Hey Coach, Welcome to the Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Dec 20, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Jul 19, 2012
    Reserved for Coaches Who May Soon Face the "Fire"

This is one of the most even paced, record wise, seasons I've seen here since joining the 12th (now known as "The Q"). Nearly every single division is still up for grabs with 3 weeks remaining in the 2015 season. Most of those division races include 3 teams, a sign that the competition is very well spread out and very high. Only the Oakland Raiders (Hulk_hagen_55) and the Cleveland Browns (dablakpope) can clinch their respected divisions with a win this week. With that all said, let's take a look at some of those who proudly call themselves "The Bottom Feeders". We all know who they are. Some are new to the group, some have been there since the initial drop of M25 and have somehow never found their way out. Could it be that they got stuck with an unfortunately bad team from the start? Could it be that their play calling just stinks? Or maybe they've had to overcome one too many injuries? All those are possibilities. But let's shoot straight to the top here, COACHING! I'll break down who I think may, or may not be, on the chopping blocks in The Q's first ever installment of "The Hot Seat":

Buffalo Bills - Doug Marrone

Coach Marrone has tried everything under the sun to try and turn this team into a winner. He traded for one of the best QB's in the game, Cam Newton, and still couldn't get it done. His team is currently 1-11 right now, tied for worst in the league, and everyone inside the city of Buffalo is calling for his head. Will owner Michael Overman listen? I wouldn't be surprised if so. Coach Marrone, get ready to stop, drop, and roll!

Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Tomlin

"Sixburgh" it was once called. Nowadays the yellow towels have been used for wiping tears more than a sign of fanhood. Who can blame them? At 3-9 the Steelers are the bottom dwellars of the AFC North and coach Mike Tomlin's eye's are so big he's starting to look like Mr. Potato Head. (Wait, they looked like that even before the downfall). In all seriousness, this team has plummeted. They're currently 30th in the league in points scored,only managing to average 17.9 PPG. Ben Roethlisberger has been giftwrapping football's and handing them out to opposing teams all year long. Tomlin may get 1 more year just because of his history there, but owner AveryB may have seen enough. If he does get put to the flame, maybe coach Tomlin should just start crying; that would at least put them out quick.

Washington Redskins - Mike Shanahan

We are still calling them Redskins, right? Owner Warhawk AKA dreadman has had more than just silly name changes to deal with. He's got a franchise QB in RG3 who he's stuck with forever. Is RG3 the problem there in D.C.? I don't think so. But someone, or thing, most definitely is. The Skins are an awful 1-11 and ranked 29th in passing yards per game. Obviously RG3 isn't posting any superstar numbers in our nation's capital. So why is he not the one to blame you ask? Well just look at the Skins' defense for that answer. Dead last in both points allowed, a whopping 31.6/game, and they've also given up the most rushing yards per game at 133.8. Those are two numbers that will kill any team. Will the red face baron avoid the hot seat in D.C.? Or will he finally break the tipping point and actually combust?

Tennessee Titans - Mike Munchak

Former player turned coach. Munchak was always a fan favorite as a player and was brought in with high hopes from the organization. That, however; was under former owner Bud Adams. Muchack has failed to reach the playoffs thus far and owner ThaBayouChef is too accustomed to winning. If he survives and makes it past the hot seat this year, I would be pretty damn surprised. Coach Munchak, please take a seat!

San Diego Chargers - Mike McCoy

No run game and horrible defense. Two things that fans in San Diego have become accustomed to. Ryan Mathews has been absoultely dreadful out of the backfield this season. He's carried the rock 157 times for only 590 yards, and thanks to him the Chargers are dead last (56.5 yards/gm) in rush yards per game. Flip the script to their defense and the numbers are astonishing. 31st in pts allowed, 32nd in yards allowed, 32nd in pass yards allowed, and 29th in rush yards allowed. Their starting to make my 2012 Saints defense look good! HC Mike McCoy was given an opportunity here to bring San Diego back to the San Diegooo "Suuuupperrr" Chaaarrggeerr days. One quick glance and it's pretty obvious he's failing to do so. Rumor is owner KNICKSFAN_84 is fed up. Coach McCoy may want to start running for the Pacific, because the flames are hot on his trail.

Chicago Bears - Mark Trestman

Trestman entered this head coaching vacancy via the CFL. He's survived multiple new owners and multiple losing seasons. His downfall may actually be the thing he's needed all along, stability! I'm pretty confident that we finally have a steady owner in Chicago with Zikry. No telling in what direction he will go, what pieces he will move, and what schemes he will be looking to run. We can't put all the blame on him for his organization being 4-8 and dead last in the NFC North. But someone's got to take the blame. Who better than the guy from Canada and the one who's been running the ship for the past few seasons?

So, who stays, who goes? Only time will tell, but for now, let the debate begin!!
    • Like Like x 10
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Jul 23, 2010
    Good stuff Loren! Chuck Pagano is on the hot seat as well!
    • Like Like x 3

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    This league has ALWAYS been competitive to the final weeks (f*ck you alphabetical tie-breakers!). I like to see this perspective with some of the spotlight on the coaches. Nice work Loren! (y)
    • Like Like x 3
  4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Jul 22, 2010
    Great stuff Loren!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Jul 24, 2010
    great stuff my man...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Jul 31, 2012
    Awesome stuff Loren!!

I think the next few seasons for the Bills will be very interesting and fruitful ... Our stadium rebuild didn't go through last year for whatever reason...Next year...Bills might be starting fresh...new coach, new stadium....new city??
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

Jul 22, 2010
    :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: Losing to many close games.
  8. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Mar 1, 2012
    ;) Good entertainment look out bottom feeders
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Sep 22, 2010
    Fans seem to have really turned on Trestman lately. Chants of "go back home to minnesota" have already started at the home games.
    • Like Like x 3