Helli gets first win against BDS, 31-7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

-

Among the most painful two ways to lose to somebody back to back must be where you choke the first one away in the second half after having the game seemingly in hand, and then in the rematch you just plain get blown out. That's what happened to the Ole Miss Rebels the last two times they faced the Tennessee Volunteers, and believe me it wasn't fun.

This game bore no resemblance to those two games, partly because the Tennessee D-line isn't as good as they were before according to their coach. That was apparent as our front seven were able to create holes all game allowing us to rush for 191 yards and win 31-7.

The game actually didn't start off so hot for the Rebs, as we kicked off to start the game and eventually forced a punt, but returner Jacob Gray got hammered and fumbled, allowing the Vols to return the punt for a 7-0 lead. Should have fair caught that ball, it was all on me. I decided to just imagine they had scored a TD on their opening drive and that it was time for us to respond. We did just that with a combination of strong inside running and crisp passing game that was highlighted by good pass protection. QB Bryan Huff scrambled in from 4 yards out to tie the game at 7-7.

In the second quarter we continued to play well on defense and scored on a 3-yard run by Gray as well as a 33-yard field goal near the end of the half after a good stand by the Vols.

We took the second-half kickoff and were able to score on the drive, plunging in from 1 yard out. It just seemed our guys came out ready to play in this one and the Vols didn't. BDSDIGITAL didn't really get an effort from his team today unfortunately. We had a few lucky plays where passes were hanging up and they never seemed to really make a play on them, just batted them down. But mostly our team came out ready to ground and pound. The play of the game was late in the third quarter when Marquice Caldwell took the handoff, made a quick move inside and bounced off two players for a 36-yard TD run that put the game away. I thought this play was kind of cool, so even though it wouldn't let me upload the highlight to the dynasty wire, I'm posting it to youtube via my phone... I will update with the highlight.

GG BDS.

Random notes from the game:

QB Bryan Huff had a solid game going 7-12 for 141 yards but had a couple "WTF" throws that he just missed completely. We wanted to get the short passing game going against BDS and there were two throws that he missed by at least a few feet, from a distance of less than 7 yards. You just have to shake your head. One hit the TE in the foot. Really weird.

HB Marquice Caldwell went 28 carries, 165 yards and 1 TD, should have had a couple more but was tired near the goal line. Better conditioning would have meant conference player of the week quite possibly.

CB Tim Wheeler who is 6'4" put his height to good use in intercepting a pass that only a tall guy would have gotten to, it was nice to see him do something, normally his job is to just get torched.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

tough day for the vols. We couldn't get the running game going and Ole Miss was on a mission.

Hellisan had my number. He called a great game as well. He was abusing me on blitzes and knew where to go with the rock.

Not shit I can say but good job sir.....I was due, and you straight put my lights out.