Hello everyone

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by aarondramp, Jul 27, 2013.

1. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

So I decided to log in to TSO for the first time since my xbox crapped out in March. We have been able to use it for Netflix, but it hadn't been able to run a disc. I decided to give it a very thorough cleaning and fire it up, and it seems to be working for now. We watched a movie on it earlier, and it was fine. There was a ton of stuff on the fan blades that I hadn't gotten off from the vacuum. I'm going to try to play the NCAA demo and see what happens.

I am not coming back or anything. I actually got a promotion about a month ago and have to do actual work now, so I just wanted to say hey and see what everyone thought about the game and see how things are going around here.

I haven't read a thing about the game, so jello1717 - my fellow recruiting nerd, how is recruiting on the game?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Aaron

• Like Like x 1
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Nice to hear from you aarondramp. I'm really loving the new recruiting. They've taken away some of my tools, but even without a difficulty slider like the past couple of years, so far it's WAY harder than any NCAA game I've played. That will likely change once my coach gets some recruiting skills, but so far I've never been able to sign my full allotment (as in # of SRs leaving) of scholarships yet in any test dynasty or year 1 of my Michigan dynasty. It's difficult to sign guys before the offseason and it's difficult to get them in the offseason (for my Michigan dynasty I needed 15, only signed 7 before the end of the season and could only add 5 more in the offseason).

Recruits really value proximity this year too so it's much more difficult to bully your way into the premier states like I've always done in past games.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Oh yeah. There's a couple of other things I love about recruiting that makes it much more challenging. Visits require a lot more strategy than in years past. Usually you end up having to take a gamble; do I have it before school X and hope to sign him right away but risk losing after he visits school X or do I have him in after school X, hoping to sign him after my visit, but hoping that he doesn't sign before he visits me.

The other thing is something I've thought of recently that I think is likely an unintended benefit (for those that crave difficult recruiting) of the new point system. The CPU generally (always?) maxes out its points on as many recruits as they can. IE. if they have 5,000 points with a max of 500 per recruit they won't spend 250 on 20 guys. Instead they'll spend 500 on 10 guys. The downside is that they don't pursue as many guys as they can, but the upside is that they are really tough to beat out on the ones they go after.

It's possible the CPU always went all out in the past (IE. spent 1 hour per recruit) but it's MUCH more effective now with the point system. That's because there's no room to fuck up for the CPU. It's very basic. Every week they'll get 500 points + their bonus points. That's it. There's no room for error other than how many points you spend per week, which they max out. Anyone that's done quick calls in past games (which uses the same logic as CPU recruiting) knows how fucking horrible that was. You could have 6 green A+s unlocked and then every user would pitch those 6 A+s for massive points. However, the CPU seems to be completely random and you can see the CPU will find interest in D+ pitches..... Seriously?!? That's a big reason why they sucked so bad in the past. Now, they can't do that anymore so their stupidity can't affect their recruiting.

• Like Like x 1