Heisman

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

How we feelin' about it? I see we had some losses, but does the gameplay feel right?

I'm going to have to hop on and find out for myself here soon.

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I haven't played a team on my level yet, I will have a better feel after next week

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

Well I got beat by the CPU worse than I ever have before. It felt great the first half, just like it should against a team better than me. Second have though, its like the whole game changed. Every pass I made was jumped and then I kept fumbling the ball. I will however take credit for part of the beat down, some passes I shouldn't have thrown. All in all I think we need to play a few more games to know for sure. Also an interesting difference in my game is that I had to challenge 4 calls during the game all of them I was correct on. I would have also challenged 2 more but you only get 2 a half.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I treated this last game like a Bowl game. I was nervous, but focused. I tried to make every play call count. I caught a couple breaks early on; two short passes turned into long TD scores and two "NO! Why did I throw that?" passes were simply knocked down.

In the second half, things got harder. The defense tightened up, and I had trouble maintaining drives. (This is where running the ball without a lead blocker becomes difficult). But it all felt real for me ... I just didn't make the right decisions quickly enough.

If I had a gripe, it would be how quickly the Cowboys tossed the ball down the field when they needed to. They converted one or two 3rd and 19's with ESPN Top 10 catches near the sidelines. But I'm sure if you looked that the ratings, my secondary was probably out-matched. The "no huddle" offense doesn't make it any easier.

Anyway, I went on the road against the #6 team in the nation and nearly pulled it out.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Ya I am in the same boat as derek...... my game was vs a c minus team uab. I get tenn next week who I believe is rated over me so it will be a good test to judge some slider movement. Hard to give any concrete info based on that game let me jump in a few ames if I get some free time after work. I will play teams rated higher then me and see if any slider. Adjustments jump out at me.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I played georgia in a rivalry game so I think my experience is pretty spot on in terms of even matched teams, conference, and rivalry game.
    I was able to run a decent game plan offensively, but I hatred how many times I was caught from behind by dlineman on run plays where the hole was gaping. I also thought the down field pass was too easy for the cpu, that wooten kid for georgia made several ridiculous catches on 3rd and long. And if you look at my secondary they match up really well, and I was in a safe zone on most of these third and long situations. I also had some bs calls, but mine were booth reviews that went against the grain in terms of realism. I think the heisman sliders can work but they need a little tweaking.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

I felt I got a fairly good challenge from a D- UNLV team, which is good because I don't have much talent myself with my C team. It was a tough 28-12 win, but nothing outrageous. The pass defense was a bit tight, but I think that's probably just because I'm used to the NCAA and Madden 11 versions where the zone pass defense was atrocious.

So far no issues here.

8. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I found FAU put up a good fight. I struggled to throw the ball and took a lot of sacks when I tried. They didn't score a whole lot, but they are a C-. Their defense was good enough to negate my passing game and give me reservations about throwing. I think Notre Dame (on the road in South Bend) is going to be a real test.

I'm going to spend more time in practice mode to find the feel and timing of the passing game before starting my next game, but I thought the gameplay was very competitive. I would vote to stay on Heisman, but I'm happy to go in any direction we choose.

9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I don't know if it was the HEISMAN settings or what, but my only two beefs...

The read option still seems dead... If I keep it with the QB after reading the weak side DE, the interior DT snags my ass nearly every time, or the weak DE recovers and tackles me for a loss... Any other read option guys notice this?

Also, I could've thrown my controller through the tv all four times the CPU did this, but on certain passes, Dayne Crist seemed to intentionally through a floating duck perfectly timed for receptions... It looked cheesy as hell and the timing couldn't be defended...

Let's just sat the inaugural night game at Michigan Stadium wasn't very pleasant...

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I noticed that the read seems to get blown up if any pressure is sent. Even a single blitzer, and the whole thing goes to crap.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Some of us have had a couple games now, so I thought it would be a good time to revisit this.

In the past, the negative opinions on Heisman difficulty were that it "cheats" at times, especially when the CPU is down late. I haven't experienced this yet this year, but I hated it in '11. There do seem to be times when the CPU is simply going to score, but that's just going to happen. I just want our wins and losses to be on us. So far, it looks like we're getting that.

12. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I do think that the middle coverage of linebackers is to high. Seems like I could only hit my outside receivers the last 2 games

13. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

In an unexpected turn of events, the CPU (after electing to kick in the first half - one of the little things they did fix) fought back from down 17 to get back into the game. I'm not sure I've ever had that happen before, but it was 100% earned by better execution (on their part) and some questionable play calling and execution on my part. I didn't notice any "cheating" by the CPU, though I know what you're referring to from past games. One easy-to-notice think they used to do was to call running defensive formations when you picked a running play and vice versa for passing. I haven't seen them do that this year.

