Help please, PS3 based

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by bcduggan, Jun 23, 2013.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I run a test connection on my PS3

It takes NAT Type forever to come up then

It gets down to connection speed download and nothing comes up

I get something across the bottom of screen that says the router in use may not support IP fragments, and the communication features of some games may be restricted.

What does that mean?

2. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Sounds like you have a restricted NAT. Try running the same diagnostic feature directly connected to your internet if you can, bypassing your router. If everything pops up and works flawlessly you know it is your router. But it's an easy fix just type 192.168.0.1 in the URL bar of your browser, from there your routers access page should pop up. Google the default log in for whatever model router you have. Log in and find the IP address of your PS3 and put it in the DMZ which will remove it from the routers firewall unless you can find the exact ports you need open. Ensure you have the correct IP address because you don't want your home PC etc in the DMZ.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Router is only connected to PS3, would I need PS3 on to check it?

4. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

bcduggan say bro, same thing has been happening to me, just as u discribed. Recently, I've had a few drops in my Madden games, so i ran the test and i got the ip fragments message like u did, first time its happened and I've never changed any settings on my router or ps3. Strange stuff man but imma hop on the web and look for an explanation, ill holla if i find anything bro

• Like Like x 1
  5. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Do you have a laptop or desktop that's also connected to the internet?

IF you can, try unplugging the Ethernet cord from the back of your router and plug it directly into your PS3, then run your system check on your PS3 with it like that.