Help: I have no "Highlights" or "Post Game"

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by L7Weenie8, Jul 11, 2012.

1. L7Weenie8

L7Weenie8 Walk On

So this is extremely strange...

Last year in NCAA 12 I noticed on my XBox while playing the game I could never save "highlights," as it was not even an option as it is when I play on other peoples consoles. Also at the end of every game it immediately went to the post game menu, and showed no celebrations or highlights there. It was annoying but I figured I can live a season like that.

But now it is the same with 2013! So it has to be something with my XBox. I have over 2GB's of free space, so I assume that is plenty, and does not cause my game to not give me the option to even see highlights. And the fact I still dont see post game celebration is a major bummer.

Any ideas would be great! Please Help.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It's because you have an xbox slim (or whatever they're called) with the 4GB internal storage or hard drive or whatever it is. In order to save highlights you need an external HDD like the 120GB HDD. The smallest one (probably 20G) would work. It's not a space issue so it doesn't matter if you have 2G free or not. It's a mechanism issue where the game isn't capable of using the internal drives.

If you do in fact have an external HDD, then I don't know what your issue is as I've never heard of this happening for those with an external HDD.

• Like Like x 1
  3. L7Weenie8

L7Weenie8 Walk On

jello1717 Thanks for the tip man. Have you heard of this happening before? I was just convinced my system was cursed, but today I will be checking for a cheap HDD that is at least 20GB! You may have just made me one happy NCAA13 player.

4. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

jello is spot on. My bro-in-law had the same issue last year, went through a bunch of back and forth stuff with EA and XBox support before finally getting that little bit of knowledge out of them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. L7Weenie8

L7Weenie8 Walk On

Thanks ECFIVESTER. What size HDD did your bro-in-law pick up? I am going for minimal upgrade, cash is tight and I only play 2 different games all year long, so I dont have tons of stuff to save.

6. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

He hasn't bought one, I got a slim two months ago and got a 60 GB drive. You can find them on Amazon if your interested.

7. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

oh and it is working fine for me. I have only played two games though. but the highlights were uploaded and everything worked great.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've never had this issue as I've always had an external HDD but I've read about it on OS. It's my understanding that the size of the HDD doesn't matter (as the highlight won't be in the GB range, but in the MB range instead). The only requirement is that it's an external drive so the cheapest used HDD you can find should work perfectly well from what I understand.

9. L7Weenie8

L7Weenie8 Walk On

Just to be clear, you have taken an old External HDD and connected it with the new 4GB Slim? is that pretty easy to do? I ask because I dont think they sell 4GB slim external hard drives.

10. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

No, You can't use the old HDD drives from the older model. They sell a transfer cable if you need to move memory from your old console to your new one, but you will need to buy a new HDD drive that you insert into the Slim. The 4GB internal drive does not remove. If you do any looking around you'll find one, at least a 120 GB. The reason it is called external drive is because you can take it out, readily.

11. L7Weenie8

L7Weenie8 Walk On

You guys are the best! Got it up and going! Thank you for the advice to upgrade the HDD.

And I actually did use an old HDD from and old ruined xbox. It was a 60GB and I just removed the actual hard drive from the casing and put it in the back of the slim (thanks YouTube).

Thanks again forum!

• Like Like x 1