Help needed!

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Juggernautblitz, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Help needed!

I'm having some trouble with the basics.
    In my last 3 user games I have lost 8 fumbles and only caused 1. I am not a big strip guy or very good on the hit stick so the lack of causing fumbles is not the real issue but I must be doing something wrong on protecting the ball. Are you supposed to just press and hold the cover up button or mash it like your playing Track & Field on Nintendo? Should I not also press up on the stick while covering up or should I just stop in my tracks and get in the fetal position or what?
    Help, these TO's are ruining this game for me.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Was it raining?
    Hows the carry rating of these guys fumbling?
    Did your opponent have aggressive strip on?
    Did you ever consider putting conservative ball carrying on?
    Are you trying to stiff arm while breaking a tackle?

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

This works for me.

If my guys are starting to catch a case of the butter fingers this usually solves it for me.

I don't think it works though when you get flattened by a hit stick. I think if that even if you have that on and get big hit you run the risk of fumbling.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

95% of my offensive plays are run with conservative ball carrying. I don't break as many tackles but I usually do good enough with running the ball.

5. Juggernautblitz

No rain.
    I don't stiff arm.
    Carry rating is pretty decent and it's not just one guy, its my top RB, WR's getting hit after catches, etc.
    I don't think they have aggressive strip on since they don't get any facemask calls.
    This isn't a one game or one guy thing, it has become an epidemic.
    I usually cover up when in a crowd and push up on the stick to lower my shoulder. In my game last night vs. Dru his RB had 34 carries and he trucked me on nearly every one and didn't fumble once. My RB had maybe 8 carries, was big hit a few times and fumbled twice.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

To brave and troy's point, I use conservative carrying all the time. I'm not sure if you have it on, but I'm guessing you don't. Two of the fumbles caused in that game I wouldn't expect with conservative carrying, the big hit fumble could have happened even with conservative carrying on.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm a run heavy guy. I don't put run conservative on. Just right before the hit hold the 'cover up' button and you should be golden. Maybe your opponents had 'Big Hit' on, that's the only thing that I see could cause that many fumbles in that time frame. In that case you should move to run conservative approach along with the cover up button.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Conservative running will prevent the stripped fumbles, but won't do anything against big hit fumbles.

You say it's not a "one game" thing, but in the grand scheme of things, that's how it sounds to me. It says that you joined TF in Feb of '09 so it's pretty safe to assume that you've been playing '10 since release. It sounds like this has only recently become a problem and I would say that 3 recent games compared to 8 months worth of games is a fluke. Sometimes you can go games with no INTs and then have a couple games where you throw 10. It sounds like a blip on the radar to me.

9. BDSDIGITAL

Not to speak for Mr. Blitz, but the part that he left out is two of those games were against Knighnoles & Dru50. Now I've played Dru a few times and he's not really a turnover machine or at least wasn't against me, but he is very very good all around and Noles is a 6 turnover game waiting to happen so I'm sure level of competition is a contributing factor.

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Pressing up on the stick to gain extra yards increases your chance of fumbling.

11. Juggernautblitz

Yeah, playing those guys doesn't help. I count myself having 2 or 3 fumbles before the game even starts versus Knigh but Dru isn't that aggressive and I still coughed it up a few times.
    I'm going to have to experiment with the conservative running approach and see what happens. I know I'm not going to win many games losing the turnover battle 3 to 1.

12. BDSDIGITAL

Not playing the stick jocks we have in C2C you won't.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well you still got Florida on your schedule. My suggestion is to run every play because my pass defense is ridiculous this season.

14. Juggernautblitz

You have to be about a 30 point favorite at this point. My first 2 passes last night were right to Dru's guys for pick 6's so I'll probably take that advice.

15. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

(y):p

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Jugg will bite Florida in the ass....