Help us out with some Content!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Hey all,

I've been extremely busy with work the past couple of weeks so haven't dedicated enough time to the league. That will be changing as things are slowing down a bit and I've dropped some of my other responsibilities to be able to focus on us here.

I'm going to plan a few cool things that hopefully everybody will enjoy. In addition, I'm going to ask some guys to help us out with weekly content. There are a few regular items that most people enjoy that are fairly easy to do. If you like one of the things below, post here and let us know and I can get you up and running and show you how to run it fairly easy.

Gambling Game (Set lines on games in The League for prizes)

Coaches Hot Seat Interviews (can be typed out)

Game of the Week Breakdown

Power Rankings (we had this before, but would like to make this regular)

This will give us a good start. AND if you have any other ideas go ahead and let me know how I can help!

2. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I could do Gambling Game

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

4. Pro

Pro Walk On

wouldn't power rankings be redundant considering theres an rpi thread?

5. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I thought this over before I did that because I didn't want to negatively affect the Power Rankings and I don't think it is redundant. They're both ranking systems but done completely differently and looking at different factors. With the RPI ranking, you get an objective ranking dealing only with known facts. With a power ranking though, it's a subjective ranking where the ranker can factor whatever they want into account.

For example, lets say the Eagles go 14-2 like Big D projected. Their 2 losses were by a total of 5 points and they blew out their opponent in every victory. However, they also had the weakest SOS in the NFL. In a power ranking, that could be a #1 team and would likely be in the top 2-3 at worst. In the RPI ranking though, that SOS will hurt them and they could theoretically end up between 5-10 or so.

So the RPI tries to measure and rank actual strength while the power ranking tries to rank perceived strength.

Edit: Also, check out the differences between the NCAA basketball end of regular season AP Poll and the RPI Rankings. There will be differences and that's one of the things that got me interested in doing this.