Hello everyone and What The F*CK is up with UNC's recruiting?!?!?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jello1717, Aug 26, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Hello everyone and What The F*CK is up with UNC's recruiting?!?!?

Ciao a tutti--

I'll be taking over the Tar Heels. Does anyone know if the previous owners were even recruiting at all? IE. did they usually leave their minutes on the board or something? No disrespect to the previous users, but I'm wondering what happened. I look at my recruiting board and this is what I see:
    2 Players signed, both :3stars:
    0 :5stars:
    1 :4stars:
    8 :3stars:
    10 :2stars: ???
    12 :1stars: Are you effin' kidding me?!?

I can't figure out why an ACC school would even look at a :1stars: kid, let alone target 12 of them.

Anywho... enough complaining. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.
    Step 1: Win at least 1 of my final 2 games to get a bowl birth.
    Step 2: Try to salvage some part of this recruiting class (begin by removing every :1stars: and hopefully all :2stars: guys from my list).
    Step 3: Hit the off season recruits HARD
    Step 4: ?
    Step 5: Profit!

2. jello1717

Wow! I just did a quick sort of the available recruits and foudn 15 :4stars: guys with me in their top 10, but not in my list. I'm also looking at some of these :1stars: guys and finding that they have between 5 and 10 (ten) pitches unlocked so the previous owners spent some serious time on these :1stars: guys. Did he say anything like he was trying to run UNC into the ground or something? I'm not sure if he wanted these :1stars: guys because he thought they'd be good to have or if he was just maliciously recruiting as poorly as he could.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm not sure how long UNC was user controlled. I think the guy came in late after someone dropped them and then he dropped out after 1 or 2 weeks. Might be wrong though. Either way, welcome to the Dirty South!

I'm not certain but Lilmaggie may let you pick a different team so long as it's in the ACC Coastal I think.

4. jello1717

So, of the 2 guys he signed, 1 is a CB with 83 speed. The only :4stars: guy on his board (whom he is very close to signing) is a FS with 81 speed. He also has a full bar on a :3stars: FS with 80 speed. I can't imagine that it was simply ineptitude to recruit like this. I think it had to be done intentionally to try to ruin UNC for future users. Unless, as Gators said, this was the CPU's recruiting wizardry at work (if so, hoe-lee-crap!).

5. jello1717

Thanx, but I'm a UNC fan. The only reason I accepted the gig was because it was UNC. He could've said that you guys had an opening for #1 Florida and I would've passed.

I'll get these guys turned around!

6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

yeah i think he always left his recruiting time at 10 hours...

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Well Florida's not looking for a coach, but if you want we can schedule a game next season and I'll show you what a real program looks like! hahaha.

That is pretty crazy if that's the way the CPU recruits in an online dynasty. Pretty much makes the game pointless to play because after 4 years the CPU is destined to suck arse!

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I think actually you are owner #3, maybe #4...but definitely at least three. There was someone in there before DarlonJustin. Butch Davis doesn't recruit 1 start guys.