Heisman Trophy Feature.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Daplaymaker, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

Feb 12, 2010
    Heisman Trophy Feature.

In this weeks report we're going to be taking a look at the biggest mover in this first four weeks of the season, and we're talking about the quarterback of the defending national champs none other then Greg McElroy. We sat down on sunday after the Alabama 24-20 win over [3-0] Arkansas Razerbacks.

Lee Corso: Hey Greg, Great win over the Razerbacks this week. What is your feeling coming into this season, many people talk about how great the offense is with Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson and Julio Jones you're like the forgotten guy or most people thought more of the guy to just control the clock and stuff.

Greg: It's been great, the coaching staff just relys on me to get the job done but this year I really worked harder to become a difference playmaker and not always have to rely to heavy on the other guys. Mark has struggled a bit this season but Trent and Julio have really stepped up and picking up the missing pieces.

L.C.: Talk about the upcoming game vs top 5 Florida Gators and the importance of this game for your team, and for the heisman for yourself.

G.M.: It's really about winning the game, I am not really letting the heisman hype get to me I am just going out there to get the job down and not let my teammates down and keep the dreams of a national title and perfect season going. Florida's a tough team we beat them last year in the SEC title game but that means nothing to me right now as that was last year and this is 2010. I've watched a ton of film and there defense is very fast, they love to hit you and will take chances with there corners to get a turnover but we're going to have to find ways to beat them with the run and trying to get guys other then Julio also involved.

L.C.: Thanks Greg for letting us sit down with you and good luck to you and your team on the rest of the season.​