Heisman Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Whaddaya say guys?

Heisman recruiting - no holds barred next season?

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm all for this ... does anyone need the sales-pitch? ;-)

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I really don't care for it simply because of the lack of talent it will produce at the onset. Some of us aren't as loaded as others (ND, OSU) so the next recruiting year is big.

EDIT: I am not suggesting this is being proposed for nefarious reasons. I think my original posting is a bit too ambiguous. I understand that we want to give the CPU the best chance possible to win the recruiting wars. But the problem I see is that some of us are coming up on HUGE recruiting need years. I am coming off a 10 man class and will need to sign in the upper teens next year. If we come in with Heisman settings next year I am screwed. While others will have just brought in their huge classes on AA settings I will be fighting to bring in a huge class with crazy settings and a diluted recruiting pool. Which is something we need to be aware of as well. The Heisman setting produces lower quantities of top end recruits.

4. egofailure

We're doing Hesiman recruiting in the Crop, and coaches are still cleaning up. Saturday Heroes (another premium league) is also recruiting on that level. Perhaps someone from their league could let us know how it's working for them?

@jca312

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I need the sales pitch. If the CPU recruits like it plays at Heisman, then call me skeptical. I have a hard enough time recruiting against Bama, Clemson and LSU, let alone an evil omnipotent machine. But please elaborate on why you guys think it's good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

My biggest complaint isn't the Heisman difficulty per se. It is the Heisman prospect output that I don't like. Less 5 stars, less 4 stars, more competition for the spots. We already have the 3 five star rule, if we are serious about the computer challenging then we need to make a limit on the number of 4 stars you can sign as well. Not just jack it up to heisman and expect it to fix the problem.

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

It is tough if you go after everyone in the country. If you focus your effort on a select group of guys, you will be fine. I don't think it does anything other than make you continue to recruit guys targeted by the CPU like you would guys that are targeted by fellow users. At the same time, the CPU will cut bait on recruits it feels have been lost to users and move on to new targets. It helps the CPU stay relevant talent-wise.

Gotta get back to work, I'll post more later.

8. egofailure

Thanks, JC'. Much appreciated.

9. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

I suck in recruiting as it is now ... I think I've only got 3 commits so far :O

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we should all try a season offline at Heisman difficulty. Just sim the games and recruit and see how it goes.

I kind of suggested this as an option to counter some of the rules we now have in place. All restrictions on recruiting and swaying would go away if we went to this system, or at least that's what I was thinking. If we want to sway, this is one way to allow it. I think.

11. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

We use Heisman recruiting in BCS Chaos but we still limit 5 stars, one year Florida got 8 [​IMG]'s (2bits). So we had to cap it after that. Honestly the cpu does better, i find it harder to go after guys who arent in your top 3 to start. And you only get 1 change topic per call instead of the 2 we have on AA. Recruiting in your pipelines is key because you need those extra points. Another hint is recruiting 3 star JUCO that might be easier to get, to create new pipelines and fill needs since they are only holding roster spots for 2 years(usually)