner since Jason White or Eric Crouch. Maybe Suh sneaks above Tebow since espn/abc finally started talking about Suh after the B12 championship, but I doubt it.

4. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I've used 3 different playbooks (so far) this season trying to find something to match Cody Green's skill set! I'm going to crash and burn eventually because I am not a guy that likes the running QB but I inherited him and he is my best option at the moment.

5. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Texas faced two tough defenses this year and McCoy wet his pants in both games. I would love to see his stats from his efforts against OU & Nebraska.

6. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

He's garbage, and all signs point to Texas getting stomped by Alabama.

vs. OU
    127 yards, 53.8%, 1 td, 1 int

vs. Neb
    184 yards, 55.6%, 0 td, 3 int

He's winning the Heisman for last year's stats, and the fact that Texas is in the National Championship game. Going a layer deeper, he's really winning because ESPN has talked about him or Tebow winning it all year. Florida's offense stunk & they lost, so McCoy is winner by default. Sweet award.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

McCoy will NOT win the Heisman this year...It's looking like Suh or Ingram will win it. My vote is for Suh.

If McCoy wins, I'll puke.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Air Force FTW

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Hope you're right JHeb. I think Ingram has as good a shot as McCoy. Ingram's a good player, but the other Alabama backs look nearly as good as he does, so it's partially a system thing. Compare Ingram to Spiller and it's no contest who the better player is.

But Ingram had great stats and did it in almost every big game, so I wouldn't be too upset if he won. He's just not the best/most valuable player (or whatever the Heisman vaguely claims to be), so he doesn't deserve it. But it wouldn't be the joke that a McCoy win would be.

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Gerhardt...

He is not getting alot of attention but he had some great games against USC, CAL, and ND. Even though Im in Big 12 country, I would take him over McCoy

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

We here in Atlanat have some serious pull..LOL.

Poor Denard was left off despite leading the nation in rushing.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    And he is out for the season...and a Sophmore.:)

13. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Thanks! That is on my list but haven't used it yet. I think I will give it a shot this week.

14. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Someone from Alabama or Texas will win. I'm guessing McCoy. Too bad, he isn't even the best QB in Texas.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That would be Tony Romo hehe

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Edwin Baker now leads the nation in rushing again. (y)

17. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Actually, it would be Matt Schaub.

18. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Don't expect my guy to be up there for long. Relf just had a big day against a weak Louisiana Tech team.

19. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Both are way over hyped. I see all Matt Schaub's games and the guy is good at picking apart one on one's deep with Johnson but I cant stand him in zones....:(

A side note,,,,Alot of fans are calling for Kubiak's head for the Texans but I dont think thats fair. Slaton has been fumbling left and right. Kubiak benched him and if we wouldnt have done that, people would really be upset. Schaub has been injured here and there. The defense looks like shit. I feel sorry for Andre Johnson. Guy busts his ass and gets little credit. I really think he is the best WR in the NFL

20. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Back on topic...

The Heisman is great and all, esp. if a guy from your school wins it, but it really is annoying how it's become more of a popularity contest more than what it's supposed to be. Too bad many of the voters don't realize that. I'd really, really, really love to see Suh or Toby G. win it. I'll tune in to the show in the last few minutes to see how it turns out.

21. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Luallen is now behind Nebraska's Cody Green..Could make for an interesting game in 2 weeks

22. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

The game is shaping up to have a lot on the line!

23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The most important of which is the fact that 1 of the teams ahead of me in the polls will get knocked off!

24. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Yep...Im #3 and need a win here and the ACC Title game. Looks like I have already rapped up my end. Either way, Michigan, Florida, and a few others benefit.

One more note, Ohio St is a few points behind me in the BCS Standings. They may creep in yet

25. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

How did my guy still stay in the Heisman Top 5 after throwing FIVE interceptions???? Strange...