Heisman Watch Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Sep 22, 2010.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Heisman Watch Week 4

On to week four's edition of the Heisman Trophy Race. Not much has changed, but we do have one guy crawling up the standings.

HEISMAN WATCH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wisconsin HB John Clay
    Clay continues to completely dominant the votes in the early polls. We haven't seen a running back lead the standings all season since a previous Badger. Anyone remember Ron Dayne, well Clay is quicker and will be a better professional than Dayne. Last week in the 31-3 victory John was only giving the ball 12 times, but he gained 110 yards and scored 3 touchdowns. This ups his season total to 478 yards and 7 TDs.

[​IMG]

Pittsburgh HB Dion Lewis
    Lewis remains number 2 on the list this week. He just can't seem to catch Clay because when he is out rushing for 110 yards (like last week) it takes him more carries than the Badger. Despite his solid effort we here at Heisman central, truly believe Lewis will only be on this list a few more weeks. The Pitt nation wants nothing more than to bring home another Heisman trophy, but we just can't forsee it.

[​IMG]

Oregon HB LeMichael James
    All I can say is WOW! After having a sub par season last year, James has exploded into a true college football superstar. In four games, James yardage totals have exceeded his whole 2010 campaign. With his 11 touchdowns this year, he also has doubled his TD totals too. The Ducks can't say enough positive things about this young man, and his head coach is 2000% behind him. If you don't believe me just look at his 33 carries last week.

[​IMG]

Oregon State HB Jacquizz Rodgers

Quizz has he is called, has had a rough go this season. Rodgers was stopped cold two weeks ago but after a bye week and time to get a bit healthy, he should be completely ready for this week's game. It's amazing to see how much the fans in Oregon cling to one of their heroes. Now it's time for him to showcase his talents.

[​IMG]
    Penn State QB Kevin Newsome

Last year it was Evan Royster soaring up the Heisman list, this year it's the QB Kevin Newsome. Last week he had a crazy 9-14 307 yard and 4 TD performance. That's a little over 34 yards a completed pass. I'd love to pry away that offensive coordinator in Happy Valley, because that ratio is tremendous for a football team. No wonder PSU is back on the map.

Bowlin' for Roses sleepers

Boise State QB Kellen Moore 985 yards 8 TDs 3 Ints

Michigan State DT Dan France 5 sacks, 2 pass deflects, 1 Forced Fumble

TCU - WR Curtis Carter 16 catches for 278 yards and 1 TD

Utah - WR Kenneth Scott 12 catches for 200 yards 1 TD

BYU - WR Spencer Hafoka 8 catches for 157 yards

Iowa - QB James Vandenburg 22/37 596 yards 4 TDS 0 INT

Stanford - TE Levine Toilolo 9 catches 234 yards 1 TD

USC - Shane Horton 2 Sacks

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Clay has been a beast so far this year but look for his production to slip with the return of Montee Ball from injury. Ball brings a better burst and can break tackles as well so he deserves some carries.

James is outta his mind right now...he may end up with the trophy. Clay still has Iowa, Penn St and Mich St to face off against.

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

James is really carrying my team right now. I am slowly giving Darron Thomas more opportunities to pass the ball recently, as he has definitely earned it. UCLA really controlled James last week though...33 carries for maybe 4 ypc? Hopefully my team will quit letting these teams hang around so that I can ease the burden on James and not have to use him so much!

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Also, great write-up as always, Bobjr!

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Anybody else notice who's Heisman Bob used? You trying to insinuate something?

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Good job bob

7. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

No, just that the Heisman Society is going to be reusing that trophy for the upcoming season, so they already have it on display, awaiting a name for it.

Mike