Heisman Watch Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Sep 19, 2010.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Heisman Watch Week 3

Finally getting some weeks into the season and now we are on to the big Heisman Watch list. Some names you will know and some you won't, but so far this season these are the guys that are becoming superstars.

HEISMAN WATCH

[​IMG]

This year's Heisman race features some fresh faces that have played outstanding in the first few weeks of the season. The top five have only changed a little bit since week one, but let's get down to business!

HB John Clay, Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

Clay keeps his claim to the top, and has built on the preseason hype by rushing for 368 yards and 4 TDs in two games this year. In last week's victory over Oregon State, John was a complete workhorse carrying the ball 26 times for 226 yards and 3 TDs. A true Heisman candidate shows up in the big games, and there are no bigger games than the ones against great teams like OSU. This was the first of many tests for Clay and the Badgers.

HB Dion Lewis, Pittsburgh
    [​IMG]

The small but elusive Panther rushing for 121 yards in the loss to Iowa last week, but his ranking on the Heisman list didn't drop. This kid is simply too explosive to be put on the Heisman shelf. Despite only scoring a pedestrian 2 TDs so far, Lewis will continue to be in the top 5 all season.

HB Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State
    [​IMG]
    Rodgers had an extremely disappointing game last week against the Badgers. Only gaining 50 yards on the ground and 11 yards through the air, Rodgers may end up dropping after this week. His TD mark is the only thing keeping him in the race so far, so let's hope Coach Cimmy keeps on putting him in on goal line situations.

HB Trent Richardson, Alabama
    [​IMG]

Trent had a tremendous game against a crappy opponent. He had over 150 yards from the Line of Scrimmage. His 326 yards and Alabama's key victory over Penn State, have kept Richardson in the fourth spot. With Bama's tough schedule, Trent should end up around this point at the end of the season.

HB LaMicheal James, Oregon
    [​IMG]
    Finally after much talk we get to the true superstar of Bowlin for Roses, so far. James has racked up over 550 yards rushing and 8 TDs this season. Couple that with his huge game against Boise State last week (5 Total TDS) and LaMicheal can become the new KING James of sports. Coach NRG truly knows how to utilize this stud halfback

HONORABLES:

QB Robert Griffin 741 yards and 8 TDS 0 INT
    [​IMG]

CB Jerrell Gavins 7 KR for 245 yards and 1 TD
    [​IMG]

DT Dan France 4 sacks
    [​IMG]

QB Andrew Luck 401 yards and 4 TDS
    [​IMG]

QB Ryan Katz 472 yards and 3 TDS
    [​IMG]

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

LaMichael won't get to prove his legitimacy until the end of the season, where Oregon ends the season against three-straight user games! Hopefully he won't get injured by then :(

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Just let Clay have it this year. That way you can talk James into coming back next year! If he wins the Heisman he's gone!

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

lol good point! almost forgot about that, good looking out(y)

5. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Robert Griffin is looking solid.

Mike

6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    yea i was totally shocked at his stats...not saying he's not good..but i was like daaaaaaaaaamn

7. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

400 yards and five touchdowns were against the vaunted TCU pass defense

My defense just might win someone a Heisman

8. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I hope (for your sake) that you're recruiting corners! :)

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Andrew Luck = Stud he threw some darts against me.