I think that we'll need to adjust a little to win games against the CPU, but I think that a challenging CPU game is a good thing. I played an offline scrimmage against ND on Heisman before my game last night and then spent a half-hour in practice mode before launching into the game. I'm not sure I would have won that game if I had not spent the time to get my gameplan tuned up before hand.

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

One thing that bugs me is when I audible to a run up the middle the CPU pinches their d line. So they obviously no my play and adjust to it and that pisses me off.

15. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I've seen the CPU pinch a lot - not just on inside running plays. I'm not saying that they aren't cheating, but noting that their pre-play adjustments seem to be more abundant this year.

16. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Alright here is my .02

I just lost to Miss State, not that it couldn't happen but I have a few gripes about this Heisman crap.

1. CPU cheats mode is enabled, things that should never happen happen and its always in the CPUs favor. I like to use my whole playbook but with Heisman settings its impossible when 85% of the plays I call on both sides of the ball get blown up before they begin.

2. All my players get caught from behind by lineman and safties yet my players cant outrun lineman and safties after they pick up a fumble and house it on me regularly.

3. All defensive players throw their blocks to the side like they are nothing. I have no time to pass the ball especially on playaction passes its almost a suicide mission.

4. Superhuman CPU linebackers. I think Clark Kent plays for every CPU team.

I guess I just want this to be SIM and making it so I have to have 4-5 money plays just to move the ball on offense isnt sim to me.

17. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I do agree that that lineman don't hold blocks at all on heisman. On AA I liked the fact that I could follow blocks and get yardage. There's no point in following blocks on heisman. The first DT you come to throws his block and tackles you

18. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah that may be true.

To me it feels like every time I get a lead the CPU starts making all these improbable plays. For instance playing BYU I get up on them by 2 touchdowns and they start completing 50 yard passes with their 70 rated backup QB. Funny how they couldn't complete them when we where tied.

19. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I think the game's considerably harder on Heisman, which gives us less room for error, and that's going to be a bit frustrating at times as we develop our game/system. I've had one or two, "That's a fucking joke!" type plays against me, but like Arch' said, that's always going to happen.

Truth be told, I'm enjoying the game now more than I ever did before. Don't get me wrong, I liked last year's game, but I never felt like I could ever lose. In this year's game, I have to lock my cats in my bedroom, dim the lights, and get fucking serious. And if I get stupid? I lose.

If you play overly aggressive, you're going to get punished. If you throw it into coverage to prevent the sack, you're going to get punished. And if you're playing the better team, you better execute to near perfection, or you're going to get punished. I'm not saying that we're not going to need some minor tweaking, but I think we'd be making a mistake going back to AA. This group is too good for that shit.

Brad, I feel you, man; but I rarely trust my objectivity following a tough loss. (smile) Haha, that's why I had to wait a bit before posting after my Stanford debacle. I'm not saying that the CPU doesn't make some "super plays" ... but I think we need to get a real firm and thorough grip of our playbook in order to consistently beat teams. We need to feel as though we have 35-50 really strong plays, and know them like the back of our hands.

Let's be patient and see where this goes. I'm 1-2 with two very difficult games coming up. It's not going to be easy.

20. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i agree that heisman s prolly the best choice. I also agree that there needs to some accompanying tweaks with it :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ok giving my two cents here. . .I get that people are going to be frustrated by losing to a (seemingly) interior team like what happened above. Yet I'd much rather have this happen that see LSU waltz right through Oregon like they did on opening week when it was on AA. That's not realistic and I don't think challenges us in this league.

Maybe we need a 'bitch thread' for when people lose to the CPU. I understand the feelings, but this NEEDS to happen or else the league will get stale really fast.

(y)

22. bdub

bdub Walk On

I lose enough that it doesn't bother and I for the most part like Heisman. I just hope nobody gets discouraged and quits.

23. Bradkaz96

I wasn't mad at all when posting the thread. I went into the game expecting to lose actually (because of how hard LTU was the previous week). Im just saying I shouldn't have to resort to Money plays against the CPU to get yardage/points. More often than not I line up at the line of scrimmage knowing that I'm going to be running a play that is going to fail miserably. Sometimes I audible out of it in hopes to get something going or a mismatch in coverage only to be creamed by a barely blocked DT.

Im all for Heisman but I think the following things need tweaking to start.

1. User blocking UP (Passing and Running)
    2. CPU Pass accuracy Down

• Like Like x 2
  24. Bradkaz96

Waltz right through my schedule? Have you seen my schedule? This isnt the Pac-10...smh :)

• Like Like x 2
  25. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Lol... Get it right Brad... PAC-12...