Help choosing Career

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by HoundsOfHowl, Sep 22, 2012.

1. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Ok, I skipped out on FIFA 12, and 11 was the only FIFA game I played, so I need a little help here, because I really didn't play that much of 11. But I am trying to figure out the best place to start, I kinda like to build so I know the English leagues would be the best for doing that, but I also like the US because thats most of the games I ever see on TV. But heres a few questions maybe y'all can help me with.

What nationality is best if I want to play more, like if I do English or another euro country can I play in the Euro cup?

Best league for playing in?

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

If you're going to be a manager, the EPL would probably have the most games. Those schedules get pretty loaded. 48ish league games, plus 2 English cups, and then the Champions League or Europa league if you make it. I always end up in one of the English leagues, its just the most enjoyable for me. But if you're looking to knock out more seasons, a league with less teams like the MLS might be better suited for you.

3. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    the EPL is actually only a 38 game season, but is still the most you're going to get from a top league. you'd also have a chance to qualify for the european cups from there. if you like to build, a possibility could be starting with a team from the English Championship right below the premiership, you'd have a 46 game season in that league, plus the english cups, but probably wouldn't be going to any european cups. but you'd have the opportunity to fight for promotion into the premiership, and then fight to qualify for european tournaments.

mls would give you less games, but sometimes its more fun playing with who you know. you also wouldn't have any promotion/relegation from the MLS.

4. HoundsOfHowl

Thanks for the help, also I know there is World Cup, but is the Euro Cup on this game too?

5. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Should be, this is the first year international management has been an option in career mode, so i don't think anyone has a lot more info on it, but from my understanding, you can manage any international team regardless of what league you manage in. i think the international offers you'll get may be geared towards the country you manage in and the nationality you select for yourself, but not limited to only this. once you get an international gig alongside your club role (can not do only international from my understanding, you can be only a club manager or a dual role club and international manager, but not only international), you'll be able to select your international roster and participate in world cup qualifying, euro qualifying, and the world cup and euro cup finals.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/plymouth-argyle

If you like to build... Last year at least, they had the smallest budget in the lowest european league in the game. So, getting into european competitions would be exciting to say the least.

Last year I got them up to the Championship (2nd highest level in ENG) only to get sacked for not meeting expectations (!!!). Sometimes, moving up so quickly can lead to expectations that are not in line with your transfer budget. In my final season, I had a prime Jack Wilshire rated in the high 80s.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HoundsOfHowl

Thanks for that, I thought I had heard something like that but I really haven't had time to follow FIFA 13. Just knew I was going to get it