Hellisan's Recruiting Advisor Breakdown

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by RynoAid, Feb 12, 2010.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Hellisan's Recruiting Advisor Breakdown

Even though the recruiting advisor is locked and not visible, the system still works in the game.

Each week the recruiting advisor does one of four possible things for you:

1) Gives you information on a recruit that is interested that you would not have known about

2) Unlocks some pitches for three players on your list

3) Tells you about a guy on your recruiting list that will sign instantly if you talk to him.

4) Tells you about certain players that are trying to "decide what school they want to attend" (the effect is shown by a "X2" when you call them, and you will get double the influence for everything you do during that call)

Here is a quick sequence of things you can do to see what the recruiting advisor is doing for you in a given week. It might seem time consuming but if you want to take full advantage it's the only way IMO.

The first check to make is if the advisor has found a player that you didn't know was interested. If you find a player like this, then that's what he did for you that week. First thing to do is go look at the "all prospects" section, and Right click stick for "more information" on the very first player... Scroll down with the right thumbstick at least through all the four star players. Look for a pink-colored diamond by the player's head. If you find one (It is there whether you have purchased the DLC or not) that is the player that is secretly interested in you. You're done. Note: To take advantage of this, you have to add him to your list and offer him a scholarship that week or he won't be interested anymore. This is usually the worst possible thing to get. You're rooting to NOT see a pink diamond so that something better happens... It's usually a crappy player that three or four CPU teams are already humping.

IF that isn't there... Then it's either that one of your players on the list will sign with you that week, immediately when you talk to them.... Or the X2 influence during a call (#4 on the list of things the advisor does for you).... Or the unlocked pitches. In a regular dynasty where the recruiting advisor was unlocked, they will know exactly who these players are by clicking on the recruiting advisor icon.

The smart thing to do would be to keep your list small enough so that you manually call each of your players each week... Therefore if the insta-sign or the x2 influence is on a player you will get the benefit... As you go through starting with the first guy look for the X2 or the padlock. If you see a guy with a X2 or a padlock there are 3 players on your list that will have this effect. If you go through most of the list and still haven't seen anything then it's likely that one of the players that has you listed #1 will instantly sign during the call. So make sure you talk to everybody that has you #1 even if just five minutes...

Hellisan

2. Good stuff, thanks.

3. Itsnotagame

Itsnotagame Walk On

Good insight

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Yea. This could definately help for rebuilding teams. Especially the pink gem if you catch it in week 1

5. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I could really use a breakdown of negative recruiting. I've seen one in the past, maybe on OS???, but it wasn't that detailed. I don't even know if anyone in my OD uses it but if they do, I'd like to be able myself.

I did use it on one guy who I had a slight lead for with a visit at the right time but I experimented with it and ended up losing him and the swing was very quick too.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Negative recruiting is almost pointless for ppl in my league so I don't know how to do it. The few exceptions would be if Tennessee tries to recruit a player in Florida that wants to be close to home. UF could negatively recruit what would probably be a C rating for Tennesseee in proximity to home. Otherwise we are all A's and A+'s across the board.

The short breakdown is you want to see negative numbers pop up when negatively recruiting against another team. It has to be something where your pitch in that category is superior to theirs. And do it at the end of the phone call when he's still happy because they won't get happy again after you negatively recruit. that's all I know.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am always surprised when I find out people don't know this.:)

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I agree. And although I'm extremely competitive, I want everybody to be on even ground at least.

9. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

That's about all I had figured out. I thought I had a stud OLB in the bag and had VT a close 2nd. I tried the negative to see what would happen and he got so angry before I could back out and he hung up. I had a little gap in the interest bar ahead of VT and the next week I was at #2 on the list and I got back to the top of the list the next week but VT had a visit and it was over. It basically swung the whole deal. I haven't heard of anyone else in our OD doing it but this was versus a CPU team. Hardly ever tried it before.

10. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Here's how negative recruiting has worked for me...

It is useful if you are #2 or #3 and you want to jump #1.

Obviously you have to select a pitch that the school is bad at and that the recruit likes.

I start by going to pitch my school until I get super smile. Then I go into negative recruiting and hit one pitch. You should see -3, -3, -3. Notice that you are not lsoing as much time per increment as you do in positive pitches [a big bonus]. If your recruit is in a x2 week then you will get double benefit in negative recruiting -6, -6, -6.

As soon as the recruit hits brown face I back out and then only do positive recruiting for my school until I rehabilitate it to super smile or at least smile. I have never gone back into negative recruiting in the same week after that.

I have had alot of success jumping #1 using this tactic. It is useless against the big programs that do not have bad pitches... unless the recruit likes Early Playing Time, which may be a bad rating for a bigtime school.