Hey, Beazus, re: our game (and to Dakota as well

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ociu, Jun 6, 2010.

1. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Hey, Beazus, re: our game (and to Dakota as well

I'm having trouble with my router's NAT settings, as you discussed. The NAT is set to open, I'm using port-forwarding, and have gone through each and every step on the XBox website, but none of them have seemed to help.

Really sorry for the trouble, man. To Dakota, if you want to put me on autopilot for this week so Beez can get the game in, I'm totally fine with that. Just bummed that I didn't get a chance to play against ya, BC.

I'm going to do everything I can to get this router fixed. I'm able to do everything with the dynasty except play user games (which, obviously, is important), so I need to get that fixed ASAP.

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

No need to autopilot if you have time. There is a topic on this in the general discussion forum on TF. Find it using the search function. Also, maybe someone in our dynasty knows more about routers than I do and can help out.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

This is not a new problem. If you make a post even in the Locker Room asking for help, I'm sure someones got a solution.

Did you try using a direct connection with your ethernet cable?

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Most likely if you have port forwarding working with the correct ports open and it's still not working correctly then it's probably something going on with the internal firewall on your router/modem.

5. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Yeah, I've got two out of the three suggested XBox ports open, and it's still coming up as an issue. Is there any way to get around this minus buying a new router? That's not really in my budget right now.

6. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Ok. So I've spent the entire day trying to get this done, and nothing's working for me.

I've tried port forwarding, setting up a DMZ, opening my NAT settings, and turning off firewalls to no avail.

I've contacted Netgear and they had nothing to say other than "call Xbox", which is entirely useless to me as I'm out of warranty at this point.

I'm fairly certain that the problem's with my modem and not my router, as I've plugged the Xbox directly into the primary jack, and the same problems are arising. The problem is that because I'm living in an apartment, I'm not able to access my modem to reset it since it's a modem for the entire building, which is friggin' weak.

I'm on my last bit of rope here guys. Any ideas?

7. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

B, I tried finding the post using search, but wasn't able to. Do you have a link?

8. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I'm not sure if you've all ready tried these guides, but if you type "xbox live nat settings help" into google search you get a lot of documents, guides, and youtube videos. Maybe something there can help you out. I'm not a huge tech guy, but usually when I have an issue I can find something discussing the exact same problem I'm having. It may not be quick, but I almost always find a solution to my issue.

9. dakota7

I think this is the last game........I'm more than willing to wait if you think you can make it work ociu. But if you can't............what should we do?

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

ociu, did you test your xbox live connection and didn't get any yellow triangles? Did you just plug in your ethernet and go or did you set your wireless settings to default and let it reconfigure? I know this sounds silly but is your router on the ok list for xbox live? If it is, then xbox live may be the place to call.

11. dakota7

Good point, you may be out of xbox warranty, but your Live account is active...there should be a help desk for that.

12. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

So I've been trying to make this work all day, and finally found out the right people to call. It turns out that my internet provider (which is some corporation out in Cali) has restricted the NAT settings to moderate in order to "protect their clients". Pretty much, I'm able to play against people with completely open settings, but no one with moderate or strict settings.
    I'll be able to play games against guys with open settings, but because of my internet provider, I'm not at all able to play against anyone with restrictive settings. Which explains how I could play against D a week or so ago, but am now unable to play against BC.

Sorry guys. It's my internet provider. I really want to be in the league, so I hope that you all can cut me some slack until I find a work-around, but with the game with BC, I'll have to ask for him to play against the computer (giving me an automatic loss. lol)

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Do you have access to the modem settings? Usually can get to them by typing into a browser 192.168.1.1 and then it'll ask for your username and password which generally is defaulted to admin/pass for the username/password or some combination of those (administrator/password, admin/admin, admin/password, etc). From there, you should be able to change the firewall settings on the modem.

What's the brand/model# of the modem and the service you are using? I can do some research on it and link you to somewhere that'll give you some directions on how to fix it.

14. dakota7

I set ociu to AP. Beazus you can play the cpu

15. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Alright. Sucks but it is what it is